PDA

View Full Version : TRX250x issues

85spraybomb
06-05-2009, 06:33 AM
ok guys,ive been struggling to actually be able to ride my 250x lately,so i decided id post up for some advice.
87 250x,new plug,new filter,valves adjusted(im gunna readjust them,whoever did them i dont think did it right)tried 2 different coils and it still acts up.
heres what its doing.
sometimes it would start right up no problem,and i could ride it all day,but if i left it sitting,idling for a sec(i went in to pay for the gas the other day),it shut off,and i had to bumpstart it to get it going again,then the other night,i rode it to work,it sat pretty much the whole day,when i went to leave,it wouldnt start,so my boss had to pull me,and my house is maybe a mile away,well anyways,it ended up not starting until we were about 3/4 of the way to my house,then it actually started running.

im going to buy a brand new coil and adjust the valves today,but is their anything else i should check?
i checked the coil connections,put a new spark plug boot on,and its still kinda funky.
so if anyone has any ideas,opinions,advice,id like to hear them.

Thanks
-Kenny

PA250x
06-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, put I would check your jetting on your carb, plug gap, air filter, or even possibly your choke is getting stuck. I know with my jetting on my carb, when I have the lid on the air box, it is fairly hard to start, but when I take the lid off, it fires right up. I would check these couple things before you go buying a coil and stuff. Always rule out the free stuff before buy stuff. Hope this helps!! Good Luck!!

I was just thinking about this and how mine is. I know sometimes I have to give it a little gas to start it, other times I don't. Try different things when it won't start after it is warm. Maybe you need to give it a little gas if you aren't or if you are, try not giving it gas. It is hard to say without being there to see what is going on.

85spraybomb
06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
UPDATE:got up early today,since i didnt have school,messed with it.
the valves DEFINITELY were not adjusted correctly,whoever adjusted them didnt do it on the compression stroke,so i redid them .004 and adjusted the decompression cable,and it fired right up.
i let it sit idling and it was ok,then i took it for a ride for like 1/2 hr or so.
when i came home,i let it sit running again for a couple minutes,and it died again,and then i had to bump start it,and it fired right up again.
so it seems to me it has to be something electrical,does anyone else have any ideas?