PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a dealership connection?

250Renvy
06-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Whenever I'm looking for parts I check bikebandit.com to see if stuff is available. They seem to be the only one I've found that shows if a part is no longer available.

Well today I was just checking a small part I needed and it's showing the Right crankcase is no longer available. People have put stuff on ebay often stating that the part is discontinued but it shows it's available, but as most of us know sometimes is shows it's available but it's not.

I'd like to have a reliable source to check part availability. Parts seem to be disappearing all the time.

nickm328
06-01-2009, 07:43 AM
I have found that out also, there is a dealership near me called Garrett honda in cov. La. that has always been able to get parts for me. Their # is 985-892-9730 ask for Ms. Ruth in parts I am convinced she knows everything about Hondas. If it's still made she can get it, or at least tell you if it is or not. Go on their website get the part # from their fiche and call and ask her. They are by far the best dealership I have ever delt with. www.garretthonda.com

mxduner
06-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Whenever I'm looking for parts I check bikebandit.com to see if stuff is available. They seem to be the only one I've found that shows if a part is no longer available.

Well today I was just checking a small part I needed and it's showing the Right crankcase is no longer available. People have put stuff on ebay often stating that the part is discontinued but it shows it's available, but as most of us know sometimes is shows it's available but it's not.

I'd like to have a reliable source to check part availability. Parts seem to be disappearing all the time. thats no ****in good. i hope bb is wrong. did you happen to check the left side? if that goes away the r era will take a big hit:mad:

mxduner
06-01-2009, 09:44 AM
forgot to add, i will check my local dealer today when i order parts for a zuk i'm workin on.

All250R
06-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I called my rep at Honda and sure enough both case halves are discontinued. There were only 3 in stock total for all years.

In this thread there is a long post I made about petitioning Honda. I'll put it on my site too when I make the time to update it - but you have to call!

By the way the filter boot is discontinued as of recently too. I need an 86 style (so if you have a newer one let me know). I'm going to call today to complain again about the filter boot and the case halves.

They need to know that there are enough people that will continue to buy the parts or they'll just figure it doesn't make business sense and that everyone is will to pay out 450 money.

You have to call!! No one will take matters into your own hands for you. Call: Honda corporate customer service (Torrance CA): 866-784-1870

other thread:
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=388153&perpage=13&pagenumber=2

All250R
06-02-2009, 05:35 PM
well, whenI called today, I got a different rep than the first time I called about crankshafts. I gave Carlos the numbers for each of the 4 cases and the 2 for the filter tubes. What I discovered on this go-round was you have to tell him specifically that you want these part numbers documented and anything else you want to add that goes up the food chain internally at Honda. Kelly was more proactive and took notes automatically. carlos was more of a notes taker and didn't have any great insight, so in that case you have to tell the person specifically to document what part you think is important to have back in production.

Carlos did give me some advice which was to call your local distributors and make an attempt to order the part. You have to tell the counter guy to actually put it in the system. Otherwise, honda won't see that someone asked for the part. Again, they have to put the number into the system so Honda can see a request and count it as demand.

thedeatons
06-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Can you provide the part numbers? I will call ASAP. I just ordered an 86 boot a few months ago! I will need new case halves next year!

mxduner
06-02-2009, 07:32 PM
okay my local dealership said both sides came up with the price(meaning its available) but that could be those that are left??? he is going to look into it either way and get back to me.

deatons i forgot the numbers 17001-ha2-000 might be the r.h. side but probably off a digit or 3.

Which gets me the idea that why dont we compile a list of p/n's so we all can call in and report them?

250Renvy
06-02-2009, 08:15 PM
All 250R - do you know if the crankshaft for 87-89 are discontinued? I've tried calling that number a bunch of times but it always says call back later? Have you ever had that?

If I don't get through, maybe anybody who does can petition them to keep the essentials alive that no aftermarket company makes or could make - like cases and stuff. I found out the tranny gears are gone as well.

If it wasn't for this damn recession I'd be stocking up like everything was going to be discontinued but their prices are so high on so much stuff and the business is just not there to keep spending. Because of that they are cutting back - this is probably the most detrimental time for the 250R because once some of the stuff is gone, it's gone for good - no demand would bring it back.

