PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Predator 500 White Smoke

DSDB500
06-08-2009, 12:11 PM
I have a 2006 Predator, I went riding pretty hard one day and got some water in it. When I got home I did a full oil change. The next time i went out it started smoking white smoke out of the tail pipe. Some one told me that I added to much oil but my oil level is perfect. Does anyone know what could be causing this, and what can be done to correct it? It runs fine, just when I get on the throttle it starts to smoke.

Flynbryan19
06-08-2009, 12:25 PM
White smoke is usually water/coolant. If you just sunk it recently you probably have so moisture in system somewhere.

DSDB500
06-08-2009, 12:29 PM
My coolant level is full, and it is not overheating. What do you suggest I can do to fix it?

Rkangel7
06-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Oil will be a bluish smoke. Water/coolant will be white. Getting a leak down test will be able to tell you a lot especially if your quad ingested water. Water doesn't compress and can cause some unpleasantness inside a combustion chamber.

There is not much you can do to fix it until you determine where the problem lies. On a leak down test they pressurize the cylinder, measure leakage, and listen for air escaping. If it is coming out of the intake or exhaust, you may have bent valves. If it is coming out of the crankcase you may be looking at piston/rings. If it is bubbling out through the coolant in the radiator you are probably looking at a blown head gasket/warped head.