PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket???????

Jdev3407
06-03-2009, 03:34 PM
i have an 05 400ex and i was wondering what lil stuff can be done to make it snappier in the trails but not lose in top speed to all the 450's and z 400's i know i wont beat them but what would help i was thinking a 13 tooth front sprocket and a rev box to add some revs for top end and the 13 tooth will gibve it more torque????? what else please

matt14c
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
At the bottom of the main 400ex page where you added this post do a search for free stuff or free mods. If you do all of those things it will help alot. Also look into a Curtis Sparks timing advance key. Its like $20 and will give you exactly what your looking for. Other than that you will need to spend some good change. Then you could go 450r carb, slip on, aftermarket air filter, rejet, cam, and the list goes on as long as your bank account does!!! :devil:

ae13291
06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
hotcam stage 1 cam and slip on and sparks timing key and a K&N is the best combo

Snipe
06-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
At the bottom of the main 400ex page where you added this post do a search for free stuff or free mods. If you do all of those things it will help alot. Also look into a Curtis Sparks timing advance key. Its like $20 and will give you exactly what your looking for. Other than that you will need to spend some good change. Then you could go 450r carb, slip on, aftermarket air filter, rejet, cam, and the list goes on as long as your bank account does!!! :devil:

Not picking on you impaticular so please dont take this personally, Im gonna pick on the $20 sparks key lol. Yeah its $20 plus $9 shipping and then ya have to have a left side clutch cover gasket that is $16.14 from the dealer or $10 and $9 shipping from service honda. So please everyone its not that cheap lol it costs a bit more but its all good lol.

Going to a 13T will loose top end speed.

ae13291
06-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Snipe
Not picking on you impaticular so please dont take this personally, Im gonna pick on the $20 sparks key lol. Yeah its $20 plus $9 shipping and then ya have to have a left side clutch cover gasket that is $16.14 from the dealer or $10 and $9 shipping from service honda. So please everyone its not that cheap lol it costs a bit more but its all good lol.

Going to a 13T will loose top end speed.

lol i know i got tricked from that too, i payed like 25 bucks for the key shipped to my house then i paid 22 bucks for a side case gasket then another 5 bucks for a starter cover gasket, i think it was still worth it tho