PDA

View Full Version : OK guys, who has it?

300extreme#8
06-01-2009, 07:00 PM
hehe I do. Its summer time again whos got the Wakeboarding fever? Its became my new addiction since i quit racing/riding.. I think this summer ima try to step my game up and try some stuff these guys do on this video. another thing, I got a question for some of you guys here that wakeboard. Ima bout to spend 400-500 bucks for a hyperlite board this year. idk much about board size and difference, but I weight 175 and I was thinking 137cm ERA for control and edge stability. what do yall think would be the best board for me and size. I'm not a begginer no more. heres a cool video I found...... :)<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihnw3R5g-14&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihnw3R5g-14&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cmaxx
06-01-2009, 07:25 PM
i dont kno anything about wakeboarding but them guys as bad ***!!and that song rocks.:macho

powermadd400ex
06-01-2009, 07:31 PM
ive never wakeboarded before, but a friend is teaching me this summer :D

300extreme#8
06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
well you will like it if you get the hang of it. I did NOT like it at first what so ever. It took me 11 tries to get up and i only when a 100 feet or so. But a buddy of mine kept getting me out on the board and gettin used to it and now I have so much confidence that its awesome. Its a great feeling to get out there and do your own thing, makes you feel like a bad***** i guess you can say.

the Z Man
06-01-2009, 08:20 PM
How did that guy go from the pond to the lake?

jesseweaver
06-01-2009, 08:25 PM
me and my friends bought a board and are gonna go this summer a lot with my friend's parents' boat. i guess its just like snowboarding... i really sucked at first but soon you get addicted. and a guy i know who is big into snowboarding and loves it went wakeboarding a lot last summer and says its even more fun than snowboarding so i'm pumped

Unverfehrt400ex
06-02-2009, 09:13 PM
its one addicting sport. I just started doing it two years ago and i love it. I'm just now starting to get the jumping figured out. anyone know how much of a difference the boat makes??? we just have a basic ski boat and our tow rope isnt mounted up high like the wakeboarding boats have it.

300extreme#8
06-03-2009, 08:23 AM
The boat makes more difference than the board. Some are designed to trim up the motor and make the wake a lot steeper or skinner or wider. Its a huge difference. U can ride behind that ski boat, and then get behind a mastercraft and it will make you wanna spend 70,000 dollars for a mastercraft.

hypersnyper6947
06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Boat does make a big difference and so do some good fat sacks, or ballast. The rope being on a tower is a huge difference too it pulls you up instead of down.

The 137 board should be good, i ride a 138 and im 6'1" 185. Make sure you get something with a 3 stage rocker not progressive, the 3 stage pops you more off the wake so you get better air. It is a really fun sport but it can be real rough on the knees.

Unverfehrt400ex
06-03-2009, 06:51 PM
I've heard a lot of people tell me also that shortening the rope is a big help. just curious if that makes a difference? All we have right now is a 60 footer that we've used for skiing in the past.

hypersnyper6947
06-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Unverfehrt400ex
I've heard a lot of people tell me also that shortening the rope is a big help. just curious if that makes a difference? All we have right now is a 60 footer that we've used for skiing in the past.

Yea pros run 65 ft i think, if you shorten the rope its easier because the wake is steeper and narrower. We always shorten up the rope a bit, this also allows you to go a bit slower. If you run full length you have to go faster so the wake is right at 65ft. Where if you shorten it the wake is right at like 45 or 55ft, depending on speed.

We usually go the speed we want to go, then put the rope out as were going and see where the wake is right, then we ride it and fine tune the rope to see if we need it a bit longer or a bit shorter.

I think pros ride like 24mph and we always rode closer to 20-21 mph.

I actually have not gone wakeboarding in like 2 years, but i used to go like 3 days a week on my buddies boat. So this is all from what i can remember,

300extreme#8
06-03-2009, 10:28 PM
well i broke down today and got one. Dang and I dont even own a boat. I only own a seadoo just now.. but I picked up a Hyperlite ERA 137cm today YAY around $400

baldwinmx450r
06-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Most Pro riders are riding a 80' line at 28 mph. Which is absolutly nuts! Wakeboarding is the next best thing to MX. I would reccomend the Hyperlite Murry board. with Murry bindings. Just picked up the same settup and it rocks. While you're at it, Pick up a quality wakeskate and youtube HO Wake Skies :-) I just picked up a pair of those myself, absolutely nutty...

631kfx400
06-04-2009, 04:24 AM
i wanna start getting into it. ive always wanted to

300extreme#8
06-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
i wanna start getting into it. ive always wanted to

I promise, all it takes is goin to the river one tome with a buddy who does it. Like I said tho, I didn't like it at first bc I couldnt steer or even cross the wake. Now its my addiction. I bought a wakeboard and idk when ill go to the river bc I don't have a boat.