PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship Notice

Ben
01-04-2003, 03:53 PM
Well guys, due to circumstances beyond EXriders.com's control, the Quadshop is not going to be our primary sponsor any longer. We have parted on a positive note but this change is the best for EXriders.com and the guests and members as well. I wish them luck in all their future endevours :) I am sure Jeff will still be on here cracking it up with all of us!

On another note, there are a couple new reviews almost finished on some very trick parts and there is a Stolen Quads section in the works! Other exciting updates in the coming weeks as well! :D

Ben

optikid123
01-04-2003, 04:03 PM
are we gettin a new one??

mrusk
01-04-2003, 04:07 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: So who is going to step up to the plate and sponser the site now?

matt

Fred55
01-04-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
:mad: :mad: :mad: So who is going to step up to the plate and sponser the site now?

matt

Hopefully somebody like HONDA! lol

AtvMxRider
01-04-2003, 04:24 PM
What happened? why did they leave?

mrusk
01-04-2003, 04:47 PM
After all the bussiness they got from us they proably retired and moved to hawaii or soemthing! jk but them sponsering the website had to be the best business move they ever made.

matt

02 Red Rider
01-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Just a suggestion. Could you make this a "sticky" Ben? Just think it will be seen by more people that way.

Jason

Fender Bender
01-04-2003, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty sure it is a sticky, Later/Alex

Pappy
01-04-2003, 04:56 PM
well, i can only relay is what i know. this was a business decision and nothing more. the site is headed in new directions and a change was made. the finacial status of the site is intact and will not be affected. the owner of the site and the quadshop parted on good terms with no bad blood.

as far as who will be the next main sponsor? possible no one main company. as of now the site will be run without a titled sponsor. i have discussed this in depth with ben this evening and i am fully confident in his ability to steer the site on a new course. i have not spoke to the quadshop....and truthfully its none of my business. i know that them fellas will continue to grow and be extremely successful in thier endeavors.

this will not have an impact on the day to day business done at this site. please dont read into these happenings as anything other then a simple change.

please continue to support the quadshop as i feel they have alot to offer the members here. i am still friends with all of them and will continue supporting them in any way i can.

this site has grown and continues to grow at an amazing pace. with so many companies offering products and services it may be a wise decision and end up helping the site in the future. i have given my advice to ben and a new plan for the site is in development. i can assure you that ben is not interested in the monies that this site could generate, he is more concerned about the integrity and value brought to the members and in that regard will be making changes along the way.

i ask that the members continue to support the site in a positive way and to help continue it's growth. i will do all i can to help ben and fully support this decision.

02 Red Rider
01-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Sorry, My Bad. It's a sticky in the "Open Forum". I don't spend a lot of time there. Thanks!

Jason

Derek
01-04-2003, 05:06 PM
so ummmmmmmm im guessing no more discount:(

roostin_dale
01-04-2003, 05:20 PM
dang:( no more discount..i was planning on buying a few things

Sparks425Ex
01-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Either Way. Everyone should still support the Quad Shop. They are all great guys. I have become friends with those guys. Marty and Jeff are just about the most helpful and customer service oriented Shop around. They went way beyond their call of duty for exriders. Weather it be discounts, or becoming friends with so many people on here. I will still do most if not all of my business through them. Just because there is no discount I really don't care. Thet are by far the best "Quad Shop" I have ever dealt with.

My thanks goes out to Marty and Jeff for everything they have done.

01-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Who will be the enxt one or wont there be another? as an idea maybe you can make a logo for your store and put it up there as a link so maybe more people will notice it? just an idea

01-04-2003, 06:23 PM
I'm almost 100% sure the Quadshop will still be giving the same great prices and service to Exrider members today as in the past..

