PDA

View Full Version : ? on install of Moose case saver-do I keep the

rinaldi
06-07-2009, 09:23 AM
plastic housing installed over the case saver? The new bolts and the case saver don't seem to work with the plastic cover that protects the front sprocket and the chain from being exposed. But it just seems very odd to only have the Moose case saver installed without that cover. Again if the cover does not go over the case saver than the whole front sprocket and chain is exposed. Seems kind of a useless upgrade if that is the case.

lilyamaharacer4
06-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Theres supposed 2 be just the cover no gaurd ontop of it. And most were riding boots so there is nothing that the chain can catch on.

rinaldi
06-07-2009, 10:25 AM
I have boots, but it just seems odd to me to that fully exposed. Also not sure how much this is an improvement over stock.

RIDEREDson
06-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Behind the plastic chain guard is the factory case saver. An after market one is a lot stronger and thicker than a stock one. Its a no-brainer if you have both in hands to see the difference.

It makes the bike look better without the guard anyway IMO.

MtnEX
06-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Most aftermarket case savers eliminate the stock guard.

The only one I've ever seen that doesn't is the ModQuad case saver I put on my KFX 450R.

You might contact them and see if their 400EX version eliminates the guard.

honda400ex2003
06-08-2009, 08:00 PM
when i had my prodesign one on mine, i used the outside metal guard but used the pro design one in place of the stock one under the guard frame. it worked fine for me but i had to do some grinding to get the prodesign one to work with a 16 tooth front sprocket. steve

Eviltanker
06-12-2009, 06:15 AM
I got the ModQuad on mine and yes you lose the guard.