Jason if you wouldn't mind PMing me any info you have on discontinued parts or any info you have about what happens to parts machines/moulds when they get discontinued - maybe you can look into it for me?

dynofox
06-02-2009, 08:50 PM
I have to believe Honda's dealer site has a section where a part number can be checked for availability. I work at a Kawasaki, Suzuki and Polaris dealership, these three manufactures have decent dealer sites with part number availability sections which tell you in seconds whether a part is still available. Kawasaki and Suzuki even tell you which warehouse the parts are available at. With that said anyone who wants a part number checked for Polaris, Kawasaki or Suzuki let me know and I can check its availability for you.

k265r
06-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I tried to order a 88 right half it was not avaliable. the left was avaliable for the 88. the 86 87 right was avaliable. about 3 weeks ago.

mxduner
06-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by k265r
I tried to order a 88 right half it was not avaliable. the left was avaliable for the 88. the 86 87 right was avaliable. about 3 weeks ago. the only p/n i gave him that he ran over the phone was the r.h. for an 88... interesting. that was at 5:15pm central time tuesday. don't get excited but i hope my dealer was correct. he will check on it:confused: also gave him the l.h. p/n but can't recall if he ran it over the phone, either way he is checking on it.

this reminds me of a time i ordered a fuel pump for a honda m/c and it took a day or 2 to tell me it was unavailable ****, i bet my dealer is wrong, and we are screwed damnit

dynofox
06-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
the only p/n i gave him that he ran over the phone was the r.h. for an 88... interesting. that was at 5:15pm central time tuesday. don't get excited but i hope my dealer was correct. he will check on it:confused: also gave him the l.h. p/n but can't recall if he ran it over the phone, either way he is checking on it.

this reminds me of a time i ordered a fuel pump for a honda m/c and it took a day or 2 to tell me it was unavailable ****, i bet my dealer is wrong, and we are screwed damnit

Your dealer isn't checking these numbers while you wait on the phone? Should only take a minute or two to run them. :confused:

Creech52
06-02-2009, 11:52 PM
As everyone has said, this is a hard hit. Is anyone making billet cases like they do for the banshee? Its somewhat odd the availability of banshee parts out there. If only we had the support the banshee crowd has.

If you look around in this day and age it seems 250Rs are gaining in popularity again. Part outs have slowed some what and whole bikes are being sold again.

Honda 250r 001
06-03-2009, 07:34 AM
thats no ****in good. i hope bb is wrong. did you happen to check the left side? if that goes away the r era will take a big hit:mad:

no **** man! wtf honda! i doubt its true, but if it is, WTF honda! thats the case that always gets trashed!

All250R
06-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by thedeatons
Can you provide the part numbers? I will call ASAP. I just ordered an 86 boot a few months ago! I will need new case halves next year!
Here are the part numbers and descriptions:
11001-HA2-770 Crankcase Assy. R 86-87
11002-HA2-771 Crankcase Assy. L 86-87
11100-HB9-770 Crankcase, R 88
11200-HB9-771 Crankcase Comp L 88-89

17253-HB9-000 Tube, Air Cleaner Connecting 86
17253-HB9-670 Tube, Air Cleaner Connecting 87-89

13300-HB9-770 Crankshaft Comp. 88-89

When I emailed the day before yesterday, my rep replied with:
1 86-7 left case was available
2 88-9 right cases available
Nothing else was in inventory for Honda

I put in the order to buy the remaining inventory. So, if what I got back from him is true, nothing will be left.

I just put in an email about the crankshaft, so he'll let me know what the situation looks like.

**Make sure you call with those numbers to the customer service number! What I tell them too is the TRX250R has a loyal following because it's a unique quad - can't be replaced with a newer model, unlike other models that are still in production. Call, call, call I think is all we can do. I had two of my friends call too...

All250R
06-03-2009, 10:59 AM
All 250R - do you know if the crankshaft for 87-89 are discontinued? I've tried calling that number a bunch of times but it always says call back later? Have you ever had that?

No... I haven't had that yet. I know you have to go through a bit of a maze determining what you're calling about. I key in the numbers i need for ATV's and after about 3 buttons I have a rep. Keep trying though. The other alternative is to actually place the order for the part.

