PDA

View Full Version : Another tire thread.

fili
05-29-2009, 07:18 PM
what is the best back and front tires and sizes...

i ride in soft and hard soil, clay, alot of sand, some mx tracks (clay and soft/hard soil depending on weather) um...some trails...pretty much everything really...

i have been looking at rzr2 fronts and rzr rears....popular set up, i dont want a too heavy set up...kenda klaws or knarly xc...itp, which holeshots?

Thanks in advance.

florentino
06-02-2009, 08:17 AM
msr itp holeshots are the best all around tires.. also good for holeshots but .. they go fast... and the razors last longer.. make sure you go with a 2 ply for racing .. i have a set of new holeshots for races only. maxxis a chep and good ..

Scro
06-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Razr2 fronts/Razr rear is what I run, and wouldn't have it any other way. Don't bother with the 2-ply, or 4-ply even. 6-ply is the only way to go, if you don't have tireballs.

Flynbryan19
06-02-2009, 09:30 AM
As Scro said, Razr2 fronts and standard razr rears in a six ply. The weight is worth the trade off in puncture resisitance. You only want a 2ply tire for the mx track. 4-ply is better, but for the difference in weight its worth it to run the 6ply tire.

I've had Kenda's and they're a decent inexpensive tire, but they're not near the quality of the Maxxis tires.

Scro
06-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
As Scro said, Razr2 fronts and standard razr rears in a six ply. The weight is worth the trade off in puncture resisitance. You only want a 2ply tire for the mx track. 4-ply is better, but for the difference in weight its worth it to run the 6ply tire.

I've had Kenda's and they're a decent inexpensive tire, but they're not near the quality of the Maxxis tires.

I've weighed both sets of tires when they were new. The 4-ply were .2 pounds lighter than the 6-ply. It's not enough to tell a difference when you are holding one in each hand, much less when they are mounted up and riding on them.

Flynbryan19
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
I should have made myself a little clearer. lol The 4ply is better than the 2ply for puncture resistance, but the 6ply is the best. Unless your running strickly mx I'd only run 6ply tires.

fili
06-02-2009, 08:12 PM
i am going razr2 front, razr back...6 plys....i dont run on the track enough to get straight mx tires...

thanks guys.