View Full Version : villapoto out for season

250r rider 88
05-31-2009, 08:39 AM
yesterday at hangtown RV's left knee that he tweaked from his 80's days came back to haunt him, he is out for the season, he said it himself and will undergo surgery and start getting ready for supercross

so now the question is can Reed find the speed to make the series interesting or is Allessi gonna walk away with it, either way i think now Suzuki takes both titles

05-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Chad Reed IS my favorite rider, and one of the fastest most consistent riders in supercross. But I must say, he flat out sucks outdoors. Like he lost all his mojo. I guess he's more of a supercross guy, but I think the outdoors is more exciting to watch.

I'm rooting for Alessi:macho

muddy400EX
05-31-2009, 04:05 PM
man i hope reed can get in his groove. i know hes not great outdoors but it would be cool to see him win:macho

05-31-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
man i hope reed can get in his groove. i know hes not great outdoors but it would be cool to see him win:macho

Yeah, that would be awesome if he won and I have mad respect for him because he is such a great rider.. but judging by the past 2 races he sucks tremendously outdoors. He needs to learn how to just pin it and hang on, I think he things things through wayyyy too much which ends up slowing him down in the long run.

k4f5x0r
05-31-2009, 05:13 PM
since RV is out im going for grant. but that really sucks that villipoto is out. he straight up hauled at GH

madskrillz2
05-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Chad Reed IS my favorite rider, and one of the fastest most consistent riders in supercross. But I must say, he flat out sucks outdoors. Like he lost all his mojo. I guess he's more of a supercross guy, but I think the outdoors is more exciting to watch.

I'm glad somebody besides a Reed hater said this. I'll be rootin for K-dub or Josh Grant.

TWISTED
05-31-2009, 06:38 PM
How about my boy, J-Law????? He's making quite the impression this year.........

05-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah. I have mad respect for reed but outdoors is not his thing.

I WAS rooting for RV, he's one of my favorite riders because you can see his potential, but now that he's out im upset. I also like Alessi and Grant, but im gonna pull for Alessi.

liljhall09
05-31-2009, 07:45 PM
I wouldnt say reed flat out sucks at outdoor , he actually did pretty good at hangtown

kawabunga
05-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Reed doesn't suck at outdoors, it's been 2 years since he last did it. He's finishing top 5, how does that suck???

I'm bummed that Villapoto is out for the season, it would have been intense to see him and Alessi battle to the wire:devil:

SRH
05-31-2009, 10:03 PM
reed is fast outdoors, dont knock him hes in his groove im sure as it progresses he will improve keep in mind the alessi and grant were the only ones in front of him, and you cant judge there speed by there indoor performance, there faster outdoors than indoors, id say reed is pretty consistent indoors and out just some of his competitors are hot and cold when it comes to mx and sx

treake
06-01-2009, 07:12 AM
How can any one say that Reed sucks outdoors? He hadn't done any testing prior to the start of the season, his mechanic didn't even build his bike until 2 weeks before the start of the season, Reed just got back from vacationing in Australia and he's finished in the top 5 the first two races. Cut the guy a little slack. I'm sure it's going to take him a little while to get into the swing of things.

It is a bummer that Villipoto is out. I was looking forward to some good battles between him and Alessi.

mxduner
06-01-2009, 07:19 AM
if my memory serves, the 1st year reed was on 450's he did kinda suck outdoors. The very next year i seen a brand new reed in the outdoors.He was posting fast lap times in practice, sometimes faster than r.c. on occasion. Just remember he signed his new deal on the wednesday before the gh round, as bailey mentioned. At hangtown it appeared to me he had picked up the pace later in the moto compared to gh. just my observation.

yea its a bummer to see that happen to rv.

Its nice to hear david bailey calling the races again. some may disagree

kawabunga
06-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by mxduner
if my memory serves, the 1st year reed was on 450's he did kinda suck outdoors. The very next year i seen a brand new reed in the outdoors.He was posting fast lap times in practice, sometimes faster than r.c. on occasion. Just remember he signed his new deal on the wednesday before the gh round, as bailey mentioned. At hangtown it appeared to me he had picked up the pace later in the moto compared to gh. just my observation.

yea its a bummer to see that happen to rv.

Its nice to hear david bailey calling the races again. some may disagree

Reed did have the fastest practice lap time at Glen Helen as well.

300extreme#8
06-01-2009, 07:54 AM
This is the difference between being the greatest and just another good rider. Carmicheal excelled in both supercross and outdoors. And so did Stewart. That's why I respect them more, and that's why they are the greatest. A lot of people hate seeing the same person win all the time, but when you work as hard as they do then what would you expect? Reed hasn't raced outdoors, I'm sure he is a little rusty, but right now I don't believe me wants it as badly as some of those guys in the outdoors this year.

TWISTED
06-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Its nice to hear david bailey calling the races again. some may disagree [/B][/QUOTE]

AMEN TO THAT!!!! I had enough of Emig and that other idiot.... I wish they would bring back Dave Despain as well... Him and Bailey were AWESOME commentators.....

XCRacer236
06-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by
AMEN TO THAT!!!! I had enough of Emig and that other idiot.... I wish they would bring back Dave Despain as well... Him and Bailey were AWESOME commentators.....

i like Bailey, but i get enough of Weigandt watching the GNCC races.

about RV, i think its hilarious. Kawi puts all this money on Bubba, and he skips a whole season. so they move on to RV as the next greatest thing, and is now out a whole season. i LOVE it.

