PDA

View Full Version : Rejetting 300ex and other performance mods

Mattjns93
06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
I posted this on another subforum here, but this seems to be the right place to post it.

I'm relatively new to doing mods to my 300ex, so I need some advice from some of you.

I currently have a 12 tooth front sprocket from the stock 13 on my 300ex and I really like that increased acceleration I get from it. I have an HMF slip on coming in the mail, but here is my problem. Will it be really bad for my engine to run it a bit lean since this exhaust moves more air? I can't get a rejetting kit for a month or two.

Second, are there any other relatively inexpensive mods I can do besides the ones I already plan on?:
new head pipe
H&N air filter + rejetting kit

Any tips are greatly appreciated. I just started riding more seriously again, so I plan on dumping a few bucks back into this 300ex. The one thing that kills me is how much it sucks taking this thing off jumps bigger than 8 feet. Man its rough to land.

trailrider894
06-02-2009, 07:05 PM
i would get some suspension pretty soon if i were you. also i've heard of H&N i'm pretty sure you mean K&N. if you get a k&n i would get an outerwear prefilter also .

Mattjns93
06-03-2009, 04:57 AM
Oh my bad, I meant K&N. I actually might get a Uni filter though, I've read they are better are filtering than K&N. Where I ride it can be very very dusty.

About the suspension, would I be better off just replacing the suspension or is it really worth the significant amount of $$$ to put 400ex a arms, 400ex suspension, and a longer rear axle? I'm not racing or anything. I'm just riding around my farm, like trails and stuff. I do some jumps though, so I'd like to improve the jumping of my 300ex.

trailrider894
06-03-2009, 08:06 AM
you need to upgrade your suspension!!!!! it will be such a difference!!!

Mattjns93
06-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Do you have any recommendations on what brands of suspension I should start looking at? With all these mods to 400ex to 300ex mods. I was debating buying a 400ex used and selling mine. Do you think I should just work with my 300ex if all I do is trail riding and some minor jumping?

mitchgncc711
06-04-2009, 11:00 AM
buy an ehs air box lid cover it opens up the box you gane low end and top cause of more air flow but you have to rejet it

Mattjns93
06-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Ok guys, I'm really short on money right now, and my quad is backfiring and running extremely hot with this new HMF. I need to rejet it. Will this hold me over until I can pay for a whole rejetting kit? http://hmfracing.com/shop/performance/jets--optimizer/300ex-93-jets

Scratch that, I'm ordering a K&N power kit instead. What is the census on a CDI? Can it hurt my engine? I find myself reaching the rev limiter incredibly fast with this HMF now.

SET THE STAGE
06-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Mattjns93
Ok guys, I'm really short on money right now, and my quad is backfiring and running extremely hot with this new HMF. I need to rejet it. Will this hold me over until I can pay for a whole rejetting kit? http://hmfracing.com/shop/performance/jets--optimizer/300ex-93-jets

Scratch that, I'm ordering a K&N power kit instead. What is the census on a CDI? Can it hurt my engine? I find myself reaching the rev limiter incredibly fast with this HMF now.

your quad is running lean. move your needle clip down a notch and move your main up maybe 2 sizes. you shouldn't need to touch the pilot with only that