PDA

View Full Version : Cam decision help, please!

muad
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm going to get a hotcam, just not sure if I should go with stage 1 or 2??

I mainly plain on trail riding, with the ocasional MX. I also just fart around alot, riding wheelies :)

On my car, I went with the mid level cams, then ended up jumping up the largest before long. I don't want to do this again on my quad.

So, which do you all think would fit my needs best? If you have another brand in mind, I'm all ears.

Also, how does this sound for a future mod list?

Cam
450r carb
sparks 6+ key
sparks cdi
EDIT: EHS Lid
Current mods are in my sig

Thanks!

-Will

:D

matt14c
06-03-2009, 09:31 PM
If you dont plan on boring I would go with stage 1. That mod list looks good though. With all those things and your current mods you would have yourself a VERY nice trail, wheelie, and fart around bike! Not to mention Honda reliability.

I see your in NW Ohio. Where do you ride at?

muad
06-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
If you dont plan on boring I would go with stage 1. That mod list looks good though. With all those things and your current mods you would have yourself a VERY nice trail, wheelie, and fart around bike! Not to mention Honda reliability.

I see your in NW Ohio. Where do you ride at?

Just around our area. My father-in-law has 5 acres of woods, another firend has an 8 acre field. I'm actually looking for a better place to ride. I've heard of a place called TNI or something in Toledo. This summer I plan on taking a trip down south by mohican ohio where I heard they have an awesome camp ground for 4 wheelers and 4x4 trucks.

Are you far from TOL?

honda400ex2003
06-03-2009, 09:47 PM
i like my stage 1 that i have for the trails. steve

matt14c
06-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by muad
Just around our area. My father-in-law has 5 acres of woods, another firend has an 8 acre field. I'm actually looking for a better place to ride. I've heard of a place called TNI or something in Toledo. This summer I plan on taking a trip down south by mohican ohio where I heard they have an awesome camp ground for 4 wheelers and 4x4 trucks.

Are you far from TOL?

Im about 25 min. from Toledo. I have never heard of TNI. The only place I know of is the Maumee state forest in swanton, OH. I used to go there all time its only like 6-7miles but its really wide and nice wide open. Its like a 5 mile stretch of rythem section. If your looking for MX I love log road if you jump on the turnpike its about an hour and a half away.

ae13291
06-04-2009, 01:44 AM
dont even think about a stage 2 cam

2muchquad
06-04-2009, 12:08 PM
dont even think about a stage 2 cam

why not? i have a stage 2 in mine and i love it,its a pretty good all around performer imo.I trail ride and mx practice and a lot of hill shooting.Im also 215lbs.mine has a high comp piston,exhaust ported head and a fcr carb,its still the STOCK bore.So why not the stage 2?Any experience with it or just hearsay?:ermm:

ae13291
06-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
why not? i have a stage 2 in mine and i love it,its a pretty good all around performer imo.I trail ride and mx practice and a lot of hill shooting.Im also 215lbs.mine has a high comp piston,exhaust ported head and a fcr carb,its still the STOCK bore.So why not the stage 2?Any experience with it or just hearsay?:ermm:

ok if you have higher compression that is fine, but stock motor untouched and a stage 2 will give you less performance then a stage 1.