PDA

View Full Version : ATV Video Games

LuvDirt
05-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Anyone play any ATV Video games? I've been into the MX vs. ATV series ever since I got my PS3, but I've been following the newest one, Reflex, like crazy.

They just put a new trailer up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PtwyJnRqyE

The game looks sick, it's supposed to be the most realistic ATV engine ever, with stuff like nicks in the road messing up your steering.

Anyone else excited for this, or have any other good ATV games to recommend?

631kfx400
05-29-2009, 03:03 PM
3rd or fourth thread with that trailer

LuvDirt
05-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh, my bad. I'm new here, sorry.

Well, maybe it's an old trailer, not a new trailer.. but it looks sick, doesn't it?

Dan_Guetter
05-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Not really excited for it. Last game was a bust for me.

Unleashed still gets my #1 vote.

deathman53
05-29-2009, 03:30 PM
my favorite is atv offroad 2 and atv vs mx unleashed. The others are too cartoonish and not realistic. I like atv quad power racing 2, not for it realisticness, just for it fun factor and being able to do stuff that you can't do in reality. Lets be serious here, jumping off a cliff w/ big drop and flat landing just isn't possible in real life, nor is jumping across a river and blasting through it at 50.

motofreak2772
05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Idk I like untamed... Im curious to see how this body control will work out, and the crash corrector. the rut system seems cool, hopefully its not a preset change or its not super glitchy and make online play even gayer. But idk I will still by and play it.

gcart2
05-29-2009, 08:24 PM
i just want to do a backflip.

XCRacer236
05-29-2009, 09:09 PM
ATV Offroad Fury 2 and MX vs. ATV Unleashed (PS2) i think are the only good games about our sport that has come out. love both of them. ill buy this one just to have though. hopefully i'l like it

SRH
05-29-2009, 09:11 PM
i liked the story line and stuff of atv orf 4 i didnt mind the cartoony stuff because it was fun....not excited about the newest simulation.....why make it so real that you might as well go outside and ride...

if they had a game with amateur tracks, u work your way up , get a factory ride etc with a bit of a story line id buy it, til then...nawww

PhilMoore
05-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I have all the PS2 atv games. i put a lot of time on them. But, I am pretty sure I have put more time on PURE (online) than all the others combined. It is pretty awesome. I made it up to #24 on the race leaderboard, but have fallen to #40ish

I haven't even played untamed, I heard so many bad things about it. I haven't even seen it on the "sale" shelf ever.

honda400ex2003
05-30-2009, 09:50 PM
off road fury was the best until they sold out and got rid of the actual machines. the mx vs atv are good too. the quad power racing ones are suck. i wish i had a ps3. i have a psp and a ps2 only. steve

kawabunga
05-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Not really excited for it. Last game was a bust for me.

Unleashed still gets my #1 vote.

I'm with Dan on this one. But it will be interesting to see how it turns out. The fact that the terrain changes is pretty cool though.

Snipe
05-31-2009, 11:06 AM
There was one recently made by disney (for real) and it was pretty awesome you could custume build everything about your quad.

631kfx400
05-31-2009, 11:14 AM
hopefully you start out with stock quads and progress from there

TrapZ400
05-31-2009, 08:01 PM
The new game looks sick!

I have been playing mx vs atv untamed for the ps2 a lot lately. At first I thought it sucked but once you get used to it its not that bad. I still like mx vs atv unleashed the most though with all the real teams and bikes and stuff. Untamed is fun to play when you get tired of all the tracks on unleashed. It keeps me entertained in the winter and when I am at college and stuff.

LuvDirt
06-01-2009, 02:31 PM
I really enjoy the other games in this franchise, but I can see why people may not like the last one. There are times when the controls are a little too floaty.

I was reading on IGN, though, and apparently the developers are basically redoing all the game physics, which should eliminate that. That plus the road deformities may make this really awesome.

LuvDirt
11-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I wanted to bring this back up (beats starting a new thread) since the demo for Reflex is coming out this Thursday! Is anyone else getting it?

