PDA

View Full Version : I am stupid....

BlazingYamahaYz
01-04-2003, 04:56 PM
ok i was being a dumb@$$ the other day, and was too lazy to mix my gas right...so i poured some unleaded into my yz's gas tank, then poured what i thought was an ok amount of oil...well now it wont start...i check the plug, covered in oil...clean it off, try again...still covered...my dad said that i need to take the tank off and empty it out and mix it right....what should i do??? next time i wont be so rushed and do it right....

Chef
01-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Drain the tank off and mix it right. What else would you do? Were you purposely trying to break something or what?

YamaWarr0121
01-04-2003, 05:05 PM
u dont need to take the tank completely off to drain it, just pull off the tube going to the gas thingy the thing that says On or Off
and it comes out that way, thats what me n my friend did on his yZ when we put injector oil mixing with instead of pre mix oil

bansheeguy77
01-04-2003, 07:35 PM
thats just stupid....your dad should kick your ***. it takes an extra 5 seconds to pour the oil in a ratio rite....

AtvMxRider
01-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Your right you are stupid!

BlazingYamahaYz
01-04-2003, 08:10 PM
ok thanks guys...i already established the fact that i am stupid...ask anyone:D i have that mix rite cup thing, but i was in a rush since there was like 10 more minutes of sunlight...next time i wont be so careless....ok so once i drain it from the tank, is there anywhere else i need to remove gas from(like in the carb?)...thanks....

AtvMxRider
01-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Yeah I would drain the carb also then you should be ok.

BlazingYamahaYz
01-04-2003, 08:28 PM
i feel like a newb again....how would i go about draining the carb? my manual doesnt really say how to drain the carb....any help...thanks guys....

R-Crazy
01-04-2003, 08:33 PM
pull the float bowl off (bottom of carb, looks like a square bowl) and clean it well w/ carb claner. then take the carb cleaner and clean out your jets and all that good stuff. it ya have some time on your hands, take off the intake book and clean the carb through there too.

dave

MxDale71
01-04-2003, 08:34 PM
You idiot.....

Haha, j/k. You live and learn right?

Taking a carb apart is probably the easiest thing to do. When I had my EX, I took mine apart every now and then just to make sure it was clean... only takes a few minutes on a bike... a little longer on a EX cause it's harder to get to.

EDIT: I guess I forgot to explain how to take it apart. Oh well, looks like Dave got it.

BlazingYamahaYz
01-04-2003, 08:36 PM
ok my manual says how to disassemble my carb...i just considered it to be a kinda long process..ok so basically i should take the carb entirely off and apart and clean it...thanks guys, i really appreciate this...

MxDale71
01-04-2003, 08:41 PM
It may take a little longer the first time, but once you become more familiar with the carb, it doesn't take but a few minutes. It's a good idea to know how to dissassemble and reassemble a carb. The knowledge may come in handy if you have to rejet sometime or if your bike/quad isn't running right and your carb is gummed up. Plus, it's something to mess with if your bored one day.

BlazingYamahaYz
01-04-2003, 08:56 PM
i am just worried about putting it back together....i have a clymer manual, and its pretty in depth about the dissasembly/reassembly, so hopefully i wont screw something up....i guess right now it can really do any harm, since it doesnt run now....

MxDale71
01-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Aw dude, it's really simple. Just make sure that if you take out the throttle cable, needle, and junk out, that you line up the groove the right way when you put it back together... the manual prolly explains it, I don't know the names of everything and I suck at explainin stuff to people w/o being able to show them. But you'll know what I'm talkin about when you take it apart. Trust me, you'll be glad you did it once you get everything done... just remember, there is nothing really expensive inside a carb, so if you lose a clip or the needle or something, it won't cost a lot to replace, and you can always find someone that can put it back together if you can't do it. But like I said, it's really simple, so don't worry about it.

bsb64
01-04-2003, 09:20 PM
DROP THE CLYMER MAMUAL AND MOVE AWAY FROM THE QUAD!

Just kidding, why don't you ask your dad to hang out with you while you pull the carb.

exriderdude
01-04-2003, 11:21 PM
you are so stupid..... why the heck are you riding a yamaha:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blah

VooDuu Child
01-04-2003, 11:59 PM
Sounds like someone needs a thumper;)

BlazingYamahaYz
01-05-2003, 08:28 AM
yea, i need to get this thing running again, and i plan on selling it this summer, and getting a 300ex or a warrior...i have pulled the carb on my old bike once, but completely forgot what i did...i think i can get it off the bike ok(After i take the seat, gas tank, and raditor shrouds off) but will have my dad kinda help me with the cleaning....one last question....i have to drain the gas from my tank, and its now worthless, so what should i do with it??? should i drain the gas into a milk jug, or glass bottle or something and take it somewhere? or just spill it into the ground:p :D

Guy400
01-05-2003, 08:57 AM
You may not have to remove the float bowl to drain the carb. There should be a small overflow tube coming from the very bottom of the carb. If there is, look for a small brass screw at the top of the line. This should open the overflow line and drain the carb. That was the case on my Raptor's Mikuni and on an old LT's Keihin. On my '87 LT's Mikuni there was about a 15mm drain plug in the very bottom of the bowl. Here's a pic of that drain plug on my '87 LT.

BlazingYamahaYz
01-05-2003, 11:55 AM
i took the carb off my yz, drained it...heres a pic of it completely taken apart....

BlazingYamahaYz
01-05-2003, 11:59 AM
i broke that big piece, and lost that other cap thats in the pic...supposed to hold the floats on:rolleyes:

flyin#5
01-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Just when you thought he couldnt get any dumber.......... he breaks the carb! lol wtf!

