PDA

View Full Version : fox shock tuning

bobbys9350
06-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey guys I am running the front floats on my R. Right now I have the clickers right in the middle and Im running 180 in the evol. I was thinking about taking the high and low speed all the way soft and putting more in the evol (Maybe like 230) and seeing if that will give me some plushness up top? I was wondering what kind of pressure you are running even though you cant really compare from one application to the next...... Thanks

moshachusetts
06-13-2009, 11:31 AM
i would love to know what people have theirs set to as well. and their weight and type of riding. i have no clue on setting these up. right now i just set the air pressures in the middle and left the high and low speed compression at factory settings(which were equally set,i checked) other than that i set the rebound to my liking.mine are on a 08 yfz450 not the R model but i doubt there that much different

moshachusetts
06-21-2009, 07:50 AM
with the fox floats being the most popular shocks out there i would have thought there would have been a ton of responses

moshachusetts
09-07-2009, 04:57 PM
bringing this thread back from the dead. still curious as to what other people are running them. i got mine fairly well set for me on a mx track,but i just leave them the same when i hit the woods but i really should soften them up. lets here how you guys are running them.

tedwilley
09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm 195# with gear. Teixiera arms
I run 35-40 in the main, 190-200 in the evol. My slow speed is two clicks from full soft, highspeed two-three clicks from full hard, rebound is pretty slow maybe 12-14 clicks in from no dampening (all the way out)
Fox ships all shocks with hi/lo comp and rebound all set in the middle.
About the only time I bottom is if I hit into a deep whoop nose first (ow!)

Remember that with all shocks changing any one of the settings (hi comp, lo comp, rebound), will affect the other two settings, depending on how big of change you make.