Now, I don't know exactly what happens when you place the order. At SH they usually take your payment, place the order and then tell you that day or the next if the part isn't available, and then refund you. That way for sure the part gets seen by Honda.

It could be though, that when they simply query for parts availability that it gets recorded, but my gut tells me you have to actually attempt to place the order. In that case, you can't let the guy tell you its not available. You have to tell him to run it anyway and just wait for your refund.

All250R
06-03-2009, 11:02 AM
If it wasn't for this damn recession I'd be stocking up like everything was going to be discontinued but their prices are so high on so much stuff and the business is just not there to keep spending. Because of that they are cutting back - this is probably the most detrimental time for the 250R because once some of the stuff is gone, it's gone for good - no demand would bring it back.

Jason if you wouldn't mind PMing me any info you have on discontinued parts or any info you have about what happens to parts machines/moulds when they get discontinued - maybe you can look into it for me?

Here is what I was told about discontinuation and bringing parts back:

Honda doesn't make the parts we buy. They hire contracted manufacturers to make the parts.

So parts discontinuation - typically a part gets discontinued when demand is low and the manufacturer goes out of business (which is increasing as of late). They have to see a certain monthly demand for the parts before they will go through the trouble to seek out and go through the process of design, manufacturing process and quality control. Around the 18-20 model year mark is when they start to lose interest in continuing parts. This is where we can help.

One example is the Pilot 350 fenders. They were at one point discontinued, but enough customers wanted the parts so honda went through the trouble to find another manufacturer.

She couldn't give me an exact number, but as an example 2 or 3 requests/month for a part are not enough to regain financial interest in the part. Along the lines of 20 starts to sound more attractive to them. So our voices count here - 20 (apx) requests a month.

All250R
06-03-2009, 11:09 AM
The other thing I found out yesterday is that the Honda dealers are largely in teh dark about discontinuation. I asked my rep if he could query availability for the entire bike, thinking in my head he could sort by availability possibly and see what's on the low end. He said all he can do is run a specific part number and then look at the result.

After saying that, he told me that dealers are for the most part kept in the dark about a lot of things in general, one being parts availability. He said for example, they will try to order a backordered part and won't even know its been discontinued until they reply that its' discontinued.

That makes me think that it's key to call that customer service number: 866-784-1870. Because that's a direct line into corporate. From what I understand and wrote above is that the information is actually important to honda and they do review it. Clarity will be important then. You have to call and be specific. You're dealing wiht a rep who doesn't understand your concern unless you make him document it. Think of the phone call like an email to corporate. You have to author it yourself with your words. Make him write what you want to say and hang up feeling like you spoke to Honda and that you did what you could. If we all do that, we have a chance. The example I think of is the Pilot fenders. So, we know it's happened before!

All250R
06-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Update on the crankshaft. My rep replied that there is one left in the entire country. It's not known if Honda will make another batch.

That's bad, but the case halves are what concern me most. We can always rebuild our OEM cranks for a while, but when a bearing hole gets wallowed out or the chain flies through the case, our options are more limited...

**It wouldn't be a bad idea to post on all of our 250R forums what happened when we called. If people get the sense that others are calling or doing something about it, others will be more likely to do the same. So if you call or do something, let us know what you did.

All250R
06-03-2009, 12:02 PM
ok, the verrrry latest info I have for us 250R riders. Here is a quote from my rep on the "inside". Right now is our best shot at making the impact we want. Spread the word. Cool? We can keep the ride alive guys. We have the power.

Jason,

My best suggestion is to do just that. CALL CALL CALL. The more people that complain to Honda the better the chances of them bringing the part back.

P.S. When making the complaint it might be best to complain about a specific part.

dynofox
06-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by All250R
The other thing I found out yesterday is that the Honda dealers are largely in teh dark about discontinuation. I asked my rep if he could query availability for the entire bike, thinking in my head he could sort by availability possibly and see what's on the low end. He said all he can do is run a specific part number and then look at the result.

After saying that, he told me that dealers are for the most part kept in the dark about a lot of things in general, one being parts availability. He said for example, they will try to order a backordered part and won't even know its been discontinued until they reply that its' discontinued.

