PDA

View Full Version : help me with front break bleeding

tants
01-04-2003, 09:24 AM
on my quadracer i drained all the break fluid out of the front break lines when i took the entire quad apart to rebuild it.
a kid is coming tommrow to buy my quad and this has to be fixed today. i tried rebleeding my break lines a few times but no fluid leaves the fluidbox on top of the handlebars and no fluid goes in the line. what can i do?

thanks

01-04-2003, 09:28 AM
Well looks like you go no pressure and maybe there could be air in your lines? Are you sure you put them back together right?

QuadRacer041
01-04-2003, 09:47 AM
u need to bleed the air out. start by topping off the fluid, leave the top off for now, and open the bleeders on the calipers to let them gravity bleed for like an hour. then close em make sure your fluid is still topped off, then bleed the master. pump the lever 3-4 times, hold it and open and then close the banjo nut that holds the brake line to the master. repeat this 5-6 times. then pump the lever 3-4 times, hold it and then open and close the left caliper bleeder remember not to release the lever and always make sure you have a enough fluid in the master. do that 5-6 times then move onto the right caliper and do the same. it may take a while but you will eventually feel preasure build up. make sure if you repeat anything do it in the order i said. if you bleed the calipers then the master your defeating the purpose.
if anyone knows any other methods feel free to explain.
if u have a vacuum pump it would make life easier though.

Teufel
01-04-2003, 10:08 AM
go to your nearest auto parts store and buy a brake bleeding kit for about $5. It is just a hose and bottle and allows you to do one side at a time. You place the hose over the bleeder and crack the bleeder. Keep the resivor full and pump away. This prevents you from sucking air back into the line and you don;t have to keep opening and shutting the bleeder

Glamis400ex
01-04-2003, 10:34 AM
I had the same trouble when I installed my stainless lines. Get a 1/4 inch inside diameter clear hose, a few feet, crack the bleeder and suck the fluid down into the lines........it worked for me.

Glamis

NTPRacing#19
01-04-2003, 12:42 PM
what do you mean "CRACK" the bleeder?i am goin to be tearin down my quad shortly and im wonderin how to bleed the lines also.

Glamis400ex
01-04-2003, 02:01 PM
cracking the bleeder simply means......opening it not more than 1/4 turn, that's all. Just enough to let the air out.

Glamis

Tommy 17
01-04-2003, 02:44 PM
i had the air lock in mine... i put a hose on the calipar bleeder and topped off the master cylinder... and i had to suck the fluid down into the lines... was a pain but it worked...

tants
01-04-2003, 06:46 PM
i dont have any clear tube laying around. and all auto parts placed are closed around me. i cracked the bleaders open and filled up on fluid and i let them stay open all day to see if gravity would help me out. im gonna go down now and screw around with it. i need this fixed tonight because the buyer is coming first thing tommrow morning. any other suggestions?

Pappy
01-04-2003, 07:07 PM
tants....wrap yer lips around the bleeder valve...and suck:devil

get pops to run you to wal mart....they sell a cheap bleeder kit:p

330exracer122
01-04-2003, 07:07 PM
well ur royally f****ed

tants
01-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
tants....wrap yer lips around the bleeder valve...and suck:devil

get pops to run you to wal mart....they sell a cheap bleeder kit:p

pops is at a mob meeting your somthing.

its saturday, you fotgot? DOH!

lmao

mabe gravity helped me out today cause i left the bleeder open. racerx just told me to take a tube off the carb, and ill suck threw that. ill inhale some gas but ill live. im waiting a little but untill my garage heats up a bit. its 15 degrees out.

ill let you guys know how it goes.

tants
01-04-2003, 09:46 PM
i did what lou said and it works. i kept pumpin the brake and it got strong. then i herd a fssssssssst sound. and the line just went loose again. where the metal brake lines connects to the rubber brake lines on the aarms. there was a bolt and it was loose. i keep tightenin it. i re did the process and it worked. i checked again and the line went dead and fluid came out where they metal and rubber meet. wtf is wrong?

stupid suzuki. i gave up tonight but tommrow mornin i gotta fix this.

330exracer122
01-04-2003, 09:48 PM
i think my post above does justice

01-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Maybe the rubber ring inside the caliper is worn? I not possibl a screw is loose or you put it together wrong or maybe even air is left in there still, keep pumping it tho, take the line off and pump a few times then put it ona nd pump a fww times then unloosen the screw a hair and pump around 5 times and then tighten it back up and try that?

tants
01-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 330exracer122
i think my post above does justice

well thanks!

330exracer122
01-04-2003, 09:53 PM
nething that helps z

tants
01-04-2003, 09:53 PM
lol. mabe its a washer?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

01-04-2003, 10:00 PM
u sure it's sealed properly, and also i dont think ti could eb awasher could it? and make sure everything is nice and tight once ya screw with em it maybe easy tking evryhting apart but a pain putting it together

Glamis400ex
01-05-2003, 12:14 AM
I had a washer not seating completely. I noticed when I saw a few drops of brake fluid on the ground. Check all your connections, and then check again....

Glamis

QuadRacer041
01-05-2003, 04:23 AM
if i understand what tants is saying the problem is in the line itself. you will need to replace it. its no big deal just tell the guy who's buying that the lines leaks and take $15.00 off the price of the quad.:D

tants
01-05-2003, 10:53 AM
guys thanks for all your help! there was a bolt loose where the brake lines connects to the metal brake line. i fixed it and the brakes worked fine. i just got back in. sold the bike for $2,100 cash
:D