PDA

View Full Version : worth paying that much for pro armors...

sykoz
06-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Well i pretty disapointed...

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7202/p6010446.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p6010446.jpg)
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/p6010446.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img141/p6010446.jpg/1/)

I almost had to smash the hell guard with a hammer to make it goes at the right place since everything is so ***ed up. then noticed none of the bolt would fit in the holes... Any idea on what should i do ?

stuntin andy
06-02-2009, 05:07 AM
if its only on a few drill them puppys out

scuzz
06-02-2009, 07:24 AM
We've been experiencing that sort of mis-alignment also over on another forum. The opinion is pretty low over there with the fitment issues.

But, UrProArmorChick has expressed interest in finding out more information so they (Pro Armor) may be interested in fixing things). Who knows.

scuzz
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Why did this thread about NERFS get moved to steering and suspension?

sykoz
06-02-2009, 10:37 AM
i wonder the same....

scuzz
06-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sykoz
i wonder the same....

It seems to me they do some shady stuff here.

Pappy
06-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
It seems to me they do some shady stuff here.

It belongs in this section...BODY. It must have been a mistake when moved from the Open forum.

Shady would be to delete it...you need to get a grip. If there is an issue with a part then people can see it in the section that best fits this part so that anyone purchasing or using the item can see it. They dont search the open forum for part issues.

Pro Armor also checks this section and will respond I am sure.

Now, is there anything else you'd like to complain about or did that sum it all up pretty well?

scuzz
06-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Well, now it's in the correct section whereas previously it was in ATV STEERING AND SUSPENSION.

Until you change my perception my "grip" will be the same, you made it what it is, not me.

Pappy
06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Good, as long as I know where you stand. Things will continue on as usual.

scuzz
06-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Good, as long as I know where you stand. Things will continue on as usual.

Ken,

Am I ever disrespectful to you when you and I disagree?

You know I'm not.

Back on topic...

Pappy
06-02-2009, 11:49 AM
You didnt disagree, you made an accusation, which is entirely unfounded. There is a big difference. The thread was mistakenly moved to the wrong section which is an easy mistake to make when a mod moves a thread. Ofcourse, somehow, thats shady.

Ofcourse it must be shady as well to place the thread into a section that will actually help get a solution to the problem and can be seen by prospective purchasers where they may base an opinion on the feedback left on said item or offer advice on a solution.

Pro Armor checks this section out every day so they can make contact with the OP or post contact info. In the Open forum it will be off the first page in an hour.

I think i've explained it in enough detail that there shouldn't be any question about why the thread was moved.

scuzz
06-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I didn't make an accusation, or a statement; I gave an opinion. Also, I was speaking to you telling me to "get a grip" when all that was stated was an opinion.

Had I not started it out with "it seems to me" I would agree with you.

To me it seemed like it was being buried in the wrong under a steering section nefariously, which could have been a mistake, which is why I reported it and asked. Instead of responding with that and letting it be you chose this. I would have gladly retracted my statement if you would have responded with that *and* you would have saved yourself some time.

scuzz
06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
This from pro Armor chick:

could you please ask anyone who is having problems to give us a call, our customers and making them happy is our number one priority, or would it be best if i got on that forum and said so myself? Thank you so much for bringing these to my attention so they can be addressed.

GJ Pro Armor!

coryatver
06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
scuzz you just have to take into account that this website is a business and I believe few guys actually base there income off this site.

I would call up Pro Armor and see what they can do about it. I think they will be willing to help you out.

Aftermarket bolt ons have sure come a long way. We actually expect them to bolt right up lol. Just a few years ago there were few options and you had to beat, drill, bend whatever to get them on lol.

Pappy
06-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I will stand by what I have posted. It's clear and concise with no further insight needed.

scuzz
06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
scuzz you just have to take into account that this website is a business and I believe few guys actually base there income off this site..

I would call up Pro Armor and see what they can do about it. I think they will be willing to help you out.

Aftermarket bolt ons have sure come a long way. We actually expect them to bolt right up lol. Just a few years ago there were few options and you had to beat, drill, bend whatever to get them on lol.

Interesting.

I have instructed my members to follow up with Pro Armor as well. They seem like they are genuinely interested in working any production problems (perceived or real) out.

Thanks ProArmorChick!

AbnMP13
06-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Now back on topic about Pro Armor stuff not fitting. I claim to be pretty cool headed; however when attempting to bolt on the nerf/heel guard combo I got so aggravated that I spiked a ratchet off the garage floor sending my son looking for cover until I cooled down.

The right side (as seated on the quad) bolted up beautifully. The left side presented more than it's fair share of headaches as depicted in the photos below:

Why is the heelguard bracket bent outward at almost a 45 degree angle? Is it to fit over the fender brace? Why not simply make the bracket straight and bolt the fender brace over the top of the heelguard bracket! Oh, that was easy to figure out.....then we dont' need longer bolts.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/abnmp13/DSC00284.jpg

Now due to the misfitment the fender rubs the nerf bars; so I'm guessing I'll have to heat the bracket up with a torch to bend it away from the fenders when I get back from the sandbox.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/abnmp13/DSC00286.jpg

Nice almost half inch gap in the front a-arm bolts! This took some real convincing with a clamp and rubber mallet to mate up properly.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/abnmp13/DSC00290.jpg

Needless to say I wish I had heeded everyone's warnings on the sites before I bought the ProArmor..... It took almost 5 hours INCLUDING going to the Fastenal store to buy bolts long enough to close up some of these gaps.

The footpeg pieces had to be bent via mallet and vice to fit into/over each other.

The DG's I had in the past bolted up much easier....

Just MY opinions folks....

sykoz
06-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Wow and i tought the worse was already there , your better than me coz i swear if i get that much hard time to put them on my quad they will finish right away in the trash box...

scuzz
06-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Make sure you call proarmor.

AbnMP13
06-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Actually before I got the left side even that close and yes it was worse initially. I had quit and told my son to take them off but right as he had started taking them off I began to put them back on so I could take photos as proof of the poor fitment.

AbnMP13
06-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
Make sure you call proarmor.

I posted it here so the ProArmor chick could see it; plus I'm already back overseas. I installed them last week while I was home on r and r.

Plus I got little patience for waiting on phones.

I'll finish the install with a torch and BFH.