Rip_Tear
01-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Good luck with that... Why dont you buy a gas take that mixes it self? I see them all the time, you just put the oil in one side and gas in the other then you do something and it mixes. I don't know exactly how it works because I dont run any 2strokes.

MxDale71
01-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Dang... uh dude, when I said take it apart and clean it out, I didn't necessarily mean take every little peice off of it. How'd you manage to break your ***** like that?

phatswinn
01-05-2003, 05:49 PM
moron you broke your float ahahahahaha

bsb64
01-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Het Blazinyamma hang tough. S1ht happens when you are just learning. Just get a new float and chalk it up to experience. Stick with it man.

BlazingYamahaYz
01-05-2003, 08:28 PM
nah, i didnt break the floats...at least my manual claims that the black things are the floats...i broke the "needle jet cover"....and i lost the caps to hold the floats on($3.40 for the 2 of them, tiny arse little things)....i inventoried everything thing else, and i know how everything goes back together, just have to get those pieces soon....snow is sooo tempting right now:D

EricB
01-06-2003, 08:18 PM
i'm not gonna call you stupid or anything, but a 2 stroke carb is pretty simple. you might want to let your pops do most of the wrenchin' while you watch for a while. personaly i wasn't very mechanicly enclined when i was younger. i just watched my dad and uncles all the time. then started helping and asking what did what and why this looked like this. your just going to end up pissing off your old man if you keep breaking stuff like this, well at least my dad would. no reason for ignorance like that hehe, but you still got the rest of your life to learn why 2 strokes have less rings and why you put premix in them hehe.

87Warrior
01-09-2003, 07:26 PM
this kid in my town had a yz125, now has a crf450, somehow, someway, he ran an entire gas tank of straight gas through it and nothing happened to it. i'd say better less oil than more b/c at least with less it will start:rolleyes:

BlazingYamahaYz
01-09-2003, 08:25 PM
i am still trying to find the needle jet cover for my bike...only one person(experienced motorcycle/atv repair d00d, that i trust) he has a parts carb like mine, but isnt sure if he has that part...he says that i dont need the caps, their only there in case you take the floats off when the carbs on the bike.....

joeroadking
01-10-2003, 07:12 AM
STOP NOW!!!!...... WHAT ARE YOU DOING? ALL YOU NEEDED TO DO WAS REMOVE THE FUEL LINE FROM THE PETCOCK(EASY BOYS THATS JUST THE FUEL SHUTOFF) AND DRAIN THE FUEL,NOW LEAN THE BIKE ON ITS SIDE AND THE SMALL AMOUNT OF FUEL IN THE FLOAT BOAL WILL EMPTY, PUT A NEW SPARK PLUG IN , AND USE THE RATIO CUP TO PREMIX YOUR FUEL.32:1 USE YAMALUBE, THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO DIG INTO THE CARB AND DAMAGE IT MORE PUT THE TOOLS DOWN CALL OR GO TO THE WEB SITE YAMAHA OF TROY AND ORDER THE PARTS YOU ALREADY BROKE. I RECOMEND HAVING THE OLE MAN HELP YOU REASSEMBLE, OR SPEND THE $50.00 AT A SHOP TO HAVE IT REASSEMBLED BEFORE YOU DESTROY IT! :ALSO PUT THE GAS ,IN A GAS CAN ONLY NO OTHER CONTAINER IS ACCEPTABLE! :confused:

joeroadking
01-10-2003, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 87Warrior
[B]this kid in my town had a yz125, now has a crf450, somehow, someway, he ran an entire gas tank of straight gas through it and nothing happened to it. i'd say better less oil than more b/c at least with less it will start:rolleyes: WTF? MIX IT AT 32:1 YOU AND THAT KID SHOULD STOP SNIFING GLUE! THAT IS THE WORST ADVICE I HAVE EVER READ ON THIS FORUM !:huh :huh :huh

87Warrior
01-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by joeroadking
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 87Warrior
[B]this kid in my town had a yz125, now has a crf450, somehow, someway, he ran an entire gas tank of straight gas through it and nothing happened to it. i'd say better less oil than more b/c at least with less it will start:rolleyes: WTF? MIX IT AT 32:1 YOU AND THAT KID SHOULD STOP SNIFING GLUE! THAT IS THE WORST ADVICE I HAVE EVER READ ON THIS FORUM !:huh :huh :huh

that not what i ment, i know people who run 40:1 on their RM125s and he races at atco. cr gas should be 20:1, thats 7 ozs of oil!! F that, people mix it 32:1 and its fine. and less oil in the winter, more in the summer, i heard that somewhere

also, i wasn't saying not to mix it at all, just that this kid ran a whole tank of regular gas through his yz and it didn't blow up.
people have blown up their 400ex like that around me, they break them so much, 0W-nothing, 10W-camshaveings, or my warrior's 10W-Screw. the list goes on...

BlazingYamahaYz
01-10-2003, 02:58 PM
its too late to tell me to stop...i just need to get one new part, and after that, replace the plug, and get new gasand oil and mix it the RIGHT way this time...i know how the carb goes back together, so there is no worries there....what mix of gas should i use?

joeroadking
01-10-2003, 03:48 PM
32:1 ratio gas to yamalube premix

phatswinn
01-10-2003, 09:15 PM
yamalube and golden spectro are my favorites

lil400exman
01-17-2003, 08:01 AM
just wondering on my 250r it says i should run 20:1 minture on premuim pump can i run 32:1 synthetic premix oil?