PDA

View Full Version : hmf install question

BossHogg420
05-28-2009, 09:15 PM
putting on the sport series hmf i noticed the lower bracket on the exhaust and the fram dont match up there is an inch gap b/w the 2 i cant get it to go all the way up 2 the frame anyone have any ideas?

n811
05-28-2009, 10:26 PM
What lower bracket? I have the full system and there is only a top mount on the silencer?

BikeSwimLaugh
05-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Yep....I had the same problem!

I bought the HMF carbon-fiber slip-on. First-off, it doesn't even look like real carbon fiber, it's more like plastic with some imbedded carbon-fiber look to it.

Anyways, the muffler section itself has 2 threaded holes in it and when you tight into them you can hear some crackling as the outside of the muffler gets compressed into the triangle-shaped 3-hole plate (2 holes have bolts into the muffler, 1 hole for mounting to the quad's frame)...

Then there's the problem area referred to above: the pipe leading into the muffler has a flange with a hole in it and it attaches to the lower section of the frame....I had about a 1/2-5/8 gap as well. I just grabbed a big nut (which is equal to about 5 or 6 washers) and then added a few washers to make-up the difference of that gap...then just bolt-down on that. Crank down hard, use some lock-tite....you'll be fine.

So in short, just use washers or even a big nut to close the gap. I'm pretty sure the stock bolt still worked. Hope that helps.

The exhaust is loud...the exhaust gas pretty much flows straight out the rear with only some moderate baffling surrounding the muffler chamber. Heck, probably about the same sound as a straight-pipe....but then I wouldn't have paid the near $400 :D

BossHogg420
05-28-2009, 11:11 PM
yea i mean the top bolt holds it on and i know alot of the older versions only have one for some reason mine has two and the lower one is not properly placed. anybody run it with a gt thunder xc link..how much spaced is required to clear have 3 washers on there now but its hard to tell any ideas?

BikeSwimLaugh
05-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Sorry dude, not sure I understand your question...but I think it has something to do with the metric system???? :)

BossHogg420
05-28-2009, 11:31 PM
its ok, u'd understand if u had the link u gotta do some mods to fit it...