So don't think they dropped off the face of the earth..if you need any parts at a good price,,call em up..
;)

Also give Ben Support for his efforts in keeping the page alive..:)

Derek
01-04-2003, 06:27 PM
sweet:D

Razorback
01-04-2003, 06:35 PM
There will be other sponsors, so don't worry about that. Membership has its privileges :)

Pappy pretty much said everything that needs to be said (nicely done!) In the real world, decisions and changes are made. If there's one constant in the business world, it's change.

Pappy made mention of this, but I will second it. Ben is not doing things to make money. I can guarantee that Ben has invested more time and money in this site than most of you can imagine. Ben's passion for this site is oriented toward one goal: making this site the best and most informative quad site for YOU, the quad riding public.

Please continue to support him and the site.

Mxbubs
01-04-2003, 06:50 PM
arensbros.com...where are you??:)

Quadracer5
01-04-2003, 07:03 PM
I see that they are still sponsoring Bluetraxx. Oh well, Ben, your doing a great job. And thanks moderators for keeping the forums under control.

Kyle

AlaskaSpeed
01-04-2003, 10:16 PM
not a thing wrong with running a business.....Even though I didn't pick Ben as EXR member of the year.....he is still doing a fine job..............:D

Castor-426ex
01-04-2003, 10:56 PM
with my male prostitution at its peak...i could pitch in a lil :D

AlaskaSpeed
01-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
with my male prostitution at its peak...i could pitch in a lil :D

:huh .....I heard that you took a second knob...I mean, job....:D

Castor-426ex
01-05-2003, 12:07 AM
lmfao...

"knob" dont talk about my growth like that Jim

LMGDAO

:D

Striker49
01-05-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
lmfao...

"knob" dont talk about my growth like that Jim

LMGDAO

:D

Could this be a come back tour? ;)

Crazy Honda
01-05-2003, 03:57 AM
I dont know why??:mad:

Predator36
01-05-2003, 05:42 AM
Ben - Could you please post here what the rates are for site sponsorships and all the options that are available. Or let me know where on this site the rates are.

Knight440
01-05-2003, 06:14 AM
:(

Ben will they still be site sponsors over at CannondaleRiders?

Ben
01-05-2003, 06:18 AM
Knight - yes they will be over at CannondaleRiders until July. We have a contract until then for CannondaleRiders and I always honor a contract.

Ben

4punksdad
01-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Well.........business is business. I wish the best to both parties in this transaction. Hopefully a new sponsor will step up to the plate soon so ben doesn't have to get a job working for castor!

Quadfather
01-05-2003, 08:38 AM
Lately a lot of "bigger" manufacturers of aftermarket parts have been chiming in on these forums. Not to mention LSR coming on and kissing some major booty. I wonder if this has something to do with it?

Anyone wanna take a side bet?

This is easily the best ATV forum I've seen. I rarely even visit the others anymore.

DGR Designs
01-05-2003, 08:38 AM
oh on the better side of things. im workin on a banner for masondixonracing.com!
~Dave

Pappy
01-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather

Anyone wanna take a side bet?

lmao....no

actually now that this has happened....it will be interesting as to how many ...not who jump in and want to be part of the site:eek:

imagine maybe 4 or 5 equal sponsors all bidding for your business;)

Quadfather
01-05-2003, 08:52 AM
So, if I'm right, this guy comes here from LSR, starts telling members he will now take care of their sub par products that have failed, although when the members originally tried to get restitution, they were told tough break. So they had a hidden agenda, knowing we knew nothing about their possible future sponsorship of this site.

And now they want us to sit back, and say, "man, these people really take care of their customers"

That, my friends, is not the way to do business.

I am now ten times less inclined to do business with them than I was before. Members should take notice of companies like this.

