PDA

View Full Version : mike harper

dcarter
05-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Okay, let me say i am not pointing any fingers, but i read some post's and they hinted toward mike harper.
Let tell those who do nor know mike a few things.
First i meet mike for the first time last year in alabama and he was a very nice guy. he and hunter pitted with us at the next few rounds and we bacame friends.
Then when we were on our way to new york, we had some work done to our motor home and it was bad work! We broke down on the other side of memphis, i called mike and told him we had broken down. He drove all night long to catch up to us and hooked on to our trailer and took my son's and headed to new york while i stayed behind nad tried to fix the problem. After new york our motor home was down for the rest of the year. mike pulled our trailer to some of races so we could go. i do not think many people would do that.
Now here is something a lot of people do not know. Mike has kidney problems he has to take med's every day just to stay alive. after racing season this year they are going to have to go in and take all of his insides out to remove a tumer the size of a foot ball that is behind his lungs. Do you here him complaining? NO!
last year when things didn't go so well for hunter mike did not say anything, he worked two jobs all winter and worked with billie holt and lucky nichols to put a better bike together for this year. Hunter also works to help pay for racing.
THIS IS WHAT THE SPORT SHOULD BE ABOUT!!!!!!!
now jerry havrick is helping mike with his motors at the races and it shows.
I PERSONALY THINK MIKE AND HUNTER HAVE EARNED EVERYTHING THEY GET AND I FOR ONE AM VERY PROUD OF BOTH OF THEM !!
I can tell anyone who want's to know hunter's motor is legal.
Give them there due, they have worked hard to earn it and that should be respected by all.
mike is a great freind of mine and i will do anything to help him and hunter as long as they race!
keep up the good work mike and hunter, i have your back!
DAVE!!!!!!!!!

mini racer #39
05-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks you Dave I don't think anyone could have said it better. Mike and Hunter are great people who deserve better then what they are getting. I could go on about some things but I won't. You have said it all. Mike has helped us out a lot this year also. He ALWAYS puts the kids first before himself (this also includes Erik). It is kinda upsetting that people always assume that if your fast then your cheating. Well in this case it's NOT true. We want to be the first to congratulate Hunter and Mike on their win last weekend at Steel City. You road your heart out and we are all very proud of you kiddo.
Erik Havert Racing

mxdad423
05-29-2009, 08:28 PM
I just had the pleasure of meeting Mike and Hunter for the first time last weekend at Steel City, and I am very happy I got to meet them, Mike and Hunter both are class A guys. I spent all weekend with the Harpers in the pitts and had a great time. I just met them and they were already going out of their way to help me.
I watched the 90 CVT class, seeing how Brandon is in that class to, LOL. And believe me Hunter earned the win, the boy can ride, plain and simple, I also know who builds his engine and I can tell you for a fact it is 100% legal, the rider won the race with a great leagal engine and great riding ability and that's all there is to it, end of story....
GREAT JOB Hunter, keep up the great work, you deserve every win you get, and Mike, if there is EVER anything you need you just give a shout.

Kevin Smitley

woodsracer144
06-10-2009, 09:22 PM
i dont know mike or hunter but i gotta say some of the best times i've ever had are meeting people at the race tracks and they are nice... you have the not so nice as well but a while by in 6 hours of america my buddy and his tow other team mates were leading it with a 450r and the guy who owned and was racing the quad in second i think gave my buddy his BNITB DID gold x ring chain and they got the chain on and won the over all... it was crazy... best of luck mike and hunter... these minis are fun as heck... im gonna start a build soon i think