PDA

View Full Version : need a new cell phone

BakerRacing40
06-03-2009, 06:26 AM
ya its time for another new phone and i don't know what to get. so i was wondering what good ones people have found and what to stay away from. i text a lot, camera quality needs to be good video and pics, would like an actual music player in it, and i have at&t for service. i've never had good luck with LG phones, i'm kinda rough on phones. i was looking at the i touch but everybody says stay away from them?

mysticfalcon
06-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Ive had very good luck with my samsung eternity. Good tune player good keyboard for texting. I like it a lot

54warrior
06-03-2009, 06:46 AM
I just got a new Samsung Alias 2 and love it.

S.A.J
06-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Samsung's are good phones,so are motorolas,ive got a samsung delve now and its been treating me pretty good,sometimes doesnt keep up with me and lags behind but that only ocasional...them touch's seem to be a nice phone,my buddy has one and he seems to like it anyway plus i doubt you'll ever find a perfect phone.If i were you id get an I-phone i love them things

XCRacer236
06-03-2009, 07:23 AM
blackberry bold. that phone is aboslutely amazing! im waiting for the CDMA version to come out on Verizon.

ridered11
06-03-2009, 09:25 AM
http://blogs.computerworld.com/sites/default/themes/cw_blogs/cache/files/u125/casio-gzone-boulder-verizon.jpg
Mine

Water proof up to 1 meter for 30min....all around bad *** phone.

mittman
06-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ridered11
http://blogs.computerworld.com/sites/default/themes/cw_blogs/cache/files/u125/casio-gzone-boulder-verizon.jpg
Mine

Water proof up to 1 meter for 30min....all around bad *** phone.

Yeah those phones are bad a** just got one yesterday and I love it. I had the first style that came out and it was beat pretty good and mon I dropped it in the hot tub and shortly after it quit. It was only in there for 5sec at most but I have taken a vid under water in my pool a couple of times and never did anything must of been the 108 degree water that killed it.

03pete
06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
I get nothing but LG everything. they are simply the best imo. I have a voyager and I love it, but I dont think att has it.

Sjorge450R
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
BLACKBERRY!!!! there is nothing better. Dont let people fool you and tell you that you NEED to have a data plan with it cause you dont. I have a Pearl that I got back in March and I am loving it. Its so convenient and simple. Its great. plus its small. BTW, i dont have a data plan.

scuzz
06-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
BLACKBERRY!!!! there is nothing better. Dont let people fool you and tell you that you NEED to have a data plan with it cause you dont. I have a Pearl that I got back in March and I am loving it. Its so convenient and simple. Its great. plus its small.

If you use any off the GPS and data features you'll incur fees over a certain MB. (well for Sprint anyways)

I too love my blackberry. I've had one since 2005 and they're great for the line of work that I do. I just got my wife one too.

Balaz_73*00
06-03-2010, 12:26 PM
If you decide you'd like a blackberry bold, i'll be selling mine with accessories in a couple weeks. PM if you are interested for more details.

mineralgrey01gt
06-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
BLACKBERRY!!!! there is nothing better. Dont let people fool you and tell you that you NEED to have a data plan with it cause you dont. I have a Pearl that I got back in March and I am loving it. Its so convenient and simple. Its great. plus its small. BTW, i dont have a data plan.

idk who you use but i use at&t and you definitely have to have a data plan to use the phone to its full potential

dpizz450
06-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R

I hate to say it, but an Iphone is a whole lot better then any blackberry. I had multiple blackberrys and they were all pieces of CRAP! Everyone of them broke on me. I think i had 4 of them in one year. They will start to lag and need the battery pulled on them all the time. I have not had a single problem out my Iphone in the 8 months i've had it.

400grl
06-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Blackberry CURVE - I have had all kinds of phones, and this one is by far my favorite. I have dropped it more times than I can count - I race off-road with it in the pocket of my driver's suit - it is always getting dirty and dusty, and it still keeps working!

The new Curve models have a sensor pad instead of a rollyball now, too - great feature. Plus, it's NOT a touch screen.....that, for me, is a huge bonus! Touch screens are cool, but I would destroy one within the week if I bought one.

I love texting on the Curve - fully Querty keyboard AND you can do it with one hand if you need to - bonus!

Good luck with whatever you get!

juice420
06-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Wait for the Evo 4G to come out on Sprint- June 11th.

ben300
06-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Get a droid and never look back...

aDviSol2y
06-03-2010, 02:06 PM
It's funny how people don't even pay attention to the fact that you have at&t. Get an Iphone in the next few days. Reason, they are discontinuing the unlimited data plans. It happens in the next week. People who have the unlimited plans are granfathered in.

k4f5x0r
06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
It's funny how people don't even pay attention to the fact that you have at&t. Get an Iphone in the next few days. Reason, they are discontinuing the unlimited data plans. It happens in the next week. People who have the unlimited plans are granfathered in.

+1. but that plan could save you money. The new plan is $25 for 2GB a month of data. Thats ALOT of data to use in a month.

Scro
06-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 03pete
I get nothing but LG everything. they are simply the best imo. I have a voyager and I love it, but I dont think att has it.

My chocolate(s) I had were junk. Had to have it replaced three times, and still gave me trouble from time to time. I'm on my second Samsung in 4 years, and haven't had the first issue.

fastredrider44
06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I used to be diehard motorola, but I got the Samsung Solstice free upgrade and have been pretty impressed with how well it works, especially not being a high dollar phone.

Canadian144
06-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I have had bad experiences with Samsung, LG, and Motorola.... the only phones I like a Sony Ericssons, Nokia N-series, and Blackberrys (blackberries?).

Right now I have a Bold 9000.... I really like it. I have a $15/month unlimited IM and social networking plan, so I use BBM and facebook a lot.

06-03-2010, 03:34 PM
My Samsung Eternity was a good phone but the touch doesn't like to work unless you have nails... Works great for my girlfriend, but you have to pound on it for your fingers to make it work.

iPhone is what I use now. Won't ever buy another phone.

mineralgrey01gt
06-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
+1. but that plan could save you money. The new plan is $25 for 2GB a month of data. Thats ALOT of data to use in a month.

ive had my 3g since February and only used 3.91gb total since then. It would probably save me money but im not worried about just $5 a month

CJM
06-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I still am using an old verizon branded motorola whatever it is. Its 4 years old and I REFUSE to get a new phone till they make them just phones again.

Verizon doesnt carry anything I like besides the g-zone and apparently it sucks. I dont want internet, qwerty keyboards, touchpads and such. If I had one it would no doubt get destroyed..

Simpler the phone longer and better it lasts.

tayyo789
06-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Ive had my Motorola Razor for 5 years, still going strong :macho

Aarons 01 400EX
06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I have a blackberry storm gen 1 and I'm on my second after the lag time got to the point where all i got was a white screen and a little clock hand going around in a circle. The second one works better but it has its moments were I wants to smash it into the concrete and take it in to verizon for a new phone.

Why do you not have to have a data plan Sjorge450r?

Fear250r
06-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Anybody have the Motorola Droid or HTC Incredible? I just got the LG EnV Touch and can't stand the damn thing. Then I found out you need to have a "smartPhone" to click on links in your email?? Never thought I'd say this, but I already miss Sprint.

Anyway, I'm getting rid of this touch and thinking of those two, any help in deciding would be great. Thanks

Pipeless416
06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
i just got a samsung impression from AT&T and so far i love it. however, it feels like i need a satchel to carry it in. i love having a full slide out keyboard.