That makes me think that it's key to call that customer service number: 866-784-1870. Because that's a direct line into corporate. From what I understand and wrote above is that the information is actually important to honda and they do review it. Clarity will be important then. You have to call and be specific. You're dealing wiht a rep who doesn't understand your concern unless you make him document it. Think of the phone call like an email to corporate. You have to author it yourself with your words. Make him write what you want to say and hang up feeling like you spoke to Honda and that you did what you could. If we all do that, we have a chance. The example I think of is the Pilot fenders. So, we know it's happened before!

Honda really doesn't have a dealer site that part numbers can be checked on? Its sounds like your rep can access something similar, why would the dealers not have access to this as well.

All250R
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by dynofox
Honda really doesn't have a dealer site that part numbers can be checked on? Its sounds like your rep can access something similar, why would the dealers not have access to this as well.
I know I've been spraying a lot of words, but what I'm trying to say if it's not clear is that the dealers are kept in the dark about when parts will be discontinued. They can look quantities up, and I've given out some. That's not the issue. The issue is knowing what the corporate decision is that gets parts in circulation when the quantity gets low or not.

All250R
06-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Here are some more current quantities. I thought someone said the trans is no longer available, but that's not entire true it seems. To me though, the most damaging problem are the engine parts because of the quality standards and tooling that are required to make those parts. The cases really need to be call on to Honda in my opinion. As a person who opens engines frequently, it cuts into a basic core of rebuilding engines when that option is gone. Anyway, here are some numbers to check out.

80100-HB9-770ZB (89 rear fender) 4
17210-HB9-770 (airbox) 5
16221-KS7-830 (CR intake boot) 4
06220-HB9-305 (89 lifter kit) 5
35200-HB9-772 (handlebar switch) 3
23431-HA2-010 (2nd gear) 9
23451-HA2-000 (3rd gear) 9
87123-HB9-770 (88 fender stripe r) 10
87124-HB9-770 (88 fender stripe l) 10

mxduner
06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by dynofox
Your dealer isn't checking these numbers while you wait on the phone? Should only take a minute or two to run them. :confused: from my earlier post

okay my local dealership said both sides came up with the price(meaning its available) but that could be those that are left???

All250R
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
from my earlier post
Wade, your inbox is full my man.

Try to make the order. That will tell you for sure. I ordered what was supposed to be the last 3 of any case half, and it went through, so from here on if you can successfully place an order, then that's good news... annoying if we've been making a lot of ruckus for nothing though.

Please try to make the order though if you need a case half!
Jason

By the way, someone asked me if you have to enter the VIN number of your bike when you call. You don't. I don't remember how i navigated around it, but since I knew i was just calling about the quad in general, not looking for support for my specific quad, I navigated around it.

You don't have to enter your VIN to get a rep.

factoryX
06-03-2009, 10:10 PM
problem with new parts is that people would rather spend less money on used stuff rather than fork over $500 for a new one.

mxduner
06-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Wade, your inbox is full my man.

Try to make the order. That will tell you for sure. I ordered what was supposed to be the last 3 of any case half, and it went through, so from here on if you can successfully place an order, then that's good news... annoying if we've been making a lot of ruckus for nothing though.

Please try to make the order though if you need a case half!
Jason

By the way, someone asked me if you have to enter the VIN number of your bike when you call. You don't. I don't remember how i navigated around it, but since I knew i was just calling about the quad in general, not looking for support for my specific quad, I navigated around it.

You don't have to enter your VIN to get a rep. thanks and sorry for my pm full box.

as far as ordering parts, at the moment i do not need the parts, i just want to give leverage to keep them around... that has no guarantee that i ever will, which, does not help give us traction. When you say order the parts, do you mean order and process the order, or as stated, order and purchase:ermm:

All250R
06-04-2009, 12:23 AM
thanks and sorry for my pm full box.

as far as ordering parts, at the moment i do not need the parts, i just want to give leverage to keep them around... that has no guarantee that i ever will, which, does not help give us traction. When you say order the parts, do you mean order and process the order, or as stated, order and purchase:ermm:
I mean if you need the parts, order them. If not, don't! Don't waste your money on something you don't need. TRX250R's aren't a charity organization unfortunately.

