PDA

View Full Version : had to put our dog down

JJs450r
06-03-2009, 07:31 AM
well yestarday around 8 he had 23 seizure within a hour and half, and the doctor tried giving him sedatives to help calm him down and bring him back down, but the damage was already set in so my fiance had to put her dog down :(

r.i.p. Denali aka ali aka fat man aka big black

Pappy
06-03-2009, 07:35 AM
:(

scuzz
06-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Sorry man, it's a really really hard thing to do.

bigd's ex
06-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Sorry to hear about Denali . Are you going to get her another puppy? I think that would cheer her up.

powermadd400ex
06-03-2009, 08:51 AM
sorry to hear it man :(

kawabunga
06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Sorry man, it's really hard putting a pet down.:(

quad2xtreme
06-03-2009, 09:32 AM
sorry to hear it Jeremy.

I am going to stop reading your posts...nothing but bad news of late. Hopefully things start on the upswing soon.

dehner47
06-03-2009, 09:32 AM
damn bro. that really blows. i feel your pain. my dogs are like my kids. couldn't imagine having to make that decision. you guys keep your heads up and remember the good times and how happy denali made you both. and just like when people leave us, he will be with you guys in spirit.

JJs450r
06-03-2009, 10:14 AM
thanks everyone, ya seems like bad news is all we've had lately

im not sure if she wants another dog right now her birthday is in a couple weeks so idk, my pit bull is completely miserable he's the one that let me know ali was having a seizure it just sucked cus they wouldnt stop happening :(

bigd's ex
06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Sounds like Ali needs another friend too. :)

06-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I feel your pain dude.. if anyone remembers last July I believe, I had to put my boxer done. Worst thing ive ever experienced..:(

Quad18star
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet ... it's a day I dreaded with our cocker spaniel , and it's a day I dread will come with my lab when it's his turn to go.

If I can suggest one thing ... don't get another dog for your fiance for her birthday .... give her time to grieve and I'm sure when she's ready for another dog she'll let you know.

416exfreak
06-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by bigd's ex

If you meant that in the way I think you did, then you are quite possibly THE biggest peice of **** I have ever come across on this forum.

The man's fiance lost her dog and from the way I perceived your comment, your saying he needs to have his put to sleep too?

Let me guess, its because the dog is a "vicious killer attack pitbull"?

Go play in traffic you ****ing douche bag.:grr:

06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
If you meant that in the way I think you did, then you are quite possibly THE biggest peice of **** I have ever come across on this forum.

The man's fiance lost her dog and from the way I perceived your comment, your saying he needs to have his put to sleep too?

Let me guess, its because the dog is a "vicious killer attack pitbull"?

Go play in traffic you ****ing douche bag.:grr:

Im not 100% sure, but I believe he meant to say the pitbull that told him needs another friend. As in another dog to play with him.

JForestZ34
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM
:( That sucks big time.. I'm so sorry to hear this...

James

907Rider
06-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear about you loss.:(

JJs450r
06-04-2009, 07:05 AM

F*ck you heartless F*cking b@stard hope you rot in hell

JJs450r
06-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Im not 100% sure, but I believe he meant to say the pitbull that told him needs another friend. As in another dog to play with him.

i dont think theres any way this assface could of made a mistake its clear in my first post and a couple other saying rip ali

06-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Dang man thats a bummer :(

06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
i dont think theres any way this assface could of made a mistake its clear in my first post and a couple other saying rip ali

Ok. I'm not defending him in anyway, just throwing it out there.

In that case then he is a heartless horse's ***

631kfx400
06-04-2009, 01:37 PM
:( :(

KevinAb
06-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Sorry to hear about Denali . Are you going to get her another puppy? I think that would cheer her up.

3rd reply in the thread-

Jesus people, if you read his above post you'd find he's not a douchebag. QUIT F-ing lynching the guy cause he mis-spoke on a forum.

BTW, sorry about your dog. Within the last year we had to put down our 16yo english setter and 14yo lab we've had since pups.

Quad18star
06-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I think "bigd's ex" thought that "JJs450r" fiancee was named Ali ... from what I gather from his post. I think that's why he said Ali needs another friend... implying that JJs fiancee needs another friend aka another dog.

That's just my take on it.

06-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by KevinAb
3rd reply in the thread-

Jesus people, if you read his above post you'd find he's not a douchebag. QUIT F-ing lynching the guy cause he mis-spoke on a forum.

BTW, sorry about your dog. Within the last year we had to put down our 16yo english setter and 14yo lab we've had since pups.

HAH I KNEW IT! lol. I said that first, i gave him credit. lol

buck440
06-04-2009, 07:50 PM
i remember when mine was a puppy you could easily pick him up and he was the best:).........12 years later he barks all night and causes many complaints with the neighbors, i can't wait for him to croak yet at the same time i want him to live as long as i do:ermm: australian/german shepherd mix, sorry about the dog.

JJs450r
06-04-2009, 08:47 PM
ya thats my bad, i guess being up set i didnt take time to go over it sorry

bigd's ex
06-04-2009, 09:46 PM
F*ck you heartless F*cking b@stard hope you rot in hell

JJ,

When I posted Ali needed a new friend, I thought Ali was your dog that found your fiancee's dog. I did'nt realize that Ali was your girls dog. I said that meaning your dog would be lonely now & need a new friend. I'm really sorry for the mix up. We have a Lab that I would die for. I think about the day we might have to put him down & it sucks.

JJs450r
06-05-2009, 06:53 AM
ya a couple people figured that out for me on the other page and again i apologize i just got caught up in the hurt of losing a dog and didnt take time to read over all your post

KevinAb
06-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Black lab, right? I think that will be our next dog. Usually they are pretty intelligent, loyal, with a good temperment.

We went from having 4 dogs about 4 years ago, now down to none. We had 2 old golden retrievers we took in from a rescue group. They were both 12+ with a lot of health issues when we took them in, gave them a good last few years.

Then as I mentioned above, we had our setter and lab pass recently. So, no more dogs. The house seems kinda empty now.

Putting each of them down always sucked, too. They were all family.

I dig the labs though. The setter was always pretty high strung, acted like a puppy until he was 10, then finally slowed down a bit. Him and the 2 goldens just shedded constantly too though. Too much hair. We may get a lab pup sometime soon.

bigd's ex
06-05-2009, 07:48 AM
ya a couple people figured that out for me on the other page and again i apologize i just got caught up in the hurt of losing a dog and didnt take time to read over all your post

I "Understand" :macho

JJs450r
06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I "Understand" :macho

ya he was a lab and he shed just as bad as a golden retriever theres still a ton of his black hair all over the place

i asked her if she wanted a nother dog for her birthday and she said no not right now but i think when the time is right she would want a bulldog