PDA

View Full Version : bosses ****** work :(

buck440
06-04-2009, 06:21 PM
well it's my second day working at midwest napa and my boss was like go over to this house i rent out and clean it up due to the rentee's skipping out and leaving. so i get there and this place looks like a crack den in all, cloths, wires, dead birds, roaches :bandit:, and worst of all the kitchen. there was a weeks worth of maggoty trash scattered all over the floor and they poored milk all over the tile.....so after 4 hours and countless thoughts of me telling my boss to shove this job up his *** i get it done and fyi milk turnes clear/yellow/white when it's a few weeks past due:grr:. i mean instead of doing his bich work shouldn't i be learning the computer codes, product #'s and what have you that would take months to learn as he said to me the first day:confused:

Scro
06-04-2009, 06:23 PM
You're the new guy. You're supposed to get the ***** work.

ben300
06-04-2009, 06:41 PM
so let me get this right, you work at napa, which is a the most part is a retail chain, where you sell things, and your boss, has you go to one of his rental properties to clean it up?

that doesnt fit in the job description to me? sounds like a conflict of interest right there

S.A.J
06-04-2009, 06:43 PM
This too shall pass....if this job is the only option you have and you would like the actual job when your done with the crap then hang in there,if not and you have other options heck you wouldnt be seeing me there long in a place like that.... thats my opinion

buck440
06-04-2009, 07:37 PM
there is no one i could really take this up with since his dad opened the doors 70 years ago and is his son/my boss would probably just fire me if i complained. just to give you guys an idea of what kind of a guy he is this is some of the stuff he has done. my first day as i drove by the store he was humping the window, a female customer was walking out and he was acting like he was humping her, he told me to ask this guy who just walked in to touch my.....countless sexual remarks, every time i mess up he jokes about cutting my head off in many diff creative ways, he asked me if my mom was white during a conversation¿!¿ and the best one of all he always says he's going to shoots arrows at me like a zulu warrior would, lol! is this not f'ed up?

Scro
06-04-2009, 07:45 PM
It was somewhat believable before that little spill.

wvspeedfreak
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
All parts guys are like that.

destey
06-04-2009, 07:54 PM
is the boss the store owner?

Pappy
06-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak

hell, almost 20 years of dealing with them...I would say this one is pretty sane:p

wvspeedfreak
06-04-2009, 07:59 PM
LOL :D

buck440
06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
it's sadly all true, it's kinda a run down building not like one of them ones you got to wear a napa shirt, drug test, good appearance ect. i'm posting this just so i can get your opinion. he can be a nice guy but most of the time he's like this and i need this job BADLY!!! and yet he's the most unprofessional guy to work with and he's 60 years old if that matters.

buck440
06-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by destey
is the boss the store owner? yah he's the owner

Pappy
06-04-2009, 08:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8xM7Kwt664&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8xM7Kwt664&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

buck440
06-04-2009, 08:38 PM
i feel kinda bad saying all this stuff since he gave me the job but damn man and he says all this in a joking manner not that it makes it right but just so you know,and pappy, love that guy :D if his comments keep up i'm prolly just going to quit even though it's the easiest job in the world practically

powermadd400ex
06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8xM7Kwt664&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8xM7Kwt664&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i wanna know one thing, how did chris take his shirt off without his hat moving or coming off :p

Quad18star
06-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak

Takes a special kind of person to work parts. LOL ... I've done it for almost 10 years now.

When you punch numbers all day and deal with b!tchy customers, you gotta try and find something to pass the time and keep you from going insane.

The best guy I ever worked with was a Newfoundlander .... if you know how newfies are , you'll know what I'm talking about ... if not , well a newfie has the characteristics of someone that is half retarded , loves to drink , speaks with a crazy accent and comes up with such dumb stuff it's funny. They usually get so hyper and talk a mile a minute and seem like they're strung out on speed or something. This guy was my manager at the last place I worked at and was only 2 years older than I am. Everyday he'd bring in a 6 pack of Molson Coldshot ( 7. something % alcohol ) and start drinking them at 3PM. By closing time he was usually wasted and just sat at his desk rambling on about women he tried picking up at the bars or back home in Newfoundland ... half the time I didn't have a clue what he was saying cuz he was wasted and had the newfie accent. He was a different breed, but the guy would give you the shirt off his back .

SRH
06-04-2009, 10:11 PM
are napas privately owned or chain setup like a walmart of macdonalds or something, because i couldnt see walmart being ok with the manager sending them over to clean up his rental properties on company time

buck440
06-05-2009, 06:08 AM
idk but i'm going to see how it goes today and tell you all about the good stuff.

buck440
idk but i'm going to see how it goes today and tell you all about the good stuff.

buck440

fastredrider44
06-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Pappy, that was probably the creepiest family guy clip I have ever seen.

scuzz
06-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by buck440

OK! Thanks!

ZeroLogic
06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
No one ever said work was easy.

Isn't NAPA an auto parts store? They got one right by me.:confused:

derekhonda
06-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by SRH
are napas privately owned or chain setup like a walmart of macdonalds or something, because i couldnt see walmart being ok with the manager sending them over to clean up his rental properties on company time

Same thing I was thinking. If it was franchised out and the manager of that lone store is king boss and just pays a percentage back to napa, you're outta luck.

If they have a regional supervisor etc, cause they are not privately run, then...you have another person to ask about. Either way, you probably aren't either going to want to/be able to stay at that job if you pull the red flag. Chances are if what he is doing isn't "legal", everyone there before you had some sort of the same job when they were the "new guy" and your sort of initiation will never have been complete.

derekhonda
06-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
No one ever said work was easy.

Isn't NAPA an auto parts store? They got one right by me.:confused:

Nope it's a "A PAN" store they just spell it backwards....

....Heres your sign

buck440
06-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
OK! Thanks! your welcome:), it froze on me and i kept clicking. well all day i weedeated and i pulled the string and cought my nail an an edge and lifted it up, burnt myself badly twice on the motor...IT SUCKED CHODEEE but i herd one of the guys i work with saying that there testing me untill i give up soooo now i know what it's all about doint this slave work in all. and the store is called MIDWEST AUTO PARTS and has a little napa sign next to it and they carry all napa crap so is it napa or what?

krt400ex
06-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
OK! Thanks!

lmao

Lowcountrydave
06-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Hey buck440,

I can relate. My first job was in auto parts. Being the youngest guy there I got stuck with the worst jobs. When the stock truck came in, I had to put it up by myself, while the old guys sat on their ***** and smoked cigarettes. Lifting engine blocks by myself, along with marine batteries. When it was slow I was privileged to wax the boss Caddilac. Not to mention I would have to go pick up one of the counter guys. He was a total drunk with no ride.

The best time though, was when we all joined a bowling league. The boss was on a different team. He was bowling really good one night, so he wanted to make a wager for the following week when are teams played each other.($20 a game) That week we are bowling and he is doing shi!!y. He always starts drinking heavily when hes not bowling well. He barely broke 100 most of the three games. I asked him about the money. He said "why don't you not come in to work tomorrow?" I said I don't work on wed anyways. He said "how about the next day then" So I proceeded to cuss him out in front of everyone there. Another guy wan't to beat his @ZZ for $13 , haha.

Best part is he didn't remember any of it.

Dave

buck440
06-06-2009, 05:47 AM
im finishing out today peacefully if all goes well

ZeroLogic
06-06-2009, 04:14 PM
I always thought you were cute. <3

Originally posted by derekhonda
Nope it's a "A PAN" store they just spell it backwards....

....Heres your sign