PDA

View Full Version : riding and unity

honda250
01-04-2003, 04:10 PM
I was readin a post on BT this morning and they made a very good point.
..................... exriders and bluetraxx bash back and forth soo much and people get down right nasty about whose quad is faster. Reality is there will always be somthin faster. Ex was fast then we got the rap and the z then now the predator and kfx. PErsonally i didnt buy a raptor because it was the fastest thing i bought it because what fit my needs.
......... It all adds up to the qustion of why do we ride our various veihcles? Do we because we enjoy it and want to have fun with friends or do we get too wrapped up in brand bashing?
I reralize some of you might nt agree but thats just my 2cents

02 Red Rider
01-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Very good point.:D

Jason

roostin_dale
01-04-2003, 05:46 PM
quad doent matter man.....some people cant afford nicer quads and thats not their fault. its 95% rider and 5% quad. All that matters is that your having fun and making memories.
I mean, a guy on a blaster could beat a guy on a predator. Some guys buy pimped quads to make them look cool, not ride better. It actualy all depends on riders(most of it) ability and skill.;)

I hope everyone agrees with me.

AtvMxRider
01-04-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 02 Red Rider
Very good point.:D

Jason

I second that!

Fender Bender
01-04-2003, 06:29 PM
I agree, but whats the matter with a little rivalry, if there wasnt, then they would have no reason to upgrade the quads;)

02 Red Rider
01-04-2003, 06:50 PM
I don't see anything wrong with a little friendly rivalry, but it seems like it gets out of hand alot.

01-04-2003, 06:52 PM
try 70% rider and 30% quad. I hope your not talking about all riding too becuase a 15 yr. old can jmup on the fastest bike in the world and beat the best of the best with there quad. I'd say 70% and 30% in other cases like drag maybe it's more quad then rider and something like mx or gncc its mroe rider then quad.

killed300ex
01-04-2003, 08:19 PM
i personaly love the rivalry. I mean what fun would it be if you went out with a bunch of freinds are werent able to rib them when there yamaha breaks down but then when urs breaks down or gets stuck he gives it right back. I find nothing wrong with it and if there wasnt that then i dont think riding would be as much fun lol jmho
killed

EricB
01-04-2003, 11:13 PM
yeah, i've had a ton more problems with my fugin honda than any of my friend's with she's have had. it's just piss poor luck for me, but thats what happens to anything cool i buy. no matter how good i care for it. it's just my luck haha. rivalry is great though, i always give people crap about another brand, other than what i have. when it breaks or malfunctions. just because, no reason, just rivalry and pride in what i own. but not with everything hehe. just stuff like quads, and vehicles, oh computers too. nothing like a good AMD vs Intel bicker. most old dudes hate AMDs because all they ever used was K62s and we all know those were the most unstable x86 platform ever...ever specialy paired with the ever popular ALI chipset hah...crap now you all know i'm a computer geek too, fek. oh well, what ever pays the bills eh? nah hehe i like computers, might as well take advantage of what your good at though right?

roostin_dale
01-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by EricB
yeah, i've had a ton more problems with my fugin honda than any of my friend's with she's have had. it's just piss poor luck for me, but thats what happens to anything cool i buy. no matter how good i care for it. it's just my luck haha.

Same for me...my friend has an 88 warrior that hasnt broke in years. I bought a 96 and everything was wrong with it.....after about $1,000 i managed to rebuild the engine and get her running good.