PDA

View Full Version : Jetting questions?????

muad
06-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Mods are in my sig. I'm not sure what jets are in the quad works kit, as it was installed by the local dealer before I bought the bike.

My father just bought me a hotcams stage 1 cam, and I just ordered an EHS lid.

Does anyone know what jets come in the quad works power up kit??

I'm wondering if I need to change my jets for these new mods???

Last question, will the sparks key require any jetting changes??

Thanks for all the help you guys give! I greatly appreciate it!!

-Will

honda400ex2003
06-07-2009, 04:47 PM
you should not have to rejet for the stage 1 but you will for the ehs lid. i dont think that the sparks needs to be rejetted but it yoiu are lean enough already it may need to be since it will start to predetonate with the timing advanced. I am also unsure what jets come in the kit but you should be able to find out by going to their site. you should have to go up about 4 jet sizes to get enough to offset the lid being off. it depends on quite a bit though so you will probably have to do some expirimenting to get it right where it needs to be. do some plug chops and such to make sure you are good. steve

honda400ex2003
06-07-2009, 05:00 PM
i did not find any sizes for jets in their kits so you will have to get your kit out and see which one is gone and if you have more jets bigger than what you have. there should be a list on the directions so you should be alright. if they just put in the power kit, it should be the reccomended jets that are in it. you will have to check it out. steve

muad
06-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks Steve!

I also searched for the jet sizes on their site and found nothing, before I posted this up. So, are you thinking (or know that) the power up kit came with several jets sizes to choose from? If so, I'm pretty sure I can get the extra ones from the previous owner or my local dealer can them from him (the have a good relationship with him). That would be sweet.

All of the current mods were installed when the bike was bought new by the previous owner, so I have no clue what was put in. I guess it's time for me to open up the carb and look.

For a reference point, can you give me an idea of what pilot and main jet "might" work?

I'm going to install the lid first, then rip it a few times and pull the plug, and go from there.

Thanks for the help. It looks like I'll be doing the lid this week (if it shows), then the cam next weekend/week after, then I will need to order the sparks advance key in the coming month of so.

honda400ex2003
06-07-2009, 10:13 PM
the kit most likely came with more jets, i would ask the previous owner if you can get it. otherwise i would get some bigger ones like a 152, 154, 156 and a 158. The stock main is 148. the stock pilot is a 38 you should be able to keep that and go up on the main. i would go with a 154 first then go up or down from there a couple. i ran a 150 with my k and n and my slip on t-4. the lid would open it up so i would say to go up about 4 sizes. you can get them from jetsrus or your dealer. if you can not get the kit form the other owner that is where you have to get them. the kit may be another kit like the jets in a dynojet kit that are a different shape. good luck steve

muad
06-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Thanks again for the help Steve.

I'll call the shop today and see if they can give him a call.

-Will

honda400ex2003
06-08-2009, 03:58 PM
no prob bro good luck with your search. steve