PDA

View Full Version : Kasea Engine Problem

Baley69
05-30-2009, 01:02 PM
I have my sons 2002 Kasea Skyhawk 150 and the engine keeps cutting out at (or around) 1/4 throttle. It idles ok, but as soon as I hit the gas it sputters like it isn’t getting fuel.

I took the carburetor out, cleaned it, changed the spark plug, and tried adjusting the fuel screw while it was running and I had no luck.

I am out of thoughts and was hoping you guys could help me.

Thanks!

hardkoratvmxr
05-30-2009, 01:56 PM
have you tried changing any of the jetting? looked for intake leaks? does it run with the choke on?

Tyler01
05-30-2009, 02:21 PM
I used to have a 1987 Honda 125 and mine did the same thing. It idle found until you hit the gas come to find out I had a fuse that went bad on mine, so I changed it and it ran like new. So I would look for a fuse compartment and change the fuse and it should run like new. But I know it's not the carburetor but I never had one like yours so I don't know but good luck

Baley69
05-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
have you tried changing any of the jetting? looked for intake leaks? does it run with the choke on?

It does run fine with the choke on. What does that mean? I shouldnt have to change any of the jetting should I?

hardkoratvmxr
05-30-2009, 11:36 PM
if it runs fine with the choke on here is basically what that means.

When you turn the choke on it closes the throttle plate stopping a huge amount of air entering the engine. And when you do this it still gets a little air through that plate but essientially what you are describing is that it is running fine with the choke on but when you turn the choke off it runs like crap. I would inspect the intake boot from the air box to the carb and from the carb to the cylinder head. Because to me it sounds like you are getting way to much air into the cylinder. Take a water and soap mixture and spray it on the boots with the quad idling and look for bubbles that would be indicating a leak. Also make sure that they are securely bolted to the carb, if you have them to tight they may squeeze enough to allow more air in. Check those things first. Then check to see where your air screw is adjusted at by running it in all the way and checking the turns. Dont run it in to much just to where you feel it touch the carb. DO NOT CRANK DOWN. Now run the screw all the way out and look at the tip. If it is mushroomed, bent, or damaged in any way you are going to have to invest in a new carb as it has made a hole in the carb and there is no way to fix it.

SET THE STAGE
05-31-2009, 02:22 PM
if it runs better with the choke on, that basically means you're running lean and it needs more fuel.

i would definitely go through with the steps that hardkoratvmxr posted