Pappy
01-05-2003, 09:01 AM
i was thinking along those same lines:) i was refering to taking a side bet.....side bets always cost me money:mad: :blah

the way i see it....its not fair to have ONE main sponsor. it limits the commercial sales to one company. we as consumers have a myriad of products available from a large number of retailers. lately it seems that if someone request info on a product....they get equal praise and negative responce. thats the good part. the bad part is when personal OPINION not facts get in the way. it makes an arguement...period. if the right manufactures/retailers are selected....ones that are willing to sell thier products at a resonable price, take care of thier customers in an honest fashion....and not get into a "my product is better then yours" fight everytime another company or product is mentioned.....i think it could be a great benefit to the site.

i wouldnt want to pay to be the main sponsor of this or any site....only to have my competition thrown in my face every post. with an equal field for sponsors to not only show us thier products but also thier customer service. this shouldnt be a site for companies to bash each other....they should come here to show and prove why they should be #1 in a professional manner.

Rip_Tear
01-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Hmmm... Well keep up the good work Ben! (sorry about that peron last night, my mail box was full of that person replying to threads) I hope everything works out! That is odd Jeff...:confused: I am confused

Quadfather
01-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Pappy,

I agree with your post 100%.

I know that Marcum's ATV still gets their share of business from the time that they were a sponsor, although I quit doing business with them becvause of their less than stellar performance on customer relations. And I'm sure The Quadshops name will still appear quite frequently when a member asks where to go for this or that.

I just thought it was odd that LSR appeared all of a sudden, with this huge change of heart when it came to backing their faulty parts, and now we learn that they MIGHT be a new sponsor. Maybe I will visit all of the other ATV Forums, and let people know that if they have any broken LSR products laying around, to contact Ben, and he will gladly replace them, with a huge smile on his face.

cdalejef
01-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Everyone gets the same discount as always!:cool:

Knight440
01-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Everyone gets the same discount as always!:cool: :cool:

AlaskaSpeed
01-05-2003, 11:16 AM
Pappy,

I agree with your post 100%.

I know that Marcum's ATV still gets their share of business from the time that they were a sponsor, although I quit doing business with them becvause of their less than stellar performance on customer relations. And I'm sure The Quadshops name will still appear quite frequently when a member asks where to go for this or that.

I just thought it was odd that LSR appeared all of a sudden, with this huge change of heart when it came to backing their faulty parts, and now we learn that they MIGHT be a new sponsor. Maybe I will visit all of the other ATV Forums, and let people know that if they have any broken LSR products laying around, to contact Ben, and he will gladly replace them, with a huge smile on his face.

Enough with the drama....lol.....I have no ties to LSR, but you seem to have some real issues with them. If I was as unhappy as you seem to be I would get resolution and stop with the petty badmouthing of them on internet forums. :confused:

Ben
01-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Quadfather - I assure you that there is no hidden agenda nor have I been contacted by any of these manufacturers that have been visiting the site lately. LSR has never once sent me an email or contacted me in any way, so I don't quite follow where you are coming from. :confused: I promise you they will never be a sponsor! You can take that to the bank. :) The only manufacturer that I have ever talked with is Arens Brothers, a company with a great reputation who been on here for months now seeking user input on their new products, who is going to help out with our upcoming Project 400ex this spring, but that has been scheduled for a couple months now! :cool: Any company interested in sponsoring EXriders must have a sterling customer service record, both on here and before they came here, and be able to offer you guys a great discount! :D

Ben

Pappy
01-05-2003, 11:20 AM
well, like i said in my earlier posts. business is change. negotiations require time and thought. i am certain any issues that promted this change will be resolved and i hope that the quadshop will be back on the top dawg list.

companies of all size go thru problematic times....and with manufacture's it can get messy if the corrections arent made public and corrected post haste. trying to blame someone or hide the defect only makes things worse. i was happy to see LSR make the corrections and admit there was a problem. sometimes a big ship is slow to turn.

i enjoy interacting with these well known companies and i hope our input is helping bring us better products. this site in particulair is a goldmine for these companies. consumer interaction is priceless as long as you get factual feedback from the consumer. i get to see a tons of different parts from a variey of manufacture's and its interesting to see the differences and similarities.

the time they spend on the site...answering questions and giving feedback about thier products is invaluable....i hope to see even more open communication in the future.:)

cdalejef
01-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
looks like quadshop went hollywood :huh j/p but makes ya think :D What do you mean?

AlaskaSpeed
01-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Kenny,
I agree....no need to post rumors or subjective opinions without giving a company every chance to make things right. I have seen that a lot and it bugs me. I have yet to find a company that given the chance, won't do the right thing...not if they want to stay in business in a competitive market.......JIM

Ben
01-05-2003, 11:26 AM
The Quadshop and EXriders parted on good terms - I am excited to see what Jeff has cooked up for this year :) They didn't leave us high and dry - it was a decision in the best interests of both parties :)

AlaskaSpeed
01-05-2003, 11:26 AM
What do you mean?

Jeff.....that is a good question. Rumor I heard is that you guys were getting out of the quad biz and moving to California to open a hair salon!:D

Quadfather
01-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Ben,

I never meant to imply that you had the hidden agenda. I apologize if you took it that way.

Alaska,

I own some LSR products, and have no complaints with them. I just thought it odd that they came here, tried to tell us they've done a 180, then you hear we are getting new sponsors, that's all. I guess I got on a little conspiracy theory tangent. Chill.

AlaskaSpeed
01-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Ben,

I never meant to imply that you had the hidden agenda. I apologize if you took it that way.

Alaska,

I own some LSR products, and have no complaints with them. I just thought it odd that they came here, tried to tell us they've done a 180, then you hear we are getting new sponsors, that's all. I guess I got on a little conspiracy theory tangent. Chill.

I live in Alaska...I always chill....just quit watching so much Law and Order reruns.....:huh

Pappy
01-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed

I live in Alaska...I always chill....

jim...its colder here then where you are at...and i think we've had more snow too:huh

cdalejef
01-05-2003, 11:30 AM

Jeff.....that is a good question. Rumor I heard is that you guys were getting out of the quad biz and moving to California to open a hair salon!:D How did you find that out?:huh

Ben
01-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Woh guys - no need to fight about LSR - like I said above, neither they nor any of these other manufacturer new comers have contacted me. :p I love having them on here and feel it can only help EXriders, you guys, and the sport in general - but they won't be sponsoring us. I don't know who will but I know it won't be them! :D

Ben

flyin#5
01-05-2003, 11:32 AM
this site looks naked without the quadshop banner!:eek: lol all i can say is you guys at the quadshop have been great and i hope they will still be around to post and stuff!

Pappy
01-05-2003, 11:32 AM
well, marty has the hair for the california look....but jeff:p lmao:blah

smash!!!! as jeff takes crescent wrench to my LRD frame:devil

AlaskaSpeed
01-05-2003, 11:33 AM
How did you find that out?:huh

Jeff...I can't divulge my sources...but Rico said he got a discount acting as a test subject for your final stylist exam!:D

cdalejef
01-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
well, marty has the hair for the california look....but jeff:p lmao:blah

smash!!!! as jeff takes crescent wrench to my LRD frame:devil I'll do more than that.....remember the silencer pic!!!:grr

cdalejef
01-05-2003, 11:36 AM

Jeff...I can't divulge my sources...but Rico said he got a discount acting as a test subject for your final stylist exam!:D ROTFLMAO!!!!

Pappy
01-05-2003, 11:39 AM
:huh

MichaelS693
01-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Quadracer5
I see that they are still sponsoring Bluetraxx. Oh well, Ben, your doing a great job. And thanks moderators for keeping the forums under control.

Kyle

Its Probably like cannondaleriders.com.....there is a contract involved

01 250exman
01-05-2003, 01:05 PM
:huh the quad shop banner is steel on the ex riders links page

AtvMxRider
01-05-2003, 04:12 PM

Jeff.....that is a good question. Rumor I heard is that you guys were getting out of the quad biz and moving to California to open a hair salon!:D

LMAO!:D :blah

2k2-300exnj
01-05-2003, 07:18 PM
:(