Canadian144
11-10-2009, 02:36 PM
I wish someone would come out with a new ATV game...

One that had Sport quads, SxSs, and Utilities. Also REAL quads instead of fake ones, also REAL upgrade parts. In addition, WAY more types of racing, such as mud bugs, rock crawls, trail riding (time limit maybe?), etc etc.

motohanks
11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm definitely downloading the Reflex demo as soon as I can and getting the game the first few days it's out. I can't wait :D

LuvDirt
11-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Canadian144
I wish someone would come out with a new ATV game...

One that had Sport quads, SxSs, and Utilities. Also REAL quads instead of fake ones, also REAL upgrade parts. In addition, WAY more types of racing, such as mud bugs, rock crawls, trail riding (time limit maybe?), etc etc.

I wish we could see some pro ATV riders in games. Maybe it's just not popular enough as far as the video game world is, but who knows? Maybe they'll consider it more in the future. I still look forward to doing some fun riding in the game

SRH
11-10-2009, 05:28 PM
these games lack storyline, atv offroad 4...was a blast imo, realism...if i wanted it to be just like real life id go out and ride.... if you took reflex and put a storyline to it, and worked your way up to a factory pro...id buy it..

LuvDirt
11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SRH
these games lack storyline, atv offroad 4...was a blast imo, realism...if i wanted it to be just like real life id go out and ride.... if you took reflex and put a storyline to it, and worked your way up to a factory pro...id buy it..

That sounds like a good idea for another game. I mean that's like saying "I want to play Madden starting out as a high school football player and work my way up". Me, personally (and other people might feel the same) don't really play a game like this for story or narrative. Just something to pick up and play and have fun with without having to spend too much time at once playing it. That's why i'm not into shooting games or RPGs. Too much time. I like to have a life too. lol

I understand what you mean though.

At least the game features not only factory pros but they got a Privateer like Kurt McCabe in there. Those guys don't get enough attention but work three times as hard as anyone else.

TrapZ400
11-10-2009, 07:14 PM
I just want to know what atv pros will be in it...... They have already announced pretty much all the bike guys

cased
11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
personaly i liked pure alot even though it was like wow fake but hey disney made it pretty good "P

SRH
11-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by LuvDirt
That sounds like a good idea for another game. I mean that's like saying "I want to play Madden starting out as a high school football player and work my way up". Me, personally (and other people might feel the same) don't really play a game like this for story or narrative. Just something to pick up and play and have fun with without having to spend too much time at once playing it. That's why i'm not into shooting games or RPGs. Too much time. I like to have a life too. lol

I understand what you mean though.

At least the game features not only factory pros but they got a Privateer like Kurt McCabe in there. Those guys don't get enough attention but work three times as hard as anyone else.

yeah i never felt like it was a game, no motivation to beat the levels, everybody gets the code first week the games out to unlock evertyhing...its just basically a simulation of real life...in which case i might as well ride outside...thats just how i feel

LuvDirt
11-11-2009, 11:53 AM
SRH: I understand how you feel. Me and my friends that play online we love organizing tournaments among ourselves and raking up achievements. It's fun and competitive plus pretty cool when none of us even live in the same state. haha

cased: I tried Pure. I didn't like it much. Didn't give me enough variety. It was cool that in concentrated mainly the ATVs though. don't see that much.

I love moto and ATV so this game's right up my alley.

liex21
11-11-2009, 08:09 PM
i agree with you SRH i think a story line would be sick and i hate the cartoonism i liked the moding you could do in pure but otherwise i thought it was horrible just to unrealistic...i would love if they had real tracks like glen helen and unadilla.im kinda wishing for a forza of the atv world.

cased
11-12-2009, 06:31 AM
luv dirt: yeah personally i liked the fact that you could build your atv from the ground up and the insanity of the tricks i did a triple back flip down the ski lift if you do it on xbox 360 you get an acheivment

Exrider434
11-12-2009, 11:31 PM
anyone else play the demo yet?

