PDA

View Full Version : need so advice be4 i spend $$

smokindw
06-04-2009, 09:19 PM
ok so when im riding 2day my 440 would feel like it was loosing alot of power, mostly in 3-5 gear- 1st and second were pretty good but in the higher gears it felt like i was hitting a false rev limiter or like the bike was under a huge load!! i think that my clutch might be going but on the right and left side crankcase cover were running super hot!! even after only running a couple of mins and the oil tank,CYLINDER HEAD and everything was really super hot!! and yes i know that the 440 run hot but i have never seen my bike get this hot. i rode last year when it was like 95 out and the bike ran good and 2night it was like 55 and the whole front was super hot. i could even feel that the front of the steering stem was pretty warm!! any ideas of what is going on???

honda400ex2003
06-04-2009, 09:49 PM
bearings going inside or the clutch is slipping really bad. i am not really sure, i will think about this a bit more tonight. steve

honda400ex2003
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
it is definately something making a ton of friction to make heat like that. otherwise i dont really know what could cause that unless something happened with your jetting making it get really hot and start to show symptoms of overheating when the powerloss shows up. heat robs the power fast. is it popping or spuddering or anything? steve

droppedmazda
06-05-2009, 02:41 AM
sounds like its leaning out real bad. does it have a air box lid? clean the fuel system and see what it does.

Snipe
06-05-2009, 01:57 PM
If its a stroked 440 kit I have heard of them wearing out clutch kits pretty fast.

smokindw
06-05-2009, 02:28 PM
first its not a stroker 440, and i hav the 450r carb on and i was running rich at the time cuz i also thought that it might be running lean also so i had a 195k and a 52 pilot in her with the clip on the 4th notch down and the a/f 2 1/2 turns out. im running Vp110 racing fuel in her. there is no popping at all and im running a um racing airbox wit no lid. Should i put the lid on?? all the clutch is all stock and never been touched for the day i bought her new in 2006. its weird cuz its only bout 48 and raining here right now and i just took her for a hard 5min rip and there was alot of power and the clutch felt good but when i got back the whole front end was super hot again!!

ezdaar
06-05-2009, 02:35 PM
My moneys on a slipping clutch.

Glazed plates and or weak springs.

My bro's raptor did the same thing. Felt great on the bottom, but slipped like mad in the upper rpm's and gears.
Made INTENSE heat!

Did a full clutch rebuild and all problems went away.

droppedmazda
06-05-2009, 03:03 PM
try putting the lid on and see what it does.