PDA

View Full Version : Shocks: Do they make a big difference?

dylandrew1
06-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Do high-end shocks make a big difference? I've read threads on Fox, Elka, and iShocks. For the price, are they worth it? Which ones are better?

TrapZ400
06-07-2009, 09:09 PM
They sure do make a difference. If you are a really aggressive rider or if you race then they are worth buying. They make the quad handle a lot better. All of those companies are good. The Fox Floats are really nice. Elkas are good too. Some people have different opinions on Elkas though some hate them and some love them. ishocks are pretty decent too.

Colby@C&DRacing
06-08-2009, 12:20 PM
shocks make a huge difference if they are set up for you and your riding style. You also might look into getting your stock shocks revalved and resprug sometimes it can be a less expensive option.

Flynbryan19
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Shock work is THE best bang for your buck. Suspension in my opinion should be your first big upgrade with motor being last. All the motor in the world isn't any good with out a good handling chassis.

GT Thunder does my suspension work and they do a GREAT job.

drzoo2
06-08-2009, 04:24 PM
GT thunder can rebuild your original '06 shocks alot cheaper than buying a new set. Duel rate springs and a revalve.

nastynotchback1
06-12-2009, 07:09 AM
i am still a big custom axis freak.i love them.i also let Quinn motorsports do my suspension and WOW he knows his stuff

dylandrew1
06-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks all for the help. I feel much better knowing a little bit more about suspension options. It sounds like I don't necessarily need to buy new ones to get better handling.