Nac's22
11-12-2009, 11:38 PM
I have it downloading right now while I'm doing my homework.... damn college!

Exrider434
11-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Haa already did mine, I only played the game for a little bit but wowwww it's sick. Hard at first but once you get the hang of the body movement it's sweet. 1000000x better than untamed for sure

motohanks
11-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
anyone else play the demo yet?
I did, the new reflex system definitely takes some getting used to. I'm slowly getting better. I'm playing on PS3, which console do you have?

SRH
11-13-2009, 01:37 AM
wheres the demo available for 360?

Exrider434
11-13-2009, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by motohanks
I did, the new reflex system definitely takes some getting used to. I'm slowly getting better. I'm playing on PS3, which console do you have?

i have ps3 as well, its tricky though i think i crashed more in one lap than i ever did in the entire game of untamed or unleashed.

i like how you can save yourself from crashes too, its pretty neat.

rollie
11-13-2009, 07:40 AM
I hated the demo when i first played it but now i love it, the quad is ok to ride but the bikes are really fun, the track/ruts really do change from lap to lap its crazy, the track in the demo is modeled after southwick and by the third lap your bouncing all over the place, just like in real life, its hard to get used to but you can also sort of get your own style which is cool.

The one thing i HATE is that the clutch is on the right side, stupidest thing ever, however hopefully when the game comes out they make it an option to put it back on the left.

Nac's22
11-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by rollie
I hated the demo when i first played it but now i love it, the quad is ok to ride but the bikes are really fun, the track/ruts really do change from lap to lap its crazy, the track in the demo is modeled after southwick and by the third lap your bouncing all over the place, just like in real life, its hard to get used to but you can also sort of get your own style which is cool.

The one thing i HATE is that the clutch is on the right side, stupidest thing ever, however hopefully when the game comes out they make it an option to put it back on the left.

X2! I'm sure in the full game you will be able to change it like always... well I hope atleast.

11-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I still am not a fan of the new game. It will make online racing more interesting though. I hope i can change the controls. I usually have the clutch as LT and brake as X. I really like the rut deal. But the movement in the air is retarded imo.

99cr500
11-13-2009, 12:29 PM
In the full game you can switch the controls.

DP #000
11-13-2009, 05:07 PM
theres no way to get the demo for 360 if you dont have live correct?

TrapZ400
11-13-2009, 06:29 PM
What quads are in the demo and what atv pros are in it?

SRH
11-13-2009, 09:17 PM
im dling it as we speak

99cr500
11-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
What quads are in the demo and what atv pros are in it?

There is only a fake LTR 450 in the demo. The bikes are fake Rmz 450 and 250 and you play as RC. No pro riders in the demo other then RC.

SRH
11-14-2009, 11:01 PM
wow im impressed game is awesome, i cnat wait for the full version

LuvDirt
11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
After really getting the hang of the controls, I really love this demo. The suspension of the quads seems like the closest to realistic i've ever felt in a game, I can powerslide and do donuts by just pushing on the gas. I love if you just keep doing donuts, you'll pretty much dig yourself in the ground. haha. It looks pretty cool.

I can't wait til this comes out in 2 weeks!

honda400ex2003
11-16-2009, 02:29 PM
not another game i will have to spend another 60 bucks on. it should be worth it though. I just spent 95 friday night on metal gear solid and modern warfare 2. I havent even played metal gear since i started warfare first and havent quit playing it. lol. steve

LuvDirt
11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Damn, dude! lol That's why I only let myself buy 3 or 4 games a year. It adds up. Although Reflex is worth it. I've been making sure to save up for this ever since I found out the release date. haha

honda400ex2003
11-17-2009, 03:07 PM
i dont even have a ps3 yet. lol. i am going to be buying a 250 gb one here in a couple of weeks. lol. steve

LuvDirt
11-17-2009, 03:26 PM
you're gonna have a lot of games to catch up on then. haha good luck with that

honda400ex2003
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
so far my list is
modern warfare 2
metal gear solid 4
pure
grid
shawn white snowboarding
nppl paint ball

all good games so far.
I havent played anything but modern since i got it friday night though. steve

LuvDirt
11-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Those are all pretty much solid games. Haha you're gonna be busy for awhile, dude.

