PDA

View Full Version : Project 250x

PA250x
06-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Below is my Project 250x. I bought this quad for $100, knowing it needed some work, BUT I didnt know how much, until I started tearing it apart. This was my first build of a quad. I have rode them many times, but never really built one like this.

I started tearing into it and found out the cam bearing was destroyed, which caused the cam, rockers, and head to be trash. I went to take the piston out to replace the rings and saw that the piston had a hole in the side of the skirt from a ball bearing from the cam bearing. I took that off and saw that the connecting rod was bent. The head gasket was blown, so I figure it sucked up water and bent the connecting rod. SOOOO, I split the cases, and started rebuilding. I could stay stock, so I put a Wiseco 11:1 piston in, along with a hot cam. I ported the head some too. Full rebuild with new connecting rod, rockers, gaskets... A jetted carb was the last to go on before the start up. I still have lots to do to it like a pipe (possibly buying a HMF), new Holeshots waiting to go on, just PC'd the front bumper, nerf bars... Let me know what you think!!!

BEFORE

PA250x
06-01-2009, 08:04 PM
AFTER

born2ride14
06-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice

BM@Ronayers
06-03-2009, 08:28 AM
May I ask what you cleaned the motor with?

PA250x
06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by BM@Ronayers
May I ask what you cleaned the motor with?

I degreased and scrubbed the engine, frame...thoroughly before I took the engine out for the rebuild. After the rebuild I cleaned the engine up with some paint thinner, then applied some fresh silver paint. I am very happy how well it turned out.