PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Swaybar

TYLER329
06-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Has anybody ever tried on of the Sonic sway bars on the Outlaw IRS? If so do you have pics.

scuzz
06-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I IM'd Andrew @ Sonic. He should reply soon.

sonicracer
06-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks Scuzz.

I have attached attached some pictures of our anti roll IRS setup for the rear and I will also have pics for the front soon.

I am in the process of becoming a sponsor on this site so I hope I don' t get this message kicked off by sending you a link to see what others who have purchased this product say. I am still waiting on a reply on when I can get a advertisement banner up javascript:smilie(':)')

The rear anti roll bar for the outlaw will greatly increase your cornering speed and will not brake. I have a desert racer in California that broke several stock bars and aftermarket bars, but his sonic bar is still going strong and he picked up a noticeable cornering advantage.

[Polaris outlaw IRS thread] http://www.polarisriders.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=99&topid=436&thrid=59515[/URL]

http://www.sonicoffroad.com/images/new index/Anti Roll system/polarisoutlaw/100_0396 copyM.jpg

http://www.sonicoffroad.com/images/new index/Anti Roll system/polarisoutlaw/100_0398 copy.jpg

http://www.sonicoffroad.com/images/new index/Anti Roll system/polarisoutlaw/100_8575.jpg

sparks1032
06-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Next best question, how much? and does the stock grease fitting stay in place?

TYLER329
06-09-2009, 04:29 PM
That grease fitting is pretend anyways. There is no where for the grease to go once you put it in the zerk. The guy at Sonic told me 460.00 That would take 6 broken chomoly bars to pay for that, but its not out of the question as long as it works.

sonicracer
06-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I think the added value lies in a few different places. For one, you won't brake a bar in the middle of a long race that will cost you a lot of time and possibly damage to other components. The other added value is that we add a little more roll resistance then stock and it makes the IRS handle much better. We can also offer several different rate bars from very soft to very stiff so you can tune the ATV for the type of racing you are doing.

price for the rears is 450.00. It does not use the stock grease fitting. It has its own grease fitting and seals to keep the mud and dirt out.

fasterblaster02
06-10-2009, 08:42 PM
So, since this swaybar is stiffer and allows for bettier cornering, does it take away some of the independent part of the IRS?

sonicracer
06-11-2009, 08:51 AM
This is one of the most common misconceptions about anti roll bars and IRS. An anti roll bar adds a small amount of spring rate to your suspension during one wheel bump. One of my biggest questions is will it turn my atv into a Solid axle? The answer is No. You will get the same IRS feel that you have now but your cornering will be much better.

It is possible to put a extremely thick bar on it to where you can feel a difference when you hit a big log with one wheel but the bars we offer with the outlaw kit will not do this.

From the factory the bar should be much stiffer! The problem lies with the current design. A highly manufactured bar must be a single pc bent member to get the cost down. It isn't possible to make a short compact bar stiffer then the stock one to not break under extreme conditions. We see the bars braking all the time at the current thickness now make it thicker and they will brake easier. This is because as the diameter on a torsion spring goes up so do the stresses on the outside of the bar and the bar will fail at a smaller twist angle.

The answer is a long 3pc bar that is in torsion only and made from the right material as we have done.

Kannon
06-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Gotta love the cracked plastic in that pic. Is EVRYONE's plastic cracked right there?

sparks1032
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Nice catch Kannon i had the same cracks but I purchased a plastic welder and fixed it better than new! By the way havng a rear bumper with built in fender supports helps!

Kannon
06-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by sparks1032
Nice catch Kannon i had the same cracks but I purchased a plastic welder and fixed it better than new! By the way havng a rear bumper with built in fender supports helps!

Who makes a bumper with fender supports? Better yet...where can I find fender supports?

OutlawBill
06-16-2009, 09:43 AM
easy to make your own

Kannon
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
I never took metal shop :D It seems simple...a strip of sturdy metal, one perfect bend and two holes...but what do you use for the metal? Also...sorry for derailing the thread...really not my intent.

jjd223
06-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Would this new swaybar be beneficial to an Outlaaw Irs MX racer?

Thanks

sonicracer
06-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Our rear anti roll bar is essential for racing MX and XC.

Not to sound like a sales men about our products but an even roll balance from front to rear is very important for all racing. If you had a front anti roll bar on your irs as well as the rear it would handle more like a formula car in the corners and less like a desert race vehicle that does best in strait lines.

From what we have learned from Joe Byrd and Nick DeNoble racing MX with our front anti roll bar, roll balance is very important. We are able to get smooth cornering ant put more power down to the ground using our anti roll bar.

Anti roll bars aren't just for TT.

Visit our website and check out more of our products.

www.SonicOffroad.com (http://www.SonicOffroad.com)