PDA

View Full Version : Need to change rear clutch spring, can someone tell me how?

RapKor
05-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Pretty much a newbie here, can someone tell me how to change the springs on the rear clutch (what tools will I need etc)? Some pics would be great. By the way it is for a DRR 90 l/c. Thanks I could use the help!

raptorobbie
05-29-2009, 06:54 PM
go down a few threads from yours and read "rear clutch nut size removal tips" - that will help. The large torque spring is pretty self explanatory.

The 3 smaller shoe springs are a little tougher. I choose to slide the shoes off in unison to change the springs instead of trying to use something to stretch and remove the spring or pliers.

oldyeller
05-29-2009, 09:10 PM
I have just been through this and am still working on the rear clutch....I didn't have a problem changing the 3 small springs using a small set of vise grips..You may need to reposition them a couple of times till you can find the right angle to twist the end of the spring out..

Logan #34's Dad
05-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Go to the ztr web site (see below) and watch the video of them using the ZTR clutch tool and buy the tool and all your worries will be solved.

etondaddy
05-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by RapKor
Pretty much a newbie here, can someone tell me how to change the springs on the rear clutch (what tools will I need etc)? Some pics would be great. By the way it is for a DRR 90 l/c. Thanks I could use the help!
PM me your number and I'll walk you through it.

Mike Kozura