PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got my jetting sorted out!

IcutMetl
06-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Today was a good day! I had been having issues with jetting ever since breaking in my new top end.

Thanks to a lot of help from you guys, the guy at Carb Parts Warehouse in Cleveland, and what was left of my patience, I finally got it singing out very well.

I have bought so many different jets; both pilot and mains, plus other needles, that I had myself convinced I should have just bought the damn 38 airstryker to begin with!! And I was close...someday...

I'm currently running a 175 main jet, a 48 pilot jet, a DGH needle on the 4th clip down, and the airscrew 1.75 turns out. I gapped my B8ES at .020". Still the same 50/50mix of 93 and 110 octane and 40:1 Klotz.

It'll start 1st kick when warm, idle forever, NO more sputter in the midrange, and it pulls all the way to the top. Hardly any clutching is needed in tight woods, and it really pulls into the powerband well. Best throttle response yet! It actually gives my pal's DMC-piped Banshsee a good run for it's money down the road. I haven't done a good plug check, and I'm sure I can tweak it a little more...but I reaaaaallly don't feel like messing with it now. I'd really like to be feeding the beast with an airstryker and ESR TRX-5, but for now I'm quite pleased.

Thanks for your help!

rustyATV
06-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Awesome! Glad you got it sorted out.

It's a good feeling when it's running right.

And if you ever feel like messing with it again to try to get it better, just write down what you have and go back if you get lost.

woodsracer144
06-07-2009, 07:17 PM
whats do you have for a carb and motor? i need to get mine dialed in... its a little rich...

IcutMetl
06-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I have a stock cylinder bored .060" over and midrange ported, a 38mm Keihin PJ that came on the 'wheeler when I bought it along with a RAD valve, and an FMF Fatty compliments of ebay.