PDA

View Full Version : Warning> Please Read

Ralph
01-04-2003, 12:07 AM
I just had the scariest night of my life, long story short, a quad blew up house is burnt down and memories are lost. but thats not what im writing about

DONT TRY TO FIX A BROKEN GAS TANK YOUSELF!!

its impossible, dont play with fire around gas, and if there is a fire GET OUT dont worry about anything else but getting every1 out

luckily no1 died today, but there was a very close calls to 4 of us dieng, and possible the rest of his family....

and if ur thinking so, i didnt do it, it wasnt my idea or fault...

so just a random reminder that might save some lives, if u break a gas tank, BUY A NEW ONE

Lrd

UPDATE:
i didnt take pics , cause there were so many people and he is getting everythin better he is gettiong a moto, with a 2 car detached shed he is getting retail for his polaris, and new compressor, and anything else that he can find proof that he had and they are nocking it down and building a new house the plastic is melted on his shee and he is getting new that too...

Instinctz
01-04-2003, 12:10 AM
OMG!!!!!!!! You didnt clean it.. uhh... ahahhaha.. sorry... Im glad everyone is ok.. but I seriously think if someone is in their right mind, they can fix a gas tank. Just dont try and torch it or something........................... hehahhaha :rolleyes:

Ralph
01-04-2003, 12:17 AM
u know what **** YOU i realy dont need this ****, it wasnt me i was tryng to stop him and then it just happend, and not eaven a car reapair shop is alloud to touch a gas tanks and fix it. they have to be sent out and there is a special procedure that billy bob cant do

01-04-2003, 12:19 AM
i think they fill the tank with water or something weld it.....im not sure, was it plastic of metal tank? whos quad and house?

01 250exman
01-04-2003, 12:36 AM
:( that sux man.so what happand?

airheadedduner
01-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by 01 250exman
:( that sux man.so what happand?

If this where an inteligence test you failed.

J/k:rolleyes: :D

exriderdude
01-04-2003, 12:55 AM
:huh i have to take a crap

Sparky416ex
01-04-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by exriderdude
:huh i have to take a crap

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha...sorry that one just hit me hard
!

glad to hear everyone is ok...how the **** did it ignight?

roostin_dale
01-04-2003, 10:53 AM
jeesh there are tons of $H!TTY things going on right now! Was it your neighbor, friend, or what?

Ralph
01-04-2003, 11:38 AM
it was my friends house, and he was trying to melt wax over the crack just so it would leak temporarily, and we were telling him to stop and all the sudden it ignited and he picked it up and gast was dripping on him so he was scared and he dropped it and it went all over so me and my friend grapped his banshee and quickly pulled it out and the tire was on fire, and once the banshee was out i started shoveling snow onto the fire but then the polaris's tire exploded and i couldnt help it so his younger brother jumped in his car wich was pinned between the garage and a quad ans just barely was able to oull it away from the house before that thing blew up. we pulled all the other quads away, a warrior, banshee, 300ex ans as soon as we got to the end of his driveway the polaris exploded, it went about 10 feet in the air. and by then both sides of the garage were on fire and it started to get in his kitchen i dashed over to a neighbors house and told them to call the fire department when i got there they already had called so we go back over there and there was nothing we could do, but then his dog ran in the house. the kids younger bro ran back in the house grapped the dog got out and he said the whole house was full of smoke. about 10 minutes after they called we saw lights in the distance. they looked like firetrucks but through the think smoke we couldnt see. finaly they come close and it was a troop of plows... then another ten minutes and three copcars came, and ten minutes later 3 firetrucks came when they got out we ran up to them telling them exactly where the fire hydrants were,,, and they didnt eaven rush they calmy walked around for 5 minutes until they finaly got around to putting it out. then they had to cut holes in every room to let it air out, it turned out the whole downstairs burnt and the top was destroyed by water damage,,, so i guess they are knocking it down,,, btw they guy this happend to browses this board and was tryng to sell the banshee and polaris,,,

Juggalo
01-04-2003, 11:55 AM
this same thing happened to my friend down the road a few years back. his dad was working on the gas tank and dropped the light and it broke and caught everything on fire. 2 sleds and 2 jet skis blew up that where on a trailer next to the garage, his garage was gone as well as half of his house had severe fire damage, in the garage he lost his car, his hot rot he was building and just the normal stuff you keep in the garage.

i'm sorry to hear about your loss but hopefully it will teach some people an important lesson. remember if you have to mess with a gas tank drain it first, and be carful around anything flamable.

Ralph
01-04-2003, 12:14 PM
if u drain it its evenore dangerous cause the gases and fumes would explodes, the gas wouldnt explode. it would just burn

anyway, since he as been tryng to sell his quads to by a 400ex im going to try to collect some money for him to buy a 400ex, his member name is sprt400ex and we went back to the house and everything is gone, all there memories their house, everyting burnt inside. so if u guys want u can send me small donations to go towards a 400ex we will buy for him my paypal account is santaspitmachine@aol.com, and if we dont get much money we will just buy him new plastic for his banshee since they are toast...

