PDA

View Full Version : racer support

yfzracer14
06-07-2009, 12:23 PM
does any one know when the deadline is for the racer support program?, i am going to buy a second ds and am hoping it isnt over.

craigmacphee
06-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I wish you the best of luck. All the racing program has did for me up to this date has been to void my warranty.

I've had an exhaust manufacturer here do more for me than my dealer and BRP combined. My dealer had my MX for 10 days trying to "flash" my racing ECU that did not need to be flashed in the end. The directions said it did, and BRP would not return their calls to let them know that until 10 days later. (I had to call the tech hotilne myself) In the mean time, I was out 10 days. While it was there, I asked them to get my clutch upgraded. On the 10th day, they got it installed (had nothing to do with the outcome of the racing ECU). When I drove 2 hours to pick it up and took it for a test ride, it was leaking antifreeze out of the cover like a stuck pig. So, after waiting 10 days for my "racing" quad to be returned to me so I could "Race", it was not ready AGAIN. I had them put the old cover back on and have been racing it jacked up for the last 3 weekends. My dealer says the replacement cover and seals are on back order.

I have waited one month for (2) racing jerseys I had to pre-pay for and a helmet. Still not here and no date in sight.

What will the wait be if God forbid I blow my motor, bend an a-arm, axle, etc??? I hear these things happen once in awhile if you race hard.

I have attempted on 3 different occasions to get a list of racer upgrades i can do to my quad to make me more competitive, but all I keep doing is getting the runaround from BRP. The last e-mail I received said, "At this time we are updating our racing products and I cannot give you any further information until we update." Now what exactly does that mean? They don't have an idea what's going on yet and its the first of June??? My guess is their pro team has a good idea. So??? Promote this thing or not?

This past weekend I raced the Quad B class on Friday and won, and on Saturday I raced the Quad B (took second), and Vet 35+ and took first. Yes, I raced two classes on the same day. The break in between motos I was running around the mini track with my kids racing their 50's. Again, I was the only Can Am there. I'm not sure what else I can do to promote their product so they will help take care of me like they agreed to when I purchased the quad but I am definitely not a happy customer.

If you have better luck than me, please share your knowledge and experience with me and I will be greatly appreciative. Maybe a tip or two to let me know who you got through to or what I may be doing wrong would help greatly.

Respectfully,

Craig MacPhee
(989)550-2197

ltr311
06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Craig tell us how you really feel. LOL

Heres my experience. Twice my can am has been to dealership for recall/bulletin work. I was there when my service rep was talking to brp on the phone. They straight up told him twice over the phone if the customer is racing it we will take care of any out of warranty work he needs. My bike sprung a case leak and brp paid my dealership to fully disassemble the motor and put all new gaskets in it. Over 10hrs of labor and they paid to have the parts overnighted. Not only that but they said they would put the new clutch in it and take care of the labor on it also. I am totally impressed with my dealer and brp. My experiance has been a little different than yours, and Im not on the racer support program.

blaster99
06-07-2009, 09:08 PM
hmm, i have had opposite results. My quad also had the case gasket leak, and it is covered under warranty. I noticed the dealer plays a big part if you get the correct stuff done. Thankfully, i have a good one.

X400EX
06-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I had this coolant leak too after the update.

They replaced the water pump seal one week after and still leaking.

They had to order new cover, case and gasket. Guess what? The gasket was back order for more than one month.

That's about my story... Not impressed at all with the service.

craigmacphee
06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
alright, it sounds like 2 of you guys have had some good luck. That is great to hear. So...does anyone know the Michigan BRP REP, have a number, or know of a dealer in Michigan that can cut the bull, and care enough to get stuff done? Thanks, Craig

xrxmxcx
06-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Move to New England and deal with a better dealership?

Between the help that the two dealerships I have been dealing with I am very impressed with getting parts, and the turn around on information to and from the Can-am race department. I guess it pays to know the right people and to not get frustrated with what is going on behind the scenes.

:confused:

heartattack01
06-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
Move to New England and deal with a better dealership?

Between the help that the two dealerships I have been dealing with I am very impressed with getting parts, and the turn around on information to and from the Can-am race department. I guess it pays to know the right people and to not get frustrated with what is going on behind the scenes.

:confused:

I agree. Me and my cousin race for Columbia Motorsports too and they support the Can-Am support program through and through. It's gotta be the dealership though me and my cousin run Yamaha and Suzuki respectively. They're an awesome dealership to go to for Can-Am also. Hell on more than one occasion I know for a fact that they flat out lied to all 3 manufacturers to get any problems solved that cropped up for any of it's racers. If your dealer won't back it's riders 110% I'm not surprised there's problems. Come here and race the New England ATV-MX series and go to a dealership like Columbia Motorsports and you'll see what real support is. No offense in anyway to anyone who's having problems of course. The Can-Am is a great machine as well as the company as a whole. I really hope you all can straighten your problems out and enjoy your new rides.

IOWAracer
06-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Did they ever decide to back us previous owners?

heartattack01
06-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
Did they ever decide to back us previous owners?

Nope that's in VERY bold print on the support contract. It only applies to new buyers. A lot of people aren't happy about that and I agree but that's how they're doing it. You need to have bought either a brand new 09 or an 08 leftover AFTER the start date of the contingency.

Blizzard24
06-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Can Am did support a previous owner, again, it is all based on the dealership.

I wasnt entitled to the rebate based on the prior purchase but I did receive eveything else.

mhill157
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Boy my dealers must really suck. I filed for the race program, or gave the dealer the paperwork and was told I didn't qualify. Hell I was one of the first people to race NEATV with one. My only problem I have now is getting parts in a timely manner. 2 weeks and still don't have any parts. Don't get me wrong I love this quad but come on Can Am HELP US OUT

grannysleeper
06-08-2009, 08:50 PM
That's got to be your dealer, when I order factory parts online, I have them on my doorstep out here in BFE in no longer than week and a half!