PDA

View Full Version : Lazy friend

250x#93
01-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Listen to this my friend doesn't want to come ridin at my house because he is too lazy to get off his ***** and load his quad and come up to my place. His excuse for not ridin where he lives is that he has already rode all the trails there and it is boring. So don't you think it would make sense to come up here and ride some new trails.:confused: My sister has more ambition to ride than him. Oh well I pretty much gave up on him, have to find someone else to ride with.:grr

BlazingYamahaYz
01-04-2003, 12:32 PM
i had a friend that always wanted to go ridding, and now he NEVER wants to go..his excuse "its too boring, we already rode everywhere"....:rolleyes: but when 2fastandfurious and i ride, that kid comes to ride with us:huh he always talks about selling his bike cuz everything is boring, and buying a sled...and another time we were into paintball, we asked y he never bought a gun(we all had everything, and had to lend him r stuff) and he said "u guys will get tired of it"...2 years later, we are not playing anymore, and he is just now gettting a gun, and wont stop talking about it....long story short, i know it sux, u'll just have to find someone that will ride with u, and not be a lazy @$$....

marksuttonjr
01-08-2003, 10:42 AM
Doesn't sound like a lazy friend to me. It just sounds like a guy who is not addicted to riding like most people who get on these ATV web sites are.

redrider ex
01-08-2003, 10:48 AM
those guys sound like my brother n law i bought a 250x just for him to ride so i would have some one to ride with and he never wants to so the 250x just sits there.

2k2-300exnj
01-08-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by redrider ex
those guys sound like my brother n law i bought a 250x just for him to ride so i would have some one to ride with and he never wants to so the 250x just sits there.
i could always take it off ur hands...:D

redrider ex
01-08-2003, 04:31 PM
yea its for sale $1500

BlazingYamahaYz
01-08-2003, 08:04 PM
wow that is a sweet looking 250x....what mods does it have on it??

2k2-300exnj
01-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by redrider ex
yea its for sale $1500
who said anything about money?
lol u willing to part some stuff out?

QuadJunkies
01-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
i had a friend that always wanted to go ridding, and now he NEVER wants to go..his excuse "its too boring, we already rode everywhere"....:rolleyes: but when 2fastandfurious and i ride, that kid comes to ride with us:huh he always talks about selling his bike cuz everything is boring, and buying a sled...and another time we were into paintball, we asked y he never bought a gun(we all had everything, and had to lend him r stuff) and he said "u guys will get tired of it"...2 years later, we are not playing anymore, and he is just now gettting a gun, and wont stop talking about it....long story short, i know it sux, u'll just have to find someone that will ride with u, and not be a lazy @$$.... well heres one for ya... ever meet someone who says they ride and they are good and blah,blah,blah,..then you call them up to go and they say"oh.. I cant today..I have blah,blah, blah, to do"..Funny how that happens...:rolleyes:

"BLAHH"300!!
01-16-2003, 11:08 PM
dude i ride wih is pretty busy, i'll give him that. but on the days when he could ride 50% of the time he'd make it. he works in the A.C. buisiness so he works most of the summer weekends. in the winter he's off most of the time. that good, but it sux too. couse it's cold in the winter, and the river's up.
i'd just go by myself. i've riden all the trails around my house within' a 8 mile radious. i live kinda in the country so taking off on a paved road is not really a big deal. i'd get chased off this land, go ride on that land. chased off that land, stop think what other land that guy owns, stay off that and ride somewhere else.....
i notice all the really good places are owned by old azzholes...and they all remind me of the old man on the cartoon
"couriage the cowardly dog"...but hey..i still have plenty of land that i can ride on, some mine, some belongs to a company, some belongs to a neiborhood, i find trails made by other quads all the time, but i never see another quad on any of the trails...sometimes i'll make sure to be noticed so if the person see's me they'll come ridin'....they never do. well this one time i found a guy with this macho lookin 4x4 quad...he sucked though i'm on a 2x4 with race cut plastics, 18" tire's and he wants to go mud ridin'...no thanx...i'm kinda anal about keeping my bike clean. it's not the greatest ya' know, but it's mine...spritz it off before i ride, wash that fuggah when i get home...even if it's not muddy,
wisk, water, and a rag with windex....
it does get boring riding alone, but if you didn't go riding you'd prolly be stuck inside the house playing offroad fury on playstation2....

....JUST DO IT....

250x#93
01-17-2003, 01:42 PM
Yeah the only problem is I don't have a playstation.:p

"BLAHH"300!!
01-17-2003, 02:55 PM
all the more reason....

i don't have a ps2 either, got a ps1, but i lost all my games. leavin' em', here threw em' away or somethin' i don't know.....
found 007 and tony hawk 3 like 4 day's ago.....i was cleanin' up havn't seen em' since...think i threw them out...

HondaRancherES
01-17-2003, 10:30 PM
I have a friend like that. We used to ride everyday hot or cold rain or shine snow sleet or ice. Now all he wants to do is sit in front of the TV. Plus school is taking some time away too.

