PDA

View Full Version : Central Ohio Riders?

RED121572
01-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Any of you that live in central Ohio and have a great place to ride and need or want someone to ride with, let me know. Im always looking for a road trip. I recently met up with a fellow member in Massillon and we had a blast!

RED

:D

exriderdude
01-04-2003, 11:01 PM
i live in loudonvile, in ashland county. i couldnt make it to the Massilion ride, how was it.

RED121572
01-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Hey EXRIDER,

Russ and I had a great time. Sorry you couldnt make it. I didnt realize, but Russ just bought a new 400EX about two days before the ride. Nice and Shiny. I had to take my Polaris, cause my Honda is smokin. (valve stem/seals):rolleyes:

RED

TRXMaddness
01-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Hi guys,
Sorry about the long time of being away. Just got back to work here today. I will be downloading the pics of the ride from Ohio and posting them soon. Probably within the next week.

Russ

RED121572
01-10-2003, 05:47 AM
Hey Clutch!! lol :blah

Good to see you made it back. How was the trip with the trailer? Did you get much riding in last week?

Stay outta trouble and dont work too hard!

RED

TRXMaddness
01-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Hey Red,
No riding last weekend except for the little riding before I packed it away. We are going riding sunday in Williamsburg. Looking forwarded to it. Working hours have been anywhere between 10 and 16 hours a day. It sucks. The trip down was fine, about 11 hours with the trailer on back... Not to bad. Looking forward to tonight. Exhaust and tires are going on.

Clutch

bradw412
02-08-2003, 02:41 PM
hey RED,
not sure if i was a member in time to find out about your ride:(
but shoot i only live a few minutes away from massillon.... where'd u ride?

TRXMaddness
02-09-2003, 06:23 AM
bradw412,
We rode at the trails just off of Cherry Rd and also behind the Massillon steel mill. We also went to some trails off of Lake Rd to ride also. Look us up one day. I will be up that way sometime in April or May. Probably have another session of riding.

Russ

SLB400EX
02-09-2003, 07:15 AM
Rob and I are from Cen. Ohio, down in Coshocton county. Not much riding going on with us though, other than at our friends place and playing in the snow a bit, pulling our kids around on their sleds.
Patiently(HA) waiting for Wayne Nat'l and Perry to open back up.
Have plans in the making to head to Silver Lake in Apr!! I can't wait to go up and play in the sand!!!!!!!!!!

Later guys..
Sher

RED121572
02-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Hey SLB,

Im apart of the Silver Lake crew, Ill see you guys there!

Russ, a few of us are taking a trip to Silver Lake, April 12th. Be there or be square!:blah

Be sure to let me know when you head home, so we can ride. But this time, Ill show up at 6am, instead of 7am. lol

SLB400EX
02-09-2003, 01:56 PM
So I heard you're goin' too! Cool. You gonna stay thru Sunday?

Right now, for us, plans are to head up to MI Fri a.m.(the 11th). Head home that Sunday morning. Ride as much as possible in between.
When we get set as to where we're staying and what-not, either I'll holler at ya or powerslider will, we'll all have to hook up at the dunes.

Later...Sherri

TRXMaddness
02-10-2003, 07:01 AM
Kent,
I can't promise that I will be able to make it to Michigan in April. I know with the ride coming up in May I might not be able to make that one. I have plans on taking some leave in May for my birthday and also for the ride at 4punks and also to go home. I will try for that weekend, but I can't promise to be there in Michigan.

Russ

lil400exman
02-13-2003, 06:26 AM
i mgiht be up there that weekend in aprial at silverlake i got family in alliance.............so i know where you allare talkin about...........you dealers tried rippin me off the c-dale one.........i was in there pickin up plugs for the r they wanted like 5buks a plug and then i got on em and got them for like 3 buks a plug........:rolleyes: :p hey where kokosing is doin the work by wooster i surveyed alot of that in there........:D

HONDATECH
02-28-2003, 04:53 PM
How is the Perry State forest riding area? I've been to Wayne national forests riding areas by Nelsonville (Dorr Run, Snake Hollow, and New Straightsville) and to the area down close to Ironton (Falling Rock) by the Ohio river. Was curious about the state forests riding areas like Perry, Richland Furnace, and Maumee up by Toledo. Are they cool areas to ride?

RED121572
02-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by HONDATECH
How is the Perry State forest riding area? I've been to Wayne national forests riding areas by Nelsonville (Dorr Run, Snake Hollow, and New Straightsville) and to the area down close to Ironton (Falling Rock) by the Ohio river. Was curious about the state forests riding areas like Perry, Richland Furnace, and Maumee up by Toledo. Are they cool areas to ride?

Out of all of those places, Ive only been to Wayne.

TRX,

If your going home after the ride at 4punks, let me know if you want to get together and ride that week. Ive got that week off.

RED

SLB400EX
02-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Perry can be a cool place to ride.
Honestly, I would advise you to go with someone who knows the trail system, at least for your first trip there. The trails aren't marked very well at all and it is real easy to get lost. Been there .. done that. Rob and I have been there several times and can still lose our way when by ourselves. Had a ride there last fall with another guy who knows the place like the back of his hand and we had a blast. That was a great ride.
The trails for the most part are tight, twisty and not well maintained.
There are some killer hills to climb there, if you're into that kind of thing.
My favorite....going down the stair-cased water fall and riding thru the creek. :D
Seeings how you've been to Wayne..to compare WNF and Perry is like comparing night and day....

Hope this helps..
Sher