PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong here?

Ryan
05-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Well, I was out riding, messin around. Had a friend with their camera catchin a few shots... I noticed in the picture below, something doesn't look right? I don't know if my axle is bent, or maybe a rim... Or maybe something else? I can't tell by looking at the quad itself. I know when I run a wheelie down the field, I always seem to turn to the left.

What do yall think :confused: ... Should I worry about it?

Ryan
05-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Heres a couple other photo's from that day... I was tryin to get a shot up on one wheel here, as you can see the tires spinning... I didn't have enough tread left to pull the front end up from this position. :o

Ryan
05-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Commin out a little sideways

Ryan
05-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Got a bunch more, but my camera lady wasn't so good with capturing pictures... She kept complaining I was moving to fast for a shot :p .

Also, you can see in this video how the quad goes to the left on the back wheels. I know the PSI is identical in both tires. Maybe I just need a new set of rubbers :confused: .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgulcPHT8AM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgulcPHT8AM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yamahaman623
05-29-2009, 01:50 PM
try switching the tires around and if it still pulls to the left then its probably your axle or something else. but if it pulls to the right then its your rims or tires

Ryan
05-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Good thinkin, it didn't even cross my mind to do that. :o ... I've had this problem since I picked it up from the yamaha dealer. I wasn't sure if there was some sort of alignment adjustment on the rear, but I don't think so......

mxpimp2000
05-31-2009, 09:28 AM
put the bike on a stand or have someone hold the rear end off the ground while u start it and put it in gear. give it some gas but not wide open just enough to get wheels spinning and u can tell if something is bent if tire wobbles, u can tell by looking at the axle if its that or not. if u still cant tell pull the wheels off and then try it.

if its pulling to one side like u say check ur tire pressure cause thats the main thang when riding wheelies, youve got to have same pressure in both tires. you use ur weight by shifting side to side to make the quad turn while riding a wheelie

or go down the road wide open and if it beats u to death ull know something is bent. u can look down at the wheels and see them if something is bent

Gommer450r
05-31-2009, 04:44 PM
If your tryin one wheel wheelies then i can almost say its goin axle alot of stress and wieght on that one side

seen alot of buddys with 660 raptors do this and thats what would happin everytime

Ryan
05-31-2009, 05:35 PM
I'll check it out tomorrow and figure out whats wrong with it... I know my pressure is the same in both wheels, I even dropped some extra pressure out of the right side and it still pulls left. I lean as much as I can to keep it straight when need be, but it still pulls pretty hard. And it seems to ride pretty smooth on the pavement. I'll jack it up tomorrow and get the wheels spinnin and check it out.

And I don't really try to do 1 wheel wheelies ;) , unless I see a camera :p But if I do ride on the side wheels, I tend to ride on the left side and lift the right up. I really need to put some new rear tires on there. But i'll find out if I gotta get a new rim as well, tomorrow.

Gommer450r
05-31-2009, 07:51 PM
no i mean alot of pressure on that one wheel from takin all the weight and tourqe