PDA

View Full Version : Minor Neck Injury

Rip_Tear
01-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Don't get to worried.
Well as I have mentioned it is very icey here, and we have about 2' of snow. Well we decided to go sleding(not snowmobiling) so I took my 300, and my friend had his trail blazer. We took the quads because we were going on a few diff hills. We went playing on the pit road(leads to the pit where we sled) which is completely ice! We I got the quad stuck and hit a few snow banks, the trail blazer couldn't even make it up the first hill, everything was glare ice, like a skating rink! We went sleding and after a while of that my neck really started to hurt, and eventually I couldn't turn my head to the right... so we headed home, I was still driving(it would have taken 1-2 hours other wise. Eventually I could only keep my head to the left, I looked real werid.
I have been taking muscel relaxence(sp) and doing the hot nothing cold thing since yesterday, and finaly I am starting to be able to move my neck.

Just thought I would share my story, the werid thing is I didn't crash hard, or anything just regualar stuff. I should be fine by tomorrow afternoon or monday. I was getting real scared that I did something real bad.(sorry for the long story, I thought it was interesting)

roostin_dale
01-04-2003, 05:56 PM
jeesh...everyone is gettin hurt

Ben
01-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Get well soon! :)

Sparks425Ex
01-04-2003, 06:55 PM
You think that is bad. I broke my collar bone on New Years Eve Day. I also pulled all the muscles in the right side of my neck. That is a **** of a way to start the new year. Major sucks. I did it in a Big Air Contest. While snoboarding.

The good news: I won the Contest.

01-04-2003, 07:35 PM
i was snowskatin and hit a jump to see how far i could go and i landed on my right shoulder and pulled the muscles in the right side of my neck

01-04-2003, 08:26 PM
some time if i sleep on it wrong i'll pull a muscle in my neck. it take a day for the pain to go away and usually can't turn my head to oneside. this may have happen to you.

PhilMoore
01-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Hope you are well soon!

I was wondering if anybody uses a Neck Support for racing? I don't ever see one on a racer in the mags, but I wonder how many use them? If anybody on here uses one, please let me know how it works. Is it annoying? Has it ever actually worked that you know of?

I see one in Rocky Mountain ATV catalog on page 73. It is and evs RC1 Neck Support. I was thinking about getting one, but if it doesn't really do anything, I guess I will pass on it.

Thanks,
Phil

01-04-2003, 08:56 PM
it will help from breaking your neck. i have worn one but i didn't like it. they restrict turning you neck and sometimes push up on the helmet.

PhilMoore
01-04-2003, 10:17 PM
I don't generally look behind me when I am racing :D, but if it forces you to look straight ahead, that could get annoying. My chest protector and glasses keep me from looking a full 90 degrees left or right anyway.

Thanks,
Phil

SGA
01-04-2003, 10:24 PM
I've heard of this before. Heck, its happened to me. You pulled a muscle. Sometimes you can pull one and not even know it at the time. It will get better in time.