View Full Version : great racing power?

m0t0xk1d
06-05-2009, 07:50 PM
i just began racing in the neatv to find out they were much faster atvs then mine. i need to make this a faster quad. i have suspension so thats fine now. i have hmf full exhuast system. uni air filter with airbox cover off. i have a keihin carb with accelerator pump (i dont knowif tat sock or not) with a 172 main jet. what can i do to make it ALOT faster

dirtdawg
06-07-2009, 08:52 AM
you can get a 400ex carb which is an improvement, but the 330 kit is probably the best thing for you. porting would be good for you too. don't know how much money you have to spend though. i would start with the carb because you are gonna need it for when you install the 330 kit.

born2ride14
06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
i just began racing in the neatv to find out they were much faster atvs then mine. i need to make this a faster quad. i have suspension so thats fine now. i have hmf full exhuast system. uni air filter with airbox cover off. i have a keihin carb with accelerator pump (i dont knowif tat sock or not) with a 172 main jet. what can i do to make it ALOT faster

Just take your topend off bore it .080 over that will make it a 297, then send off your head to a good and i mean GOOD Engine builder to get it ported and polished, also get over sized valves. I would reccomend Tc or Sparks for this if you send it to Tc you will not be dissapaointed, but i havent really heard about a sparks motor, i do know that they are the only one around who carries an oversized exahaust valve. I know sparks does good motor work,i just havent heard anything about a sparks built 300ex motor.

Then you will need a good carb. 400ex carb seems to work good for most people

Maybe a cam from sparks or Tc but you will also need to get HD springs

Soo yeah that should get you good power, but it expensive

Do the head and the cam first you will notice your most power from that, boring it out to a 297 is just to make sure you are getting as much power LEGALLY

honda250xrider
06-07-2009, 03:05 PM
simply put you need
port job
cam
oversized valves
carb
high compression piston

I have had good experiences with four stroke tech for the 300's motors.

i personally used sparks +3 intake +1.5 exhaust, with fst custom grind cam, je 12:1 piston, decked head, full port and polish, lectron carb and combined it was a very strong pulling motor

m0t0xk1d
06-08-2009, 05:35 PM
well i decided on the sparks mx national engine kit minus the pipe and carb. it has a 14:1 piston which is good then the cams and porting and all that and what not