PDA

View Full Version : colonoscopy question

XxXsupa-flyXxX
06-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Tomor. morning I have to go in for a colonoscopy. Today I have been having to drink trilyte. The bottle says drink until stool is clear and that usually requires the whole gallon. I have throw up and cant drink anymore and it is completely clear when i go. I was wondering if anyone here has been in this situation and the colonoscopy came out good without drinking the whole bottle.

powermadd400ex
06-07-2009, 07:16 PM
its reccomended you drink the whole bottle just in case.
but if your puking, idk.
its kinda weird cause when my brother got his colonoscopy a couple weeks ago, he could only eat clear stuff 2 days prior to the procedure. jello, chicken broth, etc.

quad2xtreme
06-07-2009, 07:33 PM
hopefully there is a good reason for doing this. If you are under 50 then the risks of the procedure probably outweigh the chance they will find anything.

MX MaNiAc 06
06-07-2009, 07:41 PM
My mom is going through this right now. She downs the whole jug but she sets certain times so she can manage to get it down. I've watched her gag trying to get it down which is kinda hard for me to see my mother doing that but it's for the best!

Quad18star
06-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Had it many times with my Crohn's Disease ... I've never had to drink the full bottle as long as I follow the no eating and clear fluids only.

By the way ... the risks are very minimal.

XxXsupa-flyXxX
06-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
hopefully there is a good reason for doing this. If you are under 50 then the risks of the procedure probably outweigh the chance they will find anything.

Well for about the past month in a half about 8 times aday I think I have to use the bathrooms buts it's just chunks of blood and a little mucus and it's been horrible. I can't wait to find out what the problem is and get some medicine to help it.

BuB400
06-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks for playing to much information.

krt400ex
06-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by BuB400
Thanks for playing to much information.

in a round about way he asked for it lol

Quad18star
06-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by XxXsupa-flyXxX
Well for about the past month in a half about 8 times aday I think I have to use the bathrooms buts it's just chunks of blood and a little mucus and it's been horrible. I can't wait to find out what the problem is and get some medicine to help it.

Have you lost any weight at all?

Sounds like Colitis to me ..... but don't take my word for it and stress yourself out. It could also be polyps. I hope all goes well for you.

XxXsupa-flyXxX
06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
yeah we thought it might have been colitis, but this morning I went in and found out I have alot of ulcers in my lower colon. I really didnt get to talk to him about it, so i'll have to research it and see what it's all about

Quad18star
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by XxXsupa-flyXxX
yeah we thought it might have been colitis, but this morning I went in and found out I have alot of ulcers in my lower colon. I really didnt get to talk to him about it, so i'll have to research it and see what it's all about

That's usually what Ulcerative Colitis is all about.

If I can suggest a site to read up on a few thing , type in Crohn's and Colitis Foundation ... lots of information about the symptoms of the two conditions .. might help narrow or rule out some possibilities . But like I said , don't stress out until you get word from the doctor.