PDA

View Full Version : kicker install ?

moshachusetts
06-01-2009, 05:07 AM
is the cam mod really needed when installing a kicker and will the hot start accomplish the same thing? what exactly does the cam mod do for you? this is for a 08 btw, didnt know if it mattered

thanks

shawn3389
06-01-2009, 08:06 PM
the cam mod has nothing to do with the kicker, it has to do with power. it adds power mid to top from what i have read about it

XCRacer236
06-01-2009, 08:09 PM
cam mod gives dirtbike timing. which ads power mid to top end. and makes the bike run a little cooler.

BakerRacing40
06-01-2009, 08:16 PM
if your using the stock yfz cams the change is one tooth and if you buy the yz exhaust cam its like moving your stock cam half of a tooth. doing the mod with stock cams is awesome. you'll like it a lot. with the kick start stuff i haven't mess with but should be the shaft and kicker kit and then a clutch perch with the hot start cable and then just rigging it up.

moshachusetts
06-02-2009, 09:35 AM
how easy was it to install and how hard is it to kick over? i had a yz250f dirtbike and once it was hot it was a ******* to get started.

yfz4504life
09-03-2009, 01:33 PM
i've got a gytr kick on mine and it wont start with it. i have to push start it because its so hard to kick over. everyone i've had try it says the same thing. i must have something wrong but i cant figure out what

mxpimp2000
09-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by yfz4504life
i've got a gytr kick on mine and it wont start with it. i have to push start it because its so hard to kick over. everyone i've had try it says the same thing. i must have something wrong but i cant figure out what

after the cam mod is done u can kick it really easy, theres a guy that has a HC piston and all kick start no electric start anymore and he can start his sittin down because the cam mod makes it that much easier.

if u knw how to kick it just right it will fire up almost on the first kick. push the kicker down real slow until u hear a clunk as soon as u hear it bring the lever back up and give it 1 good kick in the *** and she should fire right up. i also learnt this from team moster kawi at one of the atv nats

yfz4504life
09-03-2009, 09:50 PM
alright yea i'll try that. thanks for the help!