PDA

View Full Version : help me please! i'm building a xc kids atv!

snobmxman101
06-06-2009, 04:26 PM
hi! i am going to be building a kids xc atv next year and i need to know what quad and mods i should put on it to make it ready for sand,mud,rocks,hill climbs,jumps,whoops,and all other xc style stuff
please help me!
i will buy frames and motors and all kinds of stuff to make it xc ready
thanks

LT80
06-07-2009, 07:18 AM
My advise would be to see what class(s) your rider qualifies for (age).
This will tell you what cc's you'll be able to run and you can then investigate the machines that are used.
You'll prolly want a DRR or Apex on the Low end ($) and a Cobra on the high end.
There is a 18K option of a JB mod... :)

06-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by snobmxman101
hi! i am going to be building a kids xc atv next year and i need to know what quad and mods i should put on it to make it ready for sand,mud,rocks,hill climbs,jumps,whoops,and all other xc style stuff
please help me!
i will buy frames and motors and all kinds of stuff to make it xc ready
thanks

Just buy my xc racing quad. Its got all the goodies on it Elka shocks front and rear, +3 a arms , +4 swinger, Piped, adjustable cdi, AC nerfs,holeshot tires new, douglas and itp rims, 2 sets of plastics, Koso 24 mm carb, ct intake, dual stage reeds, high comp head, heavily modded clutch and variator, just lots of aftermarket parts on it let me know.

Bill Lemans
06-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah, just do it. Buy it now, save some coin. It's way cheaper than buying everything from scratch....:cool:

jandjracing
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by LT80
This will tell you what cc's you'll be able to run and you can then investigate the machines that are used.
You'll prolly want a DRR or Apex on the Low end ($) and a Cobra on the high end.

I have had several CVT's and Cobras. There is not much cost difference between the two by the time you build the CVT up with long travel arms, shocks, wheels, tires, pipe, cylinder, carb, ignition, and weed out everything that will not hold up. The difference is that you spend it all up front versus buying individual parts to bolt on. You can also build a new JB for around 10 or 11K if you watch for deals. It all comes down to what kind of machine you want your kid on.

06-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Well this one I have for sale is real cheap for everything that's on it. What a bargain

snobmxman101
06-07-2009, 12:13 PM

well i dont race i just do this free ride style
so no clas checking here

snobmxman101
06-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
Just buy my xc racing quad. Its got all the goodies on it Elka shocks front and rear, +3 a arms , +4 swinger, Piped, adjustable cdi, AC nerfs,holeshot tires new, douglas and itp rims, 2 sets of plastics, Koso 24 mm carb, ct intake, dual stage reeds, high comp head, heavily modded clutch and variator, just lots of aftermarket parts on it let me know.
and how much?

06-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Sent you pm. Thanks

born2ride14
06-07-2009, 02:26 PM
What about the Pister Pro quad? I have seen that two kids in the gncc are doing great on them

snobmxman101
06-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Sent you pm. Thanks
how do oyu acess the ibox thing becouse i dont now becouse i have never gotten a private msg
thanks

snobmxman101
06-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 300maniac
What about the Pister Pro quad? I have seen that two kids in the gncc are doing great on them i think its to much money or how much do they cost canadian?

06-07-2009, 03:24 PM
its right underthe atvriders banner says messages its at the top of the page.

snobmxman101
06-07-2009, 03:32 PM
its right underthe atvriders banner says messages its at the top of the page.
thanks

LT80
06-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Funny stuff "eh". LOL

"i will buy frames and motors and all kinds of stuff to make it xc ready"
Then..
"i think its to much money or how much do they cost canadian?"

"well i dont race i just do this free ride style"
Oh Ok, I get it now,,you trail ride. When ppl say XC (cross country) racing is usually thought of.:)

Hey Toby, how ya know he needs a 50? He never mentioned his kids age.

06-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Well mines a 90 Jack lol. I dont know about a 50 I have none. LOL

LT80
06-08-2009, 07:30 AM
My bad Toby. :D
I thought you was on 50's. Donno why I thought that.:)

06-08-2009, 07:34 AM
No im the 50mm nut remember. LOL 44mm stuffer crank 50mm cylinder. Now were watercooled.

snobmxman101
06-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Funny stuff "eh". LOL

"i will buy frames and motors and all kinds of stuff to make it xc ready"
Then..
"i think its to much money or how much do they cost canadian?"

"well i dont race i just do this free ride style"
Oh Ok, I get it now,,you trail ride. When ppl say XC (cross country) racing is usually thought of.:)

Hey Toby, how ya know he needs a 50? He never mentioned his kids age.
im the kid im the so called "son"
and im only 11 yrs old okay and im putting alot of money into this ok but yeah i know that some stuff i say is funny tho

snobmxman101
06-09-2009, 06:35 PM
i need a 90cc atv or bigger but not a 250