PDA

View Full Version : Chain Lenght 100, 110 or 120

bananas
06-05-2009, 06:54 AM
If you are stock what would be the chain length?

If you are + 1 on your swing arm what would be the chain length?

If you are + 2 on your swing arm what would be the chain length?

If you are + 3 on your swing arm what would be the chain length?

Thanks

Creech52
06-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Stock swinger, stock gearing I think a 100 will do, but Id go with a 110 just for the hell of it.

As far as the others go I dont know, also keep in mind some different sprocket ratios will change chain length.

wilkin250r
06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Your sprocket sizes will affect chain length, but let's first assume you have stock.

The stock 86 swinger is 96 links (99% certain), but the 88/89 swingarm is shorter by 1 inch, I think the stock chain is 92 links (80% certain).

Each link in your chain is about 1/2 inch long, so a +1 swinger will need two links longer going out, and obviously two links longer coming back, so you're looking at 4 links total. So a +2 swinger would need 8 extra links.

As for your sprocket sizes, you've got about enough adjustment to go 1 tooth up or 1 tooth down from your stock setup, but this is TOTAL teeth, front and rear. If you go +1 on the front sprocket, and -1 on the rear sprocket, your ratio is different, but your total teeth are the same, and will use the same length chain. But if you just try to go +3 on the rear, you'll need two extra links in your chain to fit.