I was looking for pics from Reflex to set as my wallpaper and found a couple huge ones that are perfect. Thought i'd post them here too if anyone's interested:

They're huge so i'm just gonna link 'em
This one's my new wallpaper (http://i45.tinypic.com/e81fso.jpg)
this one's pretty awesome too (http://i49.tinypic.com/2qi2ofq.jpg)

honda400ex2003
11-17-2009, 05:49 PM
they look pretty cool, i cant wait to get it. it still doesnt seem as real as the pure stuff. Have you played pure to compare the two? steve

k4f5x0r
11-17-2009, 05:54 PM
i dont get how anybody likes the gameplay of pure. In my mind it was horrible. tracks were garbage and the jumps were so fake.

I have played both and will agree that reflex destroys it in gameplay. the dual joystick riding is way more fun and realistic in reflex(you can actually slide the quads and bikes around now).

honda400ex2003
11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
i think the same with the pure but it still was cool to be able to setup your own machine with just about any aftermarket part. i have 450s setup just how i want i think it is cool. if you guys say that reflex is better i cant wait to see how awesome it is. steve

k4f5x0r
11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
yea the customization in pure was awesome, but the gameplay killed it for me.

reflex is so fun, even though its only the demo i still play it every day just to keep myself sane while we wait until december :p

SRH
11-17-2009, 09:11 PM
its great how u can hit ruts and berms on the bike just like real life and u gotta setup and break and move your body weight to rail them...same with the quad break sliding or hammering the throttle at the right point to get u thru the turn

LuvDirt
11-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I've heard Reflex is gonna have some customization in it too. Guess we'll have to wait a couple more weeks before we see how it works. Pure just got boring for me fast and I didn't like the controls. Reflex definitely feels more in-depth.

Let's take a break from the game from a moment. I found this commercial for the Reflex demo. It's definitely not like most game commercials. It's better. haha. Why? It's got hot chicks in bikinis!

New Reflex commercial (http://bit.ly/3A19zV)

Nac's22
11-18-2009, 12:28 PM
If they came with the game I'd buy 4!

LuvDirt
11-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Nac's22
If they came with the game I'd buy 4!

Now you're just being greedy! lol

honda400ex2003
11-18-2009, 07:53 PM
broke down and bought myself a new 250 gb ps3 tonight. oh yeah, hdmi, extra red remote too baby. cant wait to get it out of the box this weekend. til then i will just keep playing my roommates. lol. steve

LuvDirt
11-19-2009, 12:29 PM
I would've done the same thing. Was it the slim PS3? Really wish those came out sooner, I would've just gotten one of those. lol

With all those games to play, kiss your life goodbye! lol

honda400ex2003
11-19-2009, 03:56 PM
I cant let that happen. I have to do school work first then the games. I think it is the new slim im sure it is, i bought it brand new last night. steve

LuvDirt
11-19-2009, 06:16 PM
you've got some major will power, but that's a good thing, dude. I wouldn't be able to wait. guess i'm a slacker. haha enjoy

honda400ex2003
11-19-2009, 06:21 PM
dont get me wrong it gets played everyday, it just depends on how long. lol. steve

LuvDirt
11-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Just saw one of the first reviews (that i've found, at least) for Reflex. It got a 9.1 out of 10. The reviewer new a little something about riding too. Not just some ol' gamer nerd. lol

XBOX Addict Review for Reflex (http://bit.ly/7BoXNQ)

Posted the link since he mentions some new info on the game like the improved multiplayer mode and the tracks. We're gonna be set up with 41 tracks to start. Man, that is unreal! You know they're gonna add some additional tracks for download too. this game is gonna take up all my time!