PDA

View Full Version : Bike wont start?

rummel
05-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Need some help we were at the track and the bike was running just fine we shutdown the bike and are now unable to restart the thing. It makes like a spitting sound if we keep on kicking it. Some times it will even backfire when we keep kicking also. I thought i would try the NGK B7HS spark plug since it burned a little hotter than the B8HS. Still not having any luck at getting the bike to start.

drxracing
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM
check the reeds

rummel
05-31-2009, 02:07 PM
well i found out that he broke off one of the bolts that connect the exhaust to the head and there is oil everywhere would that cause the sputtering,backfiring, and wont start

quadrider79
05-31-2009, 03:31 PM
We were at a race last weekend and there was a 90cc apex that was backfiring and would not start. changed everything electrical, checked the reeds, and changed to a different carb. Ended up the crank seal on the stator side was not in place. Changed the seal and the bike started right up and finished both motos the next day.

rummel
06-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Well being up here in alaska we dont have all the cool tools and gadgets you guys have in the lower 48 like dyno test and compression tesster. But with the Help of G-Force powersports thank god for them it turnes out the top piston ring failed and we lost compression also got some dings in the head from the metal chunk banging around.