PDA

View Full Version : i have some serious probs and need help!

davne50
06-02-2009, 07:44 PM
my 04 is building pressure in my gas tank causing gas to come out of my tank breather. my oil keeps blowing into my airbox when im hard on the throttle. and i mean alot of oil. and when im on the throttle im blowing antifreeze out of the over flow. im putting in an oversized radiator tomm with a high flow fan. just wondering if anyone had any ideas. maybe bad head gasket? please help!

shawn3389
06-02-2009, 08:04 PM
sounds like a head gasket to me

davne50
06-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by shawn3389
sounds like a head gasket to me

i talked to my mechanic and he thinks its the water pump.

michealwall
06-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Head Gasket will let the compression get into the oil and the coolant. I would take the hose off the air box (the crank case breather and the cap off the over flow bottle, then start it up and check for pressure build up in over flow (coolant pressure should build as temp gets hot. Breather should not be pushing oil out unless oil is over filled, broken ring or head gasket.

Lets us know what you find

davne50
06-07-2009, 07:25 PM
well i figured out some of my probs. the oil was the right amount. it turns out the coil came off the plug causing my bike to miss fire and back firing pushing my oil back throught the breather. the pressure i was building in my tank was due to my engine getting so hot it was heating up the petcock boiling my gas. and my radiator was bad. so i replaced the coil and plug put an oversized radiator and fan on and so far so good! thanks for the help guys