PDA

View Full Version : Jumping issue

Vampire2800
06-04-2009, 06:09 PM
No matter what I do, when we're out riding (jumping specifically), my quad's front end ALWAYS hits the ground first. 1 time I even had to bail before landing because it was already past the point of no return. I've tried everything from throttle adjustments on the ramp to leaning & sitting way back on the bike. Every once in a while, it flattens out just perfect, but if I can't find a consistent pattern then I can't adjust the suspension properly. My buddy (much more experienced than I am) seems to think that the front push bar is too heavy. It's a GYT-R front push bar, though.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks in advance

Franklin999
06-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Make sure you are not letting off the throttle on the face of the jump hold it all the way off the face of the jump or th front end will drop had to learn the hard way when i was about 13 years old...

JR3
06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Vampire2800
No matter what I do, when we're out riding (jumping specifically), my quad's front end ALWAYS hits the ground first. 1 time I even had to bail before landing because it was already past the point of no return. I've tried everything from throttle adjustments on the ramp to leaning & sitting way back on the bike. Every once in a while, it flattens out just perfect, but if I can't find a consistent pattern then I can't adjust the suspension properly. My buddy (much more experienced than I am) seems to think that the front push bar is too heavy. It's a GYT-R front push bar, though.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks in advance

your friend is an idiot unless u have a 50lb lead weight tied to it it will not make a diffrence. just lean back and stay steady on the gas the whole time.

Austin81
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
you dont have to stay on the gas the whole time if you hit the throttle right at the lip of the jump then you should be just fine. depending on where the jump is you def dont want to hit it wide open.

IdahoMX
06-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Your quad will also respond to suspension set up as to how it will fly on a given jump. You can adjust pre load and such on both shocks to change how it will take off and land. If you dont have any idea how to do this you can also make it worse. Try slowing down the front rebound a couple clicks and speeding up the back or vice versa till you can get a good consistent flight every time.

JR3
06-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Austin81
you dont have to stay on the gas the whole time if you hit the throttle right at the lip of the jump then you should be just fine. depending on where the jump is you def dont want to hit it wide open.

STAYING ON THE GAS DOESNT MEAN WIDE OPEN I JUST MENT MAKE SURE U DONT LET OFF ON THE LIP.

Vampire2800
06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
LOL, I must agree with you JR3, he's my buddy, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'll try the suspension thing, that might just be what the problem is. I've notice that when I land, I'm not using nearly enough suspension. I'm trying it a little faster each time. By the way, the preloading thing seems to be helping a little, but not as much as I had planned. Thanks for all the help

csr250r
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
If you are leaning way back it should not be dropping the front end. I think like was stated before that you need to maintain more throttle when on the lip. Even if your suspension was jacked if you jumped correctly you should be able to level it off in the air.

400grl
06-07-2009, 12:10 PM
There are a few things that will send your front end down in the air....one is "blipping" the throttle on the lip....if you are kinda cruising up the jump face, and then you jab the throttle right at take-off, you will nose down. I do this on purpose for some jumps with steep landings...

Also, pretty obvious, but have to mention it - don't sit on your seat or put too much weight to the back of your quad on take-off - this will also pre-load your rear suspension and spring the backend up on take-off...

The best thing is to keep a steady throttle all the way through the jump, until all 4 wheels are off the ground - stay centered without putting a lot of weight on the back end, and you should be good to go...also, you want to be on the gas when you land, too - if you let off the gas in the air for too long, that will also drop your front end....

Vampire2800
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
AWESOME reply 400grl. Thanks to all