PDA

View Full Version : LT 80 starting

929rog
06-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Well, finally got the LT about back together. This one sat for along time and I had to change the fan as it was broke, had crap in there. Also had to take the clutches apart and really clean that mess. I put a new battery in it and it really sounds like it does not turn over very fast. I've never heard one run so I'm not sure how fast the motor should spin over. I disconnected the parking brake wire (wired together) and took out the oil pump gear so I can mix it. It has spark and seems like it has good compression but I can't get it to fire not even with gas down the hole. The carb has been cleaned and boiled and I bought and installed a complete rebuild kit. I can't crank it for very long before I end up killing the battery and have to recharge it. One the petcock the is the end for vacume, where does that go as it was not hooked up. Gas will flow with prime on. Can I jump start this from my tractor battery or will it kill the little atv battery? Guess I don't know what to look for from here? Great site, I've learned alot about these things here.

929rog
06-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks

LT80
06-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by 929rog
Thanks

???????? LOL