PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts of my CR ignition

wes350x
06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Finally I had the opportunity to try it out in the dunes this weekend.

My opinions:
pros- better spark, newer technology, super fast revs

cons- WOW IT LUGS EASY at low speed!!!!!!!!!

norcalduner
06-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Ya missed the best part ..... it starts REAL easy on a bigbore :D

wes350x
06-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Yea, it does start easy. I am just so suprised on how much it lugged taking off on hills, As long as I stayed in the throttle I had no trouble.

hondamancbr03
06-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by wes350x
Finally I had the opportunity to try it out in the dunes this weekend.

My opinions:
pros- better spark, newer technology, super fast revs

cons- WOW IT LUGS EASY at low speed!!!!!!!!!

I'm new to the R world, coming from Yamaha Banshee land....I think the R i purchased has a CR ignition but not sure how to tell, can you tell me what to look for. The guy i bought the bike from had no idea what the bike had, didn't even know it had a 350pv engine......

norcalduner
06-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by hondamancbr03
I'm new to the R world, coming from Yamaha Banshee land....I think the R i purchased has a CR ignition but not sure how to tell, can you tell me what to look for. The guy i bought the bike from had no idea what the bike had, didn't even know it had a 350pv engine......

Easy way to check is the CDI has only 1 fat connector.....

hondamancbr03
06-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I did remove the stator cover and noticed the stator plate is a new billet mount....Did not see any adjustment to the mount like a Banshee has, but still learning.

Thanks

Jonny B
06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
With the stator cover off you should be able to see a tiny motorcycle flywheel instead of the bigger trx flywheel...also there is no regulator on the cr ignition. Here is a pic of a cr ignition.

hondamancbr03
06-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Jonny B
With the stator cover off you should be able to see a tiny motorcycle flywheel instead of the bigger trx flywheel...also there is no regulator on the cr ignition. Here is a pic of a cr ignition.

Thanks, I'll remove the cover again and compare the picture to what i have......I would like to find that it's a TRX stator, my night vision without lights sucks:) and battery powered Trail techs are a pain.

Thanks again

1promodfan
06-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by hondamancbr03
Thanks, I'll remove the cover again and compare the picture to what i have......I would like to find that it's a TRX stator, my night vision without lights sucks:) and battery powered Trail techs are a pain.

Thanks again

Hey hondamancbr03, if yours is a CR and you want a TRX ignition, I'll trade ya w/ some cash.

hondamancbr03
06-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Hey hondamancbr03, if yours is a CR and you want a TRX ignition, I'll trade ya w/ some cash.

I would be interested in that.....I'll find out tonight and let you know.
Thanks for the offer

thedeatons
06-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I NEED ONE TOO!!!!!!!! (CR IGNITION)

Fear250r
06-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I too got to try my recently installed CR ignition over the weekend. Holy S! This thing absolutely screws! And the it starts so easy, it's unbelievable. All my buddies that rode it loved it and could not believe how it runs now.