PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pedal Adjustment? Lowering it..?

dankbud42o
06-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Sup everyone, im new to the forums and to riding all together. bought my bike 3 weeks ago and just learning how to ride. i got Tusk nerf bars with the heel guards installed just the other day. i went riding today and i noticed that the brake pedal is about an inch or so HIGHER than the pegs.. is there an adjustment i can do to lower it an inch or 2? i noticed that ill b riding the brake because its so high...i did search and didnt find anything, only thing i found on here was someone mentioned heating the pedal up then bending it (id rather not do that). i notice there is a nut on the brake thing connected to the pedal, will that drop it down for me? TIA. :confused:

honda400ex2003
06-07-2009, 10:15 PM
you might be able to tighten the nut on the rear reservoir to get it to go down a bit. they should move up and down to accomodate different boots and feet sizes. i would check there first. good luck steve

honda400ex2003
06-09-2009, 08:12 PM
did you get it moved by chance? if you did, how did you do it. steve

dankbud42o
06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
i did, thank you. i loosened the locking nut then twisted the adjusting nut clockwise and it made the pedal drop to exactly where i wanted it (not good on the technical terms). just looking at it didnt seem like it would have dropped it that much but it sure did. hope this helps someone in the future :)