View Full Version : New Eminem Cd (Relapse)

kawabunga
06-01-2009, 09:25 AM
I just picked up the cd Saturday and was wondering what anyone else thinks. I'm not sure how much I like it yet.
Any thoughts?
Love it, hate it?
Lets hear 'em.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/kawabunga/eminem-relapse.jpg

Tommy Warren
06-01-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm still on the fence...I downloaded all his songs off of the xm radio and I like a couple of them especially "insane" but some other songs he just seems to be rambling on about whatever rhymes with his last statement. almost starting to sound like lil wayne (I hate to say it). with his older cd's I listen and hang onto every word but this time it just seems like he is spending more time trying to fill the cd rather than trying to produce that wow factor. you can only go on and on about the same annoying **** for so long.

matt14c
06-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Some of the songs make you scratch your head at first but just keep really listening to it. Love it! I listen to my mp3 player alot while mowing and things and buy alot of cds and this is the best one to be released in a long time. If you look alot of albums now a days are all $12-15 and maybe have 12 songs on them. Alot of the punk or alternative I have seen with less than that. This CD has 16 songs plus the 4 skits. Not really a bad song on it either.

scuzz
06-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Same ol stuff.

feuerstack411
06-01-2009, 10:25 AM
hate it. I'm not a fan of his new style. The Slim Shady LP and Marshall Manthers LP is still the best.

ridered92
06-01-2009, 11:03 AM
you guys have to remember this album is about shady not eminem its his alter eago. im a hardcore fan but at first i didnt like the album at all then i listen to it a few for times and i came around to it. i head the relapse 2 which is comming out soon is all about eminem like his old stuff but we will have to wait and see

kawabunga
06-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by ridered92
you guys have to remember this album is about shady not eminem its his alter eago. im a hardcore fan but at first i didnt like the album at all then i listen to it a few for times and i came around to it. i head the relapse 2 which is comming out soon is all about eminem like his old stuff but we will have to wait and see

That's interesting. I'm curious now. Relapse is quite a bit different than his "normal" I think. As of right now I do prefer his earlier albums, but there are a few good tracks. Some of them do sound like they're full of filler like Tommy mentioned.

ridered92
06-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah there are a few songs i don't like but every album has a few. I can't wait for the relapse 2. dr dre is also comming out with a new album

madskrillz2
06-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah I wasn't crazy about it at first either but now I love it. You just have to really listen to the lyrics and make sense of what he's saying. There's several parts that made no sense to me at first, but then I listened to it over and over again and I saw what he was trying to say.

scuzz
06-01-2009, 01:18 PM
The MTV movie awards had a funny with him.

kawabunga
06-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
The MTV movie awards had a funny with him.

What happened? I missed that. It was last night wasn't it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/395464/2009-mtv-movie-awards-bruno-presents-best-male-performance.jhtml

Ha, he looked pretty pi$$ed off

XCRacer236
06-01-2009, 02:00 PM
this CD is not just another new release. He cancelled tours to check himself into rehab. this CD is about his struggle with addiction and the rehab. most people dont realize this cause all they do is listen to the beats and not the lyrics. someone has to have a knowledge about his to understand this CD. thats the bad part cause most dont.

this CD is the Slim Shady type of music and has the same sound as his previous stuff. kinda funny considering Em claimed Slim was dead. but most people wouldn't know about that either.

this CD is absolutely amazing. the best one he has come out with yet. just sucks it took him an addiction and so long to do it. Eminem Show and MMLP were a very close second though. WAY better then that garbage Lil Wayne BS.

take a close look at the CD cover.

Originally posted by matt14c
If you look alot of albums now a days are all $12-15 and maybe have 12 songs on them. This CD has 16 songs plus the 4 skits.

Mine has 24 songs with 2 music vids.

ridered92
06-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
this CD is not just another new release. He cancelled tours to check himself into rehab. this CD is about his struggle with addiction and the rehab. most people dont realize this cause all they do is listen to the beats and not the lyrics. someone has to have a knowledge about his to understand this CD. thats the bad part cause most dont.

this CD is the Slim Shady type of music and has the same sound as his previous stuff. kinda funny considering Em claimed Slim was dead. but most people wouldn't know about that either.

this CD is absolutely amazing. the best one he has come out with yet. just sucks it took him an addiction and so long to do it. Eminem Show and MMLP were a very close second though. WAY better then that garbage Lil Wayne BS.

finaly someone that knows what there talking about. haha you bought the expencive cd i didnt see it when i bought mine

muddy400EX
06-01-2009, 02:32 PM
i really thought his new cd was good. way better than encore. and for anyone who says he "rambling" listen close to all his songs, they all make sense. just gotta pay attention:)

XCRacer236
06-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by ridered92
finaly someone that knows what there talking about. haha you bought the expencive cd i didnt see it when i bought mine

haha thanks. i didnt want to miss out on anything.

kawabunga
06-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i really thought his new cd was good. way better than encore. and for anyone who says he "rambling" listen close to all his songs, they all make sense. just gotta pay attention:)

Something I didn't do the first time around. I was at work the first time I listened to it so I would drift in and out of paying attention to the lyrics. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

ben300
06-01-2009, 03:02 PM

agreed....i listened to the replay of the debut the sunday before it came out on shade45 on sirius and he went through and talked about all the songs and what each one ment to him, and this cd is alot about his problems adn his feelings and his history of him dealing with his addiction or prescription drugs...hence the constant talk about valium in the cd...

the songs really take a cronological order of how his life and his addiction to prescription drugs came ambout....i mean yes he has some typical songs on there where hes jsut goofy and rags on ppl like bag pipes from baghdad, but for the most part, each song is a little piece of a story....

on the othe rhand...it took me listening to it to reallly get caught on to it...but after a short bit, i really love the cd...i think for the most part, its a lyrical master piece and is defintiallly on par if not better than lil wayne and the **** he spews, and makes more sence to my self..i think if your a serious eminem fan you need to pic this cd up...

and honestly to me...some one said its similar to hsi old stuff...yes and no...i think lyrically is better, adn the beats sound alto like to me...late 90's early 00's mobb deep beats..

XCRacer236
06-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ben300
agreed....i listened to the replay of the debut the sunday before it came out on shade45 on sirius and he went through and talked about all the songs and what each one ment to him, and this cd is alot about his problems adn his feelings and his history of him dealing with his addiction or prescription drugs...hence the constant talk about valium in the cd...

the songs really take a cronological order of how his life and his addiction to prescription drugs came ambout....i mean yes he has some typical songs on there where hes jsut goofy and rags on ppl like bag pipes from baghdad, but for the most part, each song is a little piece of a story....

on the othe rhand...it took me listening to it to reallly get caught on to it...but after a short bit, i really love the cd...i think for the most part, its a lyrical master piece and is defintiallly on par if not better than lil wayne and the **** he spews, and makes more sence to my self..i think if your a serious eminem fan you need to pic this cd up...

and honestly to me...some one said its similar to hsi old stuff...yes and no...i think lyrically is better, adn the beats sound alto like to me...late 90's early 00's mobb deep beats..

yep. hes always had a lot of things to say, and i think has always said them very well. he's serious at times when he needs to be, and funny and entertaining at others.

i also had to listen to the cd a few times to really understand what everything was about and reall appreciate it. theres a lot of small things in the songs, and i catch a new one everytime i listen to it.

06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
best rapper for real. Havent picked up the new CD but i've heard a few of the songs. I still like the old stuff from way back too.

scuzz
06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by kawabunga
What happened? I missed that. It was last night wasn't it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/395464/2009-mtv-movie-awards-bruno-presents-best-male-performance.jhtml

Ha, he looked pretty pi$$ed off

Yeah he got teabagged.

Nosspeedca
06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
he looked like he wanted to beat the $h!++ out of him.

feuerstack411
06-01-2009, 04:21 PM
I listened to it again today in my car, and its growing on me.

BTW, the whole Brüno and Eminem thing was staged.

XCRacer236
06-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
best rapper for real. Havent picked up the new CD but i've heard a few of the songs. I still like the old stuff from way back too.

only other better rapper is Tupac.

Originally posted by feuerstack411

BTW, the whole Brüno and Eminem thing was staged.

no sh*t? lol.

BEAVER.989
06-01-2009, 04:35 PM
It may have been staged, but it sure looks like Eminem wasn't made aware of it before hand.

feuerstack411
06-01-2009, 04:46 PM
only other better rapper is Tupac.

no sh*t? lol.

theres always people thinking stuff like thats real, just making an FYI.

Sad to say is that my favorite track of the album is "Beautiful", which is the only track on the album that he recoreded when he wasn't sober. It just reminds me of the old Em.

XCRacer236
06-01-2009, 05:13 PM
theres always people thinking stuff like thats real, just making an FYI.

Sad to say is that my favorite track of the album is "Beautiful", which is the only track on the album that he recoreded when he wasn't sober. It just reminds me of the old Em.

i understand, just me agreeing in my own way. haha.

i think that song is prolly the best one he has ever recorded!

madskrillz2
06-01-2009, 06:46 PM
i understand, just me agreeing in my own way. haha.

i think that song is prolly the best one he has ever recorded!

Yeah I really like Beautiful, Medicine Ball, De Javu, and Underground. I'd say De Javu is my favorite just because, as bad as I hate to admit it, it's almost scary how much I relate to that song.

XCRacer236
06-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Yeah I really like Beautiful, Medicine Ball, De Javu, and Underground. I'd say De Javu is my favorite just because, as bad as I hate to admit it, it's almost scary how much I relate to that song.

right on. hey you can admit it, so thats ok.

madskrillz2
06-01-2009, 08:32 PM
right on. hey you can admit it, so thats ok.

Yeah. I think that's why I like music in general so much. Songs like that I can relate to and help me feel better about myself. Now I'm not saying I'm an addict, but I do indulge in some things I shouldn't and always wanna be away from everybody when that happens. That's basically how that song goes so it's almost like I wrote it lol.

SRH
06-01-2009, 10:54 PM
i was never a eminem fan, but i been listening to his new album on myspace im gonna buy it, i like it, you can feel his pain in some of the songs, not so much whining as his other albums this being post addiction i think he relates to his mother now vs the blindly bashing her on the other albums which i just didnt care for , the new track mom is pretty catchy and not so negative although it has a touch of old em

TCracin440ex
06-02-2009, 01:37 AM
hate it. I'm not a fan of his new style. The Slim Shady LP and Marshall Manthers LP is still the best.

agreed