Ryan
01-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Tell them it was an eletrical fire. Sorry to hear that though, that sucks :( . Im glad no one was hurt though. I hope you learned your lesson ;)

Ralph
01-04-2003, 12:19 PM
iu knew it was going to happen from the start, i just couldnt stop him

2k2-300exnj
01-04-2003, 12:26 PM
where in jersey did this happen? i feel bad maybe i can get like a 20 dollar donation or sometyhing im broke rite now but ill try to help... i need some good deeds on my list... im glad to hear everyone is ok...

Ralph
01-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Mahwah nj, Bergen County, i will get some pics of the house and the shee

Ralph
01-04-2003, 12:31 PM
i have another question...

if the title to the shee burned in the house what could he do?

2k2-300exnj
01-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Lrd Mx400ex
i have another question...

if the title to the shee burned in the house what could he do?
im sure if u explain that to the dmv or whever you would have to o that they could make a copy or whatever not to sure how it would work

Ralph
01-04-2003, 12:47 PM
i updated my first post

Rip_Tear
01-04-2003, 02:42 PM
That is crazy! Hope everyone is okay and he can prove what he owned, for insurance stuff. Never play around with anything flamable.

BIGRED400
01-04-2003, 02:54 PM
You can weld them,but it should be done by a good certified welder ...have seen my dad weld many up , If memory serves me I think you need to purge it with a good solid flow of CO2 steady going thru it while it is welded but only by good cert. welders !!!

bsb64
01-04-2003, 04:00 PM
At my job we weld gas tanks all the time. A few basic common sense ideas are helpful.

A) Emptyand clean out the tank (I mean,that one is obvious)

B) Have a fire extinguisher handy.Every shop should have one

C) Take it outside (thats why welding machines have cables on them)

D) Make sure it has no cap on it and it is vented

Same procedures go with blow torches

Ralph
01-04-2003, 05:44 PM
nvm guys, i dont need donations anymore, i will have some pics tongiht

01-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Man, everyone has been having bad luck lately sso many thread's of people having bad days and tragedy's wtf? Is it just the month's of december and january?

ZMAN
01-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Thats a bad deal and i hope everyone on here learns from this:( :(

01-04-2003, 07:46 PM
if the banshee only needs plastic and tires he shoudl be able to buy that stuff and sell it, he shoudl go to dmv they probaly hook him up with title

Ralph
01-04-2003, 08:45 PM
pics

Ralph
01-04-2003, 08:46 PM

Ralph
01-04-2003, 08:47 PM

Ralph
01-04-2003, 08:48 PM
hole in roof

Ralph
01-04-2003, 08:49 PM

bsb64
01-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Holy sh1t. If my kid did that to my garage I'd whoop his *** with a shovel. You gotta be kidding me. That is all from a guy welding his gas tank? with wax?

Ralph
01-04-2003, 09:31 PM
yup. and now he is getting a moto and a sportsman 700

mo.lakota
01-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Man that sucks big time . I hate when things like this happen . I knew some Guys who tried to cut open a propane tank to use for a water trough . It about Killed them both .
Now I know why i was concerned when my neighbor had his pitbull chained to the Natural Gas lines .

Now for my somewhat sadistic side , Man I would have loved to see a Polaris launch like that . Where was your video camera when you needed it . I guess that you can tell i dont like Polaris .

Did the Dude have any Insurance since it was in the house/garage he might want to check on that .

airheadedduner
01-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Seriously. When my friends atc250R had a hole in the tank we covered it with a band-aid. The gas melted it and it sealed it. Its still there and holding strong.:macho

2k2-300exnj
01-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Seriously. When my friends atc250R had a hole in the tank we covered it with a band-aid. The gas melted it and it sealed it. Its still there and holding strong.:macho
lmao that sounds safe

Ralph
01-05-2003, 02:57 PM
im going to say it again, the insirance is covering it and he is getting a MOTO and a POLARIS 700 and he gave the banshee to a friend

Benficachop
01-05-2003, 03:04 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Holy Sh1t...........oh my god thats crazy. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

flyin#5
01-05-2003, 03:33 PM
man that sucks

my aunt and uncles huge barn burned down on thanksgiving while we were all going over there so we showed up and it was in full raging fire. they had horses a crapload of hey 3 snowmobiles a motorhome and tons of othere things. the middle part with the hay and motorhome was burned to the ground. my cuzin was there when they were trying to get stuff out and they had to go underneath dripping plastic to get the quad out. there snowmobiles were gone and the motorhome looked like it was a hundred years old nothing left... they just moved there propane tank away from the shed a couple weeks b4 and its a good thing they did otherwise there house would have been gone too.

Sparky416ex
01-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Man, that was hard to believe before i saw the pictures. I've talked to you before LRD i know your not a liar...its just ive never saw anything like that! I'm glad hes getting a MOTO!!!! Post pics of that too!

glad everyones ok