Call Honda though. Like my rep at SH said earlier, call, call, call. That makes some difference is the feedback I'm getting.

So if you need the part, order it. Or call Honda and tell them you wish you could!

If you send me or someone your engine or you blow the left case off with the chain or a bad gear, if we can't get a new one, I mean it's a weird situation. Someone has to hunt for one used and hope for the best... It's not like a swingarm, or a steering stem. It's a large, precision made piece for that exact ATV. I think it would be tough to replace.

All250R
06-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Ok guys,
This is what can happen to the parts price for this quad when they get discontinued. The aftermarket value goes through the roof. I thought it would be cool to own a spare hood for my 88, but I would NOT pay this much for it - so I guess I'm out of luck. If we get things back in production we can probably actually afford the parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260421287352&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

dynofox
06-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Ok guys,
This is what can happen to the parts price for this quad when they get discontinued. The aftermarket value goes through the roof. I thought it would be cool to own a spare hood for my 88, but I would NOT pay this much for it - so I guess I'm out of luck. If we get things back in production we can probably actually afford the parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260421287352&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

My guess is honda wants nothing to do with the 250r honestly, I'm sure they would much rather see all of us riding brand new 450r's.

trx310R#24
06-07-2009, 11:39 PM
they have not made them in a long time. bikebandit may have a few. or yamahaoftroy.com (has honda 250r honda) i know its yamaha or troy but they have r parts.

brandonpeake
06-08-2009, 04:06 AM
esr- eddie sander racing has case halves but they are $$$

mxduner
06-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Ok guys,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260421287352&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT no f'n way! 405.00 bucks plus shipping! the exact thing i was worrying about with the discontinued parts:mad:

All250R
06-08-2009, 11:48 AM
no f'n way! 405.00 bucks plus shipping! the exact thing i was worrying about with the discontinued parts:mad:
I just called about that part with the rpice it sold on ebay for, and left the part number with the guy - got a different guy altogether this time. He reaffirmed that calling that number is the best thing to do and also said that if they get enough calls Honda may change their mind about a particular part. So, I hope you guys are at least calling about the parts you care about.

Langbolt
06-11-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm wondering if the people that are CASTING cylinders for the 250R would now take the plunge and cast 250R cases ?

They could then beef them up for Strokers and different stud patterns (aka POLONDA's, ROTAX's etc)

Maybe if anyone know's the staff at CPI ????

http://www.cpindinc.com/pub/part_list?manufacturer=2

:devil:

250Renvy
07-01-2009, 12:32 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Everytime I try to order a part or go to the parts fische new parts are discontinued. Some are still available in aftermarket but some are just not produced ever.
The stators are now gone.

It's amazing how much has gone in just the last year.

Once the motor parts are gone then what? What about little things like grommets?

What's the plan when they stop making parts? 250R's will either get insanely expensive or be completely worthless except as parts.

This is a never ending losing battle. I specifically designed my NEW HRE custom frame to use 400ex plastic because I figured it wouldn't go anywhere for a while and voila 99-05 plastic is discontinued OEM. So I'm left with 06/07 black and stupid NITRO red and 09 style which doesn't allow for a 5.5 gallon gas tank.

BS Honda. I think I'll start buying Kawasaki.

zedicus00
07-01-2009, 02:25 PM
part numbers (ALL OF THEM) for cases
RIGHT
11001-HA2-670
11100-HA2-770
11001-HA2-770
11100-HB9-770

LEFT
11002-HA2-671
11002-HA2-770
11002-HA2-771
11200-HB9-770
11200-HB9-771

checked availability of a couple and could get them, 450$ish a side. some of these will be discontinued as honda molds ware out, and or new cheeper designs come in. also to note, honda does not produce constant streams of these. my guess is there is a new batch every couple of years. this is of course all speculation based on my dealings in getting parts over 20 yrs.

by all means keep calling and telling them you want the parts though.

250Renvy
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm revisiting this thread after finding new things that are discontinued.

I was wondering if anybody works at a dealership and knows whether or not there is a national warehouse system that states how many of a product are available and where they are located?