SRH
06-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350

about RV, i think its hilarious. Kawi puts all this money on Bubba, and he skips a whole season. so they move on to RV as the next greatest thing, and is now out a whole season. i LOVE it.

oh so you feel good about other peoples misfortune...sick ****:scary:

250r rider 88
06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350

get your facts straight:

1.) Bubba's contract was up at Kawi, and with Monster being the main team sponsor and Bubba's blow out with them it was just time for him to move on, enter L&M racing
2.) L&M Paid him more to race for them and he was ready for something different, a new challenge if you will
3.) RV is the next greatest thing, every rider battles with injuries, old and new, and usually its the older ones that come back to bite them in the ***, which is exactly what happened to RV
4.) Stewart skipped this season because he doesn't have an outdoor ride because L&M is a SX only team, if he shows up at any of the nats its his own ordeal,
5.) know your facts before you post something as rediculous as what you just posted you really showed your ignorance on the subject:rolleyes:

BakerRacing40
06-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

have to agree here.. reed is the one i enjoy to watch.. at hangtown he laid back a lil at the start and turned it up toward the end.. hope he start's winning though.. and ya alessi is a crazy ***** mofo. i know there was atleast a dozen wrecks he had in that second moto.. lmao very exciting to watch these guys pushing as hard as they can.

and o bubba i can't stand him.. several reasons for that.. i'm even a yamaha guy and can't make myself root for him.

XCRacer236
06-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by SRH
oh so you feel good about other peoples misfortune...sick ****:scary:

NO! what cracks me up is that everyone blows up RV like he's some kind of god and is gonna dominate the the season, similar to what they did to Bubba just before he missed the 08 SX season, and now he's out for the whole season.

Originally posted by 250r rider 88
get your facts straight:

1.) Bubba's contract was up at Kawi, and with Monster being the main team sponsor and Bubba's blow out with them it was just time for him to move on, enter L&M racing
2.) L&M Paid him more to race for them and he was ready for something different, a new challenge if you will
3.) RV is the next greatest thing, every rider battles with injuries, old and new, and usually its the older ones that come back to bite them in the ***, which is exactly what happened to RV
4.) Stewart skipped this season because he doesn't have an outdoor ride because L&M is a SX only team, if he shows up at any of the nats its his own ordeal,
5.) know your facts before you post something as rediculous as what you just posted you really showed your ignorance on the subject:rolleyes:

lmao.

1. i was referring to Bubba being out of the 2008 SX the season JUST AFTER Kawi and everyone else said he was gonna dominate and everything else since RC was out of the picture. and then RV comes along and has a good rookie SX season. then when he's about to shine, BAM, he's out with a knee, just like Bubba.
2. this was the best thing you said... he switched because Kawi didnt offer him anything. they decided to focus on RV as their main rider. same thing happened to Reed at the same time, they didnt bother to try to get him to stay, and Kawi didn't try to keep Bubba. Thats when Roger DeCoster stepped in and offered Reed his deal.
3. i disagree with RV being the next greatest thing. thats just personal preference though. and yeah injury's catch up. why you think Bubba missed the 08 SX season in the first place?
4. no kidden. why you think Reed never showed up at the Nats?

mxduner
06-02-2009, 12:13 AM
3. i disagree with RV being the next greatest thing. thats just personal preference though. and yeah injury's catch up. why you think Bubba missed the 08 SX season in the first place? Actually injurys didn't catch up to stewart, stewy caught his own injury at washougal 07 national... just kinda geeked out on a slow *** corner.

you are correct like stated elsewhere r.v had his injury 'catch up' to him from his mini days.

I do not know how many nationals you have attended or how much bike racing you have done, or have attended any race schools, but if you done any of the above mentioned, or better yet all of the above, you would see that special talent that the lil f'er has when you watch him carve a corner... it's insane to watch in REAL life, not on t.v. but in real life.
over the past handful of years i have attended multiple nationals and watched this kid and watched all practices etc over the whole national weekends, trackside, at different sections of the tracks and with my stop watch he has layed down FASTER times on his lil 250f than almost every 450 rider, not just in full lap times, but in extreme h.p. demanding sections! horsepower hill, caterpillar hill, and r.c. triple. Only time will tell but as far as my eyes can see, he just might be 'the next greatest thing'

kawabunga
06-02-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by mxduner
I do not know how many nationals you have attended or how much bike racing you have done, or have attended any race schools, but if you done any of the above mentioned, or better yet all of the above, you would see that special talent that the lil f'er has when you watch him carve a corner... it's insane to watch in REAL life, not on t.v. but in real life.
over the past handful of years i have attended multiple nationals and watched this kid and watched all practices etc over the whole national weekends, trackside, at different sections of the tracks and with my stop watch he has layed down FASTER times on his lil 250f than almost every 450 rider, not just in full lap times, but in extreme h.p. demanding sections! horsepower hill, caterpillar hill, and r.c. triple. Only time will tell but as far as my eyes can see, he just might be 'the next greatest thing'

It was really fun to watch him last year at Millville. Even after he crashed he was putting down the hammer.

jrspawn
06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Its a shame what happened to RV, it was def his year to set the par for the rest of the field outdoors i feel.

I'll probably catch crap for saying this, but i think once Reed gets another race or two outdoors under him, he will be the one to beat. His consistency and strength will show! I think he's still getting in the groove of the outdoors deal, but once he's got it down, watch out! Reed will have another #1 plate.

Thank you
Justin