PDA

View Full Version : 04 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. Shutting Down

HunterChasse
05-30-2009, 08:44 PM
I was riding my sportsman, put 300 miles on the newly rebuilt motor, its agressive and goes good.....yet today as i was turning into a trail and gave it gas, the whole bike shut down, even the pod...which means it has to be electrical....any idea as to what it'd be??

hogriderkev
06-06-2009, 11:27 AM
I just went thru the same thing with my 04.5

First check the ground wires that are connected on the frame. Refer to you service manual if you can't find them.

If it isn't that there are some brown wires under the hood that can get corroded or come loose. Make sure they are good.

Thirdly, check out the connections on the wires to the cdi and the unit it hooks into below it. They are all under the hood near the stearing stem.

Good luck

Mav_KFX400
06-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Does it only happen when your turning?
Cuz my friend and i had a problem like this, this may sound dumb, but we both had a little rubber advertisement from the place we bought them on our key and when you would turn sharp it would get wedged in the gas cap and just shut the ATV off. We took them off and have never had that problem again.

KBROOKS400ex
06-26-2009, 12:10 AM
i had the same problem on mine and it was a recal from the polaris dealer and we got our 2004 500 fixed for free its a coil that goes on the handle bar and i cant remember what its called