PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Clutch Parts

Foxstar45
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I recently shattered 2 clutch plates and now am deciding to go with OEM replacement parts or aftermarket. I am looking for some advice from people who have changed springs, plates, baskets, etc.
Any advice would be appreciated!

grannysleeper
05-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Have you had the 2009 update yet? There's lots of threads on here about it...

Foxstar45
06-02-2009, 11:10 AM
No i didn't get it done that's likely why the discs failed but you never know with clutches they just wear out sometimes. My technician said it didn't look like i had dumped the clutch more than ussual or anything though.

grannysleeper
06-02-2009, 09:40 PM
You might be able to take it to the dealer and have them replace the clutch and install the 2009 update under warranty. They usually won't do this unless something breaks, which makes you a shoe-in for the repair. Other than that, from what I've seen Hinson makes some great clutch products to use in addition to the update, a lot of guys on here swear by them. It might be a little overkill on a basically stock motor, but for racing and modded motors, it's great stuff.

IOWAracer
06-02-2009, 11:23 PM
get 8 banshee plates grind one side of the ears to fit the basket and you wont have any problems...Also make sure you got all the old plate out of the motor i had a peice get into the crank and twist the crank and counter balancer gears (NOT CHEAP)

Broc

Foxstar45
06-03-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm going to split the motor to get it all out of there. I found all the big peices but i guess its the shrapnal thats the problem.

IOWAracer
06-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Good idea I neglected doing that and now I'm paying for it...(no pun intended)