Braff1
01-18-2003, 03:16 AM
This sounds like my brother. He saved up for a new z-400, white. first one the shop had gotten in. He rode it about 4 times, then we went to MP for the weekend where he flipped it 6 times. Since then the excuses are, it's too hot/cold, I'n too tired, I have to watch my kids (it's ok I'm taking my kids they all have quads too). I just give up on him and went found some other people to ride with.

660bigdaddy
01-18-2003, 06:47 AM
list of excuses:
1. it's too cold
2. it's too muddy
3.it's too dusty
4. it's too hot
5. my quad won't start , can you fix it?
6. my wife won't let me.
7. (we have one guy that uses this one about every sunday we ride.) i have abirthday party to go to.
8. i'm still waiting for parts.
9. ya that sounds good. then not show up.. be a man. keep your word.
now my excuses
1. i broke my leg.
2. i bent the shift fork on my tranny.
right now i'm in a full cast and i still rode my buddies quad that is setup for ice racing yesterday.

QuadJunkies
01-18-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
This sounds like my brother. He saved up for a new z-400, white. first one the shop had gotten in. He rode it about 4 times, then we went to MP for the weekend where he flipped it 6 times. Since then the excuses are, it's too hot/cold, I'n too tired, I have to watch my kids (it's ok I'm taking my kids they all have quads too). I just give up on him and went found some other people to ride with. I hear ya there!! I have sked this local rider I dont know how many times... and ther is ALWAYS and excuse.. sheesh I am beginning to wonder if he even owns a zilla..:rolleyes:

2K1 300EX
01-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
i'd just go by myself. i've riden all the trails around my house within' a 8 mile radious. i live kinda in the country so taking off on a paved road is not really a big deal. i'd get chased off this land, go ride on that land. chased off that land, stop think what other land that guy owns, stay off that and ride somewhere else.....
i notice all the really good places are owned by old azzholes...and they all remind me of the old man on the cartoon
"couriage the cowardly dog"...but hey..i still have plenty of land that i can ride on, some mine, some belongs to a company, some belongs to a neiborhood, i find trails made by other quads all the time, but i never see another quad on any of the trails...sometimes i'll make sure to be noticed so if the person see's me they'll come ridin'....they never do. it does get boring riding alone, but if you didn't go riding you'd prolly be stuck inside the house...

Sounds exactly like me, I ride alot by myself....every now and then I'll run into someone else but it's rare.

Chanman420q
01-18-2003, 02:01 PM
or begginer riders i dont like them cuz they fall behind or cant do what the trail dishes out.

My friend bought a 85 LT230 and we went ridin, well... hills were his flaw of the day. I had to drive it up EVERY hill. AND down them. sheesh

He got better, actually pretty decent now

And my other friend bought a 97' Blaster.. wow i regret ever askin him to come... :(

RED121572
01-18-2003, 06:40 PM
My buddy is like that. We are always talking quads at work. When it comes right down to it, Ill get him to go riding with me maybe twice a year. (I normal ride every weekend, If I dont, I get cranky. :D)

Lately, Ive been roaming this site and researching clubs for new faces and places to ride.

As someone pointed out earlier, some of us just have the riding bug worse than others.:D

muff
01-20-2003, 12:47 PM
lol you should hear this one kid that I rode with the other day, he was talking about how when he gets a sport quad he's gonna be jumpin 60+ft tabletops and stuff with us, and the other day it took him quite a bit of time to get the courage to back it off the truck :huh i mean really

as for not wanting to ride, I use to always ride by myself, I always ride with someone when I go somewhere but when I ride the trails around here its usually just me, theres a kid I like riding w/ but he's lazy to, one day we went to think beat up local track, he didnt like it cause it was to rough so he went back to his truck and got a towel and sunglasses and he layed in the sun the rest of the day

Fender Bender
01-20-2003, 03:56 PM
people that dont ride their quads and let them sit, even when they can go ride dont know how good they have it. My dad wont let me ride the R for these reasons- youll get it dirty; the neigbors will get mad; the neabors will notice you outside, and watch you, and we dont want them theives to see it; it has paddle tires on it( i knew that, i wanted to swap em out); we need to save the gas, not until you blah blah blah, and by the time i get done, its too late. When i get to ride, i ride to the fullest, i rarely take breaks at sahara unless i need a drink or something. Theres a cool chick i know that likes to go riding with us, she has an atc250r, and she has to be the FUNNEST people to ride with cause shes not worried about being better than me like the fellas..:o

Chanman420q
01-20-2003, 04:27 PM
not that i like people who are always trying to be better, but i like to ride with people who are better sometimes, u learn new things and get a better feel on how things are done

muff
01-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
not that i like people who are always trying to be better, but i like to ride with people who are better sometimes, u learn new things and get a better feel on how things are done

yeah they help push you and you push yourself and you learn stuff you didnt know and you get better

Fender Bender
01-20-2003, 05:02 PM
In a way, she IS better than me, and she pushes me to jump big dunes somtimes, cause shes afraid, so your getting better